- “Spoken like a man
Wearing a conical hat
At an IQ fight.”
- “The militia is
Disregulated so our
States are not secure.”
- “Love ya, Foote! Wading
Into the fracas with facts -
Your calm persistence.”
- “The legitimate
Electorate will vote to
Shut that whole thing down.”
- “Marines deployed with
No live ammo was Reagan -
If facts still matter.”
- “And still revising
Downward my expectations.
Have a good day, too.”
- “The good ol' boy choir
Sings from their hymnal in the
First five comments here.
Wanna join the ...”
Policies they once endorsed -
That quacks like a pact.
Conservatives have a way
Of shutting that whole ...”
- “H.R. Two-one-two.
A lovely tailored suit of
When religion is
A la carte, more important
Than food ...”
- “Price gouging interest
Rate cartel fixing markets.
Read up on LIBOR.
The affluent sell
The "trickle down" scam since they ...”
- “Stay classy, Ellis.
Keep recycling Wallace.
You wear it so well.”
- “Southern Democrats like
Wallace were conservatives.
Reagan's "State's Rights" speech.
Quite convenient: Lee
- “The high market risk
Comes from lack of demand for
Goods and services.
Will increase supply. Tax cuts ...”
- “America is
Where I live. Amercia's
For the Out-sourcer.
Good ol' eagle eye -
Snatching comprehension from
The jaws of ...”
- “The GOP's thoughts
Are exhibited here. God
- “Somalia: for
Conservatives who just want
To be left alone.
Finland, Iceland, and
New Deal America - the
- “Hospitals are FORCED
To provide stabilizing
Care to anyone.”
- “Republicans love
Their own ideas until
A Democrat does.”
- “Agitator: it's
In the washer's center and
It gets our clothes clean.”
- “Papering over
The Little Rock Nine doesn't
Make race go away.
George Wallace's speech
From his inauguration
- “Please refute more claims
That are not made - it's fun to
Talk right past the facts.
Fixing a loop-holed ...”
- “Prison guards, cops, fire
Fighters, judges, bailiffs, and
Nurses - Depleters!”
- “No surprise here: the
Same male choir psalming praise
Of the status quo.
Not one mentions the
Facts of Lilly ...”
- “Just obesity?
Nor terrorism, measles,
Nor texting drivers,
Heroin, bath salts,
"Stand your ground" stalkers.”
- “I never pegged you
For a Bircher. But here's your
- “Keep up the good work,
Rose. To the Bircher conclave,
I have only this:
You keep on using
Those words ...”
- “I love the weekly
Bircher Jamboree - dangers
- “Did not Bush blame his
Predecessor for leaving
A budget surplus?”
- “Celebration for
Bringing the fringe mainstream for
Over thirty years.”
- “A "compromise" from
A majority member:
"Separate but Equal".”
Doesn't change the facts posted;
It just negates them.
Crucial. Facts: water is wet,
And east ...”
- “Changing the goalposts -
Powell's UN speech addressed, too,
You should read the things
You post: "clean bill ...”
- “The Cuyahoga
River caught fire. Chemicals,
Humans made it burn.
As I hold eyeless
Gulf shrimp, tell me more about ...”
- “No war on women,
But there's a war on wealth? This
Is bizzaro world.”
- “To be affluent,
Is to be a victim? Don't
Carry their water.”
- “Poor, sad billionaires.
They're weeping all the way to
The bank and their homes.”
- “Refutation of
Just (auto-erotic activity).”
- “If I close my eyes
And plug my ears, all your "facts"
- “Blaming someone else
For your own hard heart? A
Hoarder's gotta hoard.”
- “As you know, Rose, when
The complaints are about your
Tone, it means you're right.
Some want to pity ...”
- “Been gifted so much,
Yet petulantly hoarding,
Blind to privilege.
Oh, did I mention
Judgemental? Like, totally
- “Cheaters and scoundrels,
Thieves and bankers always think
They deserve their spoils.”
