Bill Weitkemper's Profile
- “Columbia Public Works spokesman Steven Sapp said, "It's all a balance, we want to have adequate personnel, equipment and ...”
- “Encouraging customers to buy less water is one way to slow demand. One of the most effective ways, O'Connor ...”
- “Nationally during the past 10 years, utility costs have risen consistently but the one with the steepest climb has been ...”
- “Mark Jones ran in the Fifth Ward. I believe that what cost Burns the election was her refusal to question ...”
- “Cory, you don’t have to be an outsider to identify waste. When I was hired to manage the city ...”
- “I can assure you that I have no “grudge” with any mid or upper level manager in the Water Utility ...”
- “Well said and I agree. See the comments I posted on March 21 at https://www.facebook.com/voteWeitkemper”
- “One of the questions was “How would you pay for infrastructure improvements?” I did not do a very good job ...”
- “If elected Fourth Ward City Council representative I will support the motion to rescind the November 19 approval of plans ...”
- “Brian Treece did an excellent job. He should be setting in one of the seats on the first and third ...”
After serving the citizens of Columbia for 37.5 years I retired from the Public Works Department. If your ...”
- “Ordinance B267-12 Fireworks
I was disappointed, but not surprised, that city staff did not propose a better ordinance than B267-12 ...”
- “"There's no way to get electricity to people without wires. It's one of those necessary evils - I think ...”
- “The first thing to consider: the R-1 residential neighborhood was there first, since 1995.
The second thing to consider: is ...”
- “The City water treatment wetlands on the above map are actually the City's constructed wastewater treatment wetland cells.”
- “The right of use ordinance and permit for the bridge can be found at:
- “Mayor McDavid is not a public servant.
City Manager Mike Matthes is the public servant.
You are not the only ...”
- “Sent on March 10, 2012
City of Columbia Missouri
This is a request for records under the Missouri ...”
- “In the interest of public health the city’s wastewater system should not be used as a carrot for annexation ...”
- “"City Finance Director John Blattel said the move should make more people eligible for the new minimum winter-quarter average of ...”
- “Leadership by example. A good move.”
- “Is sewer billing perfect now? Not yet. Is it better than it was? Yes.
In general, those that use more ...”
- “Another daily newspaper, whose blog I don't participate in, wrote "Weitkemper suggested the city charge owners of illegal stormwater ...”
- “Of the 120 SSO's mentioned in the article only three were dry weather SSO's. None of the three ...”
- “Glascock said one challenge moving forward is figuring out how to help homeowners pay for any problems discovered with private ...”