Bill Weitkemper's Profile
- “Indefatigable? Irascible?”
- “Mr. Ottinger, as my example demonstrates the water (and sewer) volume charge is the same whether the property has one ...”
- “Although most studies indicate that a master water metered property uses between 20 and 40% more water since there is ...”
- “An apartment building with 12 apartments and 12 individual water meters would pay a considerably higher water and sewer charge ...”
- “Expecting the public would support both Fire and Police on Proposition 1 was a mistake.”
- “Vote no on both bond issues then replace the City Manager, both directors and any other staff member that does ...”
- “Based on the number of sanitary sewer overflows that occurred in the Flat Branch watershed in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013 ...”
- “The Water and Light Advisory Board is a disappointment. The Water and Light Advisory Board has no problem with the ...”
- “There is no doubt an independent “Citizens Commission on Sewer Operations” would not support many of staff’s decisions.
- “The need for the Relief Sewers was misrepresented as benefiting residents of the Flat Branch Watershed by replacing old and ...”
- “At the present time the Manor House has a three inch master water meter. The city charges the University $1797 ...”
- “It is a matter of being accountable. An apology is a necessary step in that process.”
- “I was recently asked about the “problem” with the downtown sewer system.
In Columbia there is seldom a problem with ...”
- “That would be the time to replace the 3" master water meter with an individual water meter for each apartment.”
- “The most significant way to increase water and sewer revenue, save water and reduce sewer capacity is to require any ...”
- “If the five-story, 718-bed student apartment complex is required to have individual water meters, rather than a single master water ...”
- “Mr. Matthes and Mr. Glascock propose to accommodate new downtown development by constructing a $6.75 million Flat Branch Relief ...”
- “Before user rates are increased all users should be charged the same rate.
If the monthly sewer base charge for ...”
- “The money needed for infrastructure improvements does not have to come from a single source.
The money can, and should ...”
- “RE: Glascock said as little as one inch of rain can cause the city's sewer system to overflow near ...”
- ““David Sorrell, engineering manager for Public Works, pointed out that the department already has a program underway to replace old ...”
- “In 2011 MDNR issued an “Abatement Order On Consent” (AOC), to the City. The AOC, which is still pending, stated ...”
- “I would like to point out that the City Managers proposed budget includes a 5% across the board increase in ...”
- “The paratransit service should find a way to include assisting passengers get to the bus.
“When the bus arrived, Davis ...”
- “They are requesting a variance to reduce the 249 on-site parking spaces that would normally be required for up to ...”
- “Welcome aboard.”
- “There are many City of Columbia employees, including firefighters and police officers that would do just as well, or better ...”
- “It's about time more people questioned this project.
The airport terminal should be made fully-accessible so all visitors to ...”
- “Columbia Public Works spokesman Steven Sapp said, "It's all a balance, we want to have adequate personnel, equipment and ...”
- “Encouraging customers to buy less water is one way to slow demand. One of the most effective ways, O'Connor ...”
- “Nationally during the past 10 years, utility costs have risen consistently but the one with the steepest climb has been ...”
- “Mark Jones ran in the Fifth Ward. I believe that what cost Burns the election was her refusal to question ...”
- “Cory, you don’t have to be an outsider to identify waste. When I was hired to manage the city ...”
- “I can assure you that I have no “grudge” with any mid or upper level manager in the Water Utility ...”
- “Well said and I agree. See the comments I posted on March 21 at https://www.facebook.com/voteWeitkemper”
- “One of the questions was “How would you pay for infrastructure improvements?” I did not do a very good job ...”
- “If elected Fourth Ward City Council representative I will support the motion to rescind the November 19 approval of plans ...”
- “Brian Treece did an excellent job. He should be setting in one of the seats on the first and third ...”
After serving the citizens of Columbia for 37.5 years I retired from the Public Works Department. If your ...”
- “Ordinance B267-12 Fireworks
I was disappointed, but not surprised, that city staff did not propose a better ordinance than B267-12 ...”
- “"There's no way to get electricity to people without wires. It's one of those necessary evils - I think ...”
- “The first thing to consider: the R-1 residential neighborhood was there first, since 1995.
The second thing to consider: is ...”
- “The City water treatment wetlands on the above map are actually the City's constructed wastewater treatment wetland cells.”
- “The right of use ordinance and permit for the bridge can be found at:
- “Mayor McDavid is not a public servant.
City Manager Mike Matthes is the public servant.
You are not the only ...”
- “Sent on March 10, 2012
City of Columbia Missouri
This is a request for records under the Missouri ...”
- “In the interest of public health the city’s wastewater system should not be used as a carrot for annexation ...”
- “"City Finance Director John Blattel said the move should make more people eligible for the new minimum winter-quarter average of ...”
- “Leadership by example. A good move.”
- “Is sewer billing perfect now? Not yet. Is it better than it was? Yes.
In general, those that use more ...”
- “Another daily newspaper, whose blog I don't participate in, wrote "Weitkemper suggested the city charge owners of illegal stormwater ...”
- “Of the 120 SSO's mentioned in the article only three were dry weather SSO's. None of the three ...”
- “Glascock said one challenge moving forward is figuring out how to help homeowners pay for any problems discovered with private ...”