- “Ann Coulter is the
Best articulator of
- “Littering is a
Crime. Vandalism is a
Crime. Poor taste is not.”
- “Self Medication:
A public health concern - not
A criminal one.
Smart policy: match
The right intervention to
The social problem.”
- “Twilight grasshoppers
Are karma police - termite
Housing Jenga base.”
- “May your surprise turn
When there's science to show ye
- “Civility is
For my adversary, not
Me. Now that's a toot!”
- “We can begin by
Shelving the "both sides do it"
Hogwash - it's phony.
Comics lampoon the
Powerful, harshly. Bullies ...”
- “Tale of a man with
No dog in the fight, spamming
That he doesn't care.”
- “You've stipulated
The application of the
- “A big "Howdy!" to
My cyber-stalker! You'll be
- “When "media" means
Only what "makes money" then
The critique is of
The corporatization of
The "public ...”
- “Incredible claims
Are without merit, but keep
Plucking that chicken.
- “Hey look! A bunch of
Men! How are those uteri?
[Didja skip that day?]”
- “Sponsor pressure works.
Boycotts are not illegal.
Par for the course, though.”
- “You care about "their
Race" long enough to call "them"
Some lazy bigots.”
- “Is this the part where
I sound like you and write, "I'm
Rubber, and you're glue?"
- “When they've outsourced their
Opinions to Fox News, there's
No need to quarrel.”
- “Don't beseech God to
Be on your side, instead pray
That you are on His.”
- “The only problem
With the death penalty is
That it kills people.”
- “Petulence is a
Pestilence, and bullies have
- “From the annals of
Grover Norquist, it's the worst
Or it's clever troll
Bait masquerading as ...”
- “Shouting down a cave
Hearing their own voice reply.
It's not someone else.
Seeking only "proof"
Already seen = Department ...”
- “The election chief
Found guilty of voter fraud -
No picture would help.
- “If I close my eyes
Really tight, the world appears
Like I want it to.”
- “My career coach once
Said, "Don't ever let someone
Tell you what to be.
Someone who never met ...”
- “If your doctor is
Giving you a script for a
Carton of Newports,
Then your doctor is
Most definitely smarter ...”
- “Cigarettes are not
Medication. You have what's
Called "fact confusion."”
- “The more you tighten
Your grip, the more star systems
Slip through your fingers.
If you're talking my
- “The voices you hear
From the TV are talking
At you - not to you.”
- “"...health care for the blind, prenatal care for women, services for people with developmental disabilities and child care for low-income ...”
- “Remember the "just"
Punishment of Achan? And
His whole family?
Do not trump public health. Go
Find another ...”
- “"Libs are evil dumb!
They're mentally ill! They are
Like bovine feces!"
I feel better. Can
I be in ...”
- “Perhaps you should watch
"Behind the Labels" - not "based"
On a true story.”
- “If you only list
"Welfare states" that failed, then your
Bad at keeping score.
Finland, Sweden, Netherlands,
- “I noticed, too - but
I deleted it. I'm no
Trust the others on
The list with honorable ...”
- “The most insightful
Yet. Though, I can't conjure up
Missing Roger Ailes,
Lee Atwater, and GOPAC.
- “Clearly, numbers are
Not intended to be a
- “One side: CATO and
AEI and Heritage.
The other: data.
I was agnostic,
Then I read reality's
Liberal bias ...”
- “Saving consumers
Money through poverty pay
Of their employees.
Cotton was cheaper
- “Since you speak the truth,
Rose, vitriol will follow.
But please don't you stop.
Watch their fangs when I ...”
- “"Whoa!" say investors.
Their portfolios come first -
Health in second place.”
- “Taxing labor more
Than money, carried interest -
No more Middle Class.
Landed gentry to maintain
Order not justice ...”
- “A straight, white, Christian
Male is a minority?
Oppression tales, please.
I've been a red-head
In a sea of ...”
- “Rule breaking is for
In the combat arts?
I bought you those clothes,
That rifle, those bullets - you ...”
- “Abuse of the young
By the old - that's the moral
Of Kipling's "Tommy".”
- “Irony defined -
Judging those who would judge as
Not worthy to judge.
Unless you've been me, how ...”
- “The families of
Pat Tillman and Jessica
Lynch would disagree.”
- “Defense spending is
A jobs program? Rebuild roads
And bridges instead.”
- “And the warriors
Say, "Boo! Be afraid!" since peace
Threatens their paycheck.”
- “My right to have a
Theocracy or censor
The press is infringed!
My right to charge a
Poll tax, or ...”
- “Race is not a card,
Racism is not a game,
And quantum means small.”
- “Back in my day we
Called condescension vapid
Times have changed. Think of
The examples you've set. Why ...”
- “If corporations
Paid living wages, housing'd
- “Real people are
Suffering in poverty -
The rest is blather.
Shame is a burden
For some, so they dispense with ...”
- “Impugning my life -
A revelation of your
Your claim was addressed;
Although, all looks like a nail
- “Thinking those are the
Only options? And haikus
Are too limiting?”
- “More like: working just
For myself, or promoting
One may recognize
A bit from The Preamble.
You guys ...”
- “What you think you know
About me is a tome of
Ignorance, you two.
But I would expect
Nothing else ...”
- “Tell me more about
Your chronic health conditions
And hospital stays.”
- “Clearly welfare is
Money that goes to someone
Else, 'cuz you earned your's.”
- “A refrain from the
Syrian government - you
Ghastly thought: there are
Twenty-nine jobs now at
Massey Energy -
- “The chorus bashing
The criminal class.
You think consumers
Were just wearing their skirts too
High or shirts ...”
- “The definition
Of exploitation and a
Quote from Colonel Kurtz.”
- “It's not that the one
Percent have too much wealth - they
Have too much power.
We've got you ...”
- “An apt description
Of the anti-Howard Beale,
- “Woolworth's lunch counters
Were occupied by whiners,
Too, in your version.”
- “From the gallery:
A defense of the Feudal
- “If they called themselves
Tea-occupiers, you would
Be much more gracious.”
- “I guess the victims
Of Bernie Madoff just got
What they deserved, too.
It seems that jailing
Bernie Madoff is ...”
- “Gullible people,
Stop it! You're easy prey for
All of the banksters.
Banksters, as you were.
Continue your business ...”
- “It's always the guy
On top who thinks his success
Was mostly himself.
The same will defend
Corrupt institutions ...”
- “I think our parents,
DNA, and dumb luck counts
More than five percent.”
- “What happens when our
Enemies talk about us
Like we do of them?”
- “Mocking liberals
Is fun, particularly
When I'm so forlorn.”
- “Santorum wants to
Give labor unions money -
If they're in Iran.”
- “I've never heard a
Protester whine, then again
I listen to them.
The only whining
I hear is from ...”
- “The Constitution
Doesn't provide enforcement.
We the People must.
Executive's fiat trumps
And is excused ...”
- “A celebration
Of peaceful populism,
Except in our town.”
- “Those are belongings -
Not trash or debris. Please read
The First Amendment.”
- “They are welcome to
Put as much wealth as they want
Into my eyeballs.
However, I will
Suggest that a ...”
- “You're right. Poor People
Are so lucky. Some even
Have no house to clean.
Still others don't have ...”
- “Forbes and Koch brothers,
They did what now to deserve
Their wealth? Feudalists.”
- “Williams says there's too
Many high paying jobs that
Have a blue collar.
Or maybe we need
More low ...”
- “I wonder if there
Are clawback provisions for
- “So I'm breaking my
Rules to say "Love your haikus!"
No, I'll keep my rules.”
- “Increase the estate
Tax. A corpse has no use for
Wealth. Are you feudal?”
- “You're okay with the
Redistribution of wealth.
As long as it's up.”
- “I would encourage
Is not attractive.”
- “Sovereigns need valets
To portage wretched parcels
And cover-up crimes.”
- “The blight's the case of
Absentee ownership - it's
Not in his backyard.”
- “Every day is a
Gift. I will never begrudge
- “To be dry in the
Rain and be warm in winter -
Yep, that's an asset.
Food and water don ...”
- “There's no need to choose
Between the two since they're, in
Fact, one and the same.
After reading ...”
- “Zero-sum bunker
Mentality - why bother
When autumn is brisk.”
- “Willful ignorance:
For non-curious minds who
Just don't want to know.”
- “Dear Mister Moghul,
Keep up the work that you do -
Still much to be done.”
- “Sometimes I buy goods,
Services in another
Country when travelling.
Sometimes those goods have
Been taxed without me casting
- “It's not a function
Of "Eastern Cultures" - that is
My only concern.
Where's the sexism
In Taoism or ...”
- “Muslim culture is
A cesspool? They didn't bomb
Sixteenth Street Baptist.
Let's call a crime a
Crime. But ...”
- “More dangerous than
Not having a job? Getting
Hurt while on the job.”
- “Gangs with badges in
LA County's prison - they're
The Three Thousand Boys.
Seeking revenge? Dig
Two graves. One ...”
- “None of us can be
All knowing in everything -
Learn from those who learn.”
- “Tell me more about
How you chose your parents and
Chose your DNA.
How you chose to not
Be injured ...”
- “That's a fine list if:
Not tired, hurt, sick, hungry and
Have a place to live.”
- “When employers keep
You poor, they ensure that you
Must keep coming back.
Because if you get
Ahead, they may ...”
- “Remember the poor
Is someone else's problem -
Long as you got yours.”
- “If you think that I'm
Envious of selfishness,
You'd be mistaken.”
- “Letting people drown
Who don't wear life preservers -
Not selfish at all.”
- “"Get your GED
By gunpoint." That'll teach'em
To be citizens.”
- “Is sheltering the
Homeless, feeding the hungry
- “May the kindness you
Sow, be the compassion you
Reap. Or lack thereof.”
- “"I remember this
One guy that I met, and he
Told me...." Laughable.”
- “I'm not convinced the
Nearly two million homeless
Children made that choice.”
- “@ JK
Quote some science or
At least data. Random
Claims carry no weight.”
- “It's crucial to place
Blame on the hucksters and not
The victims of cons.”
- “Consumer goods did
Not wreck the economy.
The notion's absurd.
Fraudulent bankers - cooked the
Books, made a ...”
- “A diagnosis
Of chronic illness - you're priced
Out of the market.
The ringers absolve
The corrupt system. iPhones,
- “There is truth in your
Question - a revelation
Of the corruption.”
- “John's advice is sound.
There's just a few more things that
Could be added, though.
Don't ever ...”
- “The vulnerable
Are exploited by actions
Not by lip-service.
- “Wal-Mart profits up
More than five percent all while
They cut benefits.
- “The ringers and the
- “It's not the market
That sets exec's pay. It's their
Country Club buddies.”
Cults mimic value at the
Expense of labor.”
- “The myth: C.E.O.'s
Create value. In truth, they're
The parasite class.”
- “Democracy's the
Process, points "We the People"
To our Republic.”
- “The One Percent are
Welcomed, too. Would they mingle
With the commoners?”
- “For democracy
Is boisterous - with each an
- “Nor is parody,
Nor scorn, nor mocking, too grave
An insult to quell.”
- “But if haikus are
An attack on your freedom,
Freedom's too brittle.”
- “Haiku silences
No one, nor abridges speech.
- “Mocking those who use
The First Amendment? Should we
Still be British ruled?”
- “Hey Occupiers!
All this push-back means they're scared.
Keep up the pressure.”
- “To suggest the same
Thing when shown it's not germane,
- “When presented with
Contrary evidence, just
Reflect a little.”
- “To remain convinced
In ignorance - failure of
- “What baffles tyrants
- “It proves the point why
This movement does not hate wealth,
- “Athletes are labor.
Same with actors. Neither caused
A credit bubble.”
- “Don't be too impressed.
Atheists and Muslims are
More popular, too.
- “My bad. There are just
Fourteen hundred millionaires
In the moocher class.”
- “Hey Ellis, you think
Your suggestions are germane,
But, in fact, they're not.
They have as much ...”
- “"Their fair share" is more
Than a widow, an orphan,
And student combined.”
- “I thought that even
Millionaires were supposed to
Pay tax. Their fair share?”
- “Conflate elections -
Polls. Deceit is answering
A question not asked.
- “Million in income:
"Hand-to-mouth" living just at
A higher level.”
- “Dangerous dogs are
More dangerous when owned by
- “Seven thousand are
Millionaires that paid zero
In income taxes.”
- “Time poll: this movement
Is just twice as popular
As the Tea Party.”
- “Daily mail is not
A newspaper. It's more a
Check your sources. Or
Perhaps you think James ...”
- “Quote from Occupy DC, that I've rewritten into haiku form-
We've been asked to leave.
We have a ...”
- “Consumer lending
Did not create a crisis.
Of course it's banks that
Force government to make laws,
Not the other way round.”
- “Of course it's banks that
Force government make laws,
Not the other way round.”
- “If government could
Force banks to make loans, can we
Get the bailout back?”
- “Arrogance thinks you
Know another's story, and
- “Neither illness nor
Injury are choices. But
Compassion is one.”
- “In feudal times, the
Complict vassals over -
Looked the sovereign's crimes.”
- “Liberty without
Justice is a chaotic
Free-for-all of greed.”
- “The world is bigger
Than you. Some understand this.
Scorners just throw stones.”
- “If you've never heard
Of the People's Microphone,
It could seem silly.”
- “You're an astute man,
Mister Robertson. You have
Such insight and truth.”
- “If you don't research,
Cynicism will lead, but
Deeper is the truth.”
- “Looking at you own
Experience, makes you think
Of just-world theory.”
- “To reference the "me"
And "my" only is narrow
Minded. Life is big.”
- “Your reality
Is not universal. Please
- “"...majority of it goes to the govt in form a taxes ..."
When fiction becomes
A "real" masquerade, then
All discourse ...”
- “Wall Street has purchased
Puppet politicians - don't
Defend the banksters.”
- “Fear restricts progress.
Don't wallow in the past. The
Future is for all.”
- “To dismiss others'
- “They are the other
Ninety-nine percent. Chances
Are that you are, too.”
- “Not putting yourself
Into another person's
Shoes, shows who you are.”
- “Mocking what you don't
Understand reveals your own
- “My haiku's limit
Discourse? How do they stop you?
You limit yourself.”
- “A corporation
Goes bankrupt - is it murder
- “The culture of life
Should extend to the justice
System and beyond.”
- “To stand with victims
And the oppressed, I truly
Admire your stance.”
- “No one applauds an
Unwanted pregnancy. The
Notion is absurd.”
- “Banning abortion
Doesn't save any babies.
It just kills women.”
- “Some find outlets in
Some. Others just laugh.”
- “Willful, purposeful
A hallmark of frank.”
- “It's best to ignore
- “Profile histories.
Useful tool in discerning
- “I think George Tiller's
Widow would disagree with
Your zero count, sir.”
- “Use observation
To see if you can spot the
Irony. It's there.
- “Success happens not
In a vacuum. You're welcome
For roads and bridges.”
- “Reminded of John
Donne's "No man is an island."
Selfishness: a vice.”
- “Thirty-five words in
Quote. Six first person pronouns.
Missing "we" or "us".”
- “If rich are the job
creators, when they shrink pay-
Roll, job destroyers?”
- “Sadder than any
Haiku, is child hunger in
Land of such wealth.”
- “Statistical noise
Is great for theory but not
For those it would help.”
- “Everything I have
I earned, said the straight, white male.
Blind to privilege.”
- “Forty percent of
People in poverty work
Full time. No big deal.”
- “Lucky poor people.
They hoard all the jobs. Some of
Them even work two.”
- “Well done, John. I love it! As for others....
I won't be bullied.
You don't have to play ...”
- “Gamblers at tables
Look for the next sucker to
Cheat and swindle good.”
- “Middle class that bought
Assets like homes, equities -
Saw wealth disappear.”
- “No one comments on
The failure of Saipan's ways.
You think you know me.”
- “I love it! (The meter is 5-7-5, however. I still hit publish too soon sometimes.)
Those who own more use ...”
- “Taxes are not a
Method to discourage wealth
Taxes pay for the
Commons. Saipan's perverse free
- “I can sum up your "article" in an haiku.
Sharing the burden
Is only for the poor since
The rich ...”
- “Is it nice to not
Know what Nobel Prize winners
See as class warfare?
- “When someone paid from
Taxes, rails against taxes -
Too much irony.
And "400 richest Americans had total assets of nearly ...”
- “But since it's not then,
Sixteen syllables is all
Required for rebuff.”
- “If "pathetic" were
Seventeen syllables -
A fitting haiku.”
- “The second haiku, above, should read the following:
To question Blunt's policies
And his politics.”
- “"[Romney's] experience as a business leader and former Massachusetts governor could help spur job growth around the nation."
- “Commitments to our
Public servants are honored
- “"Sounds like we agree that violence is here to stay and the best we can do is deal with it ...”
- “There's no Jedi mind trick, Mike. Nonviolence doesn't teach one to control or coerce - violence does those things ...”
- “Nine Eleven was
Nineteen airplane hijackers.
Not one from Iraq.”
- “Magician's call it
Folks to look away.”
- “There is some taint here,
But not the anti-war sort.
Taints belittle peace.”
- “Boland - Iran-Contra (among many other things) was the NSC violating the Boland Amendments.
I don't know who Borland is ...”
- “"Conversely, specialty careers pay the big bucks because few are willing to put in the time/effort to train for ...”
- “Solely legal terms
Misses worlds of poetry.
Talking down? Child, please.”
- “If you think that I'm not familiar with Santa Clara v. Southern Pacific nor the First Amendment protections afforded ...”
- “Corporations are not people.
There is no mention of corporations in the Constitution or in the Amendments.
Business is not ...”
- “"...other shovel leaning employment indicates a shallow or contemptuous opinion of that calling."
Not only do you not seem ...”
- “Irony: when a person who has had a government career, says the government does not create jobs.”
- “In Raymond Chandler, that's always what the extorter says. Reality - it's just reality.
Too bad some folks are ...”
- “"As to "where are the jobs?"....there will be no significant enhancement of jobs growth (on the order of 350K ...”
- “"I thought that a Federal Judge in Florida vacated the law because it was unconstitutional, and 26 states participated in ...”
- “"Q: How does the government debt crisis in the United States differ from the one in Greece?"
Easy answer - they ...”
- “It used to be called the divine right of kings.
Now it's called the divine right of capital.
- “Hacking is a crime. Bribery is a crime. Corruption is a crime. News Corp. is a criminal enterprise whose tentacles ...”
- “"When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they ...”
- “Looks like I hit it pretty close to the mark to get all of you riled up.
You're blind ...”
- “Right, John. Because 2006 is just like 2011.
Just be sure to yank the supports on your way out of ...”
- “It's quite a thing to benefit from years and years of government deficit spending just to pull the ladder ...”
- “"...with the support of his customer base, he has grown as a businessman."
A great story that tells the tale ...”
- “"Congress consistently brings the Government to the edge of default before facing its responsibility. This brinkmanship threatens the holders of ...”
- “I recognize your memo from the Distracting Condescention Bureau of the Department of Redundancy Department.”
- “"There is now abundant evidence from the toxicology world that, in some cases, a little bit of poison is actually ...”
- “"Acttually virtually all foods are "healthy" if enjoyed in proper moderation. Te main reason we're all busting our belts ...”
- “So many men commenting from the safe, theoretical realm.
I've read your piece three times, and I ...”
- “Col. Miller,
I meant no irony. I like both of those former governors and want to hear more about them ...”
- “"Among the declared Republicans...former governors (... Gary Johnson and Jon Huntsman)," Thank you for mentioning the larger field of GOP ...”
- “"Very interesting how the anti-war left has pretty much been quiet now that Barack Obama has been elected President and ...”
- “Dr. Messmore,
There is no irony in your last name.
I understand you received a doctorate in political theology in ...”
- “"I don't accept the idea that wealthy people don't deserve to be wealthy, and don't accept the ...”
- “And funnier still how massive deficit spending from FDR and Truman's "Marshall Plan" for Europe was so successful.
- “US economic policy of the late 1920s is a suicide pact. We know where it leads.
Of course, Sowell would ...”
- “"Raising tax rates AGAIN on the wealthy only forces them to move to another state...."
Declarations do not a reality ...”
- “Col. Miller,
I will encourage you to re-read what you wrote. You mention one Republican and two Democrats. But the ...”
- “The "Selective Outrage Machine" at its finest...or I look forward to your Tom Coburn (R-OK) and David Vitter (R-LA ...”
- “I wonder if a photo ID law could have prevented GOP presidential hopeful and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney from ...”
- “"...the Democratic Party's allegation that it is a Republican plot to suppress disadvantaged voters is beyond silly."
Look at ...”
- “Eating the seed corn is bad public policy.
But when the office of Director of Public Safety gets a 177 ...”
- “"The February 2010 strewing of cotton balls at the Gaines/Oldham Black Culture Center and this year's spray painting ...”
- “The 24th Amendment to the US Constitution has some guidance on this issue.
"Section 1. The right of citizens of ...”
- “Maybe Councilman Dudley could recommend something in his own ward. Doesn't Ward Four love America, too?
While I trust ...”
- “Godspeed on a full recovery, Dr. Brigham.
You've written a touching story, Ms. Goodman. Well done.”
- “I agree with lobbyist Irl Scissors. ( http://ilsconsultingllc.com/irl-scissors-missouri-lobbyist/ )
In fact, I've sent a letter to the CEO ...”
I know you're clever enough to spot irony and absurdity. But back to your points - there's all ...”
- “JB, I don't know why you gotta dog me - I'm on your side! We've got to go ...”
- “"Or the one showing how the vast majority of taxpayers with zero federal liablity make less than $50K?"
I agree ...”
- “"I'm more interested in seeing the tax base broadened so that the nearly 50% of taxpayers with no federal ...”
- “"The quality of our schools and the education they provide hinges on teachers -- not managers."
I totally agree.
I suggest ...”
- “"Dividends come from the LIABILITY side of the balance sheet as a part of shareholders' equity (SE). SE goes up ...”
- “"Paying a 17 year old student, or a single mother with no experience or diploma, (and perhaps a criminal record ...”
- “"Those of you who object to this are simply envious...other "logical" arguments be damned. I can think of no ...”
- “"I think most upper managment types realize their wealth depends on their employees."
And there's the crux of our ...”
- “DK- the discussion is about CEOs not corporations. The notion that somehow anyone is suggesting profits are evil is absurd ...”
- “"Um, Exxon-Mobil, Occidental, CBS, Target, etc. generate hundreds of billions of dollars, tens of thousands of jobs, and a goodly ...”
- “MW - that's a phony talking point. It ain't partisan - it's class. I picked one of them at ...”
- “I humbly submit that "they" don't generate any economic activity.
"They" manage resources. "They" glad hand politicians in exchange ...”
- “It's like a late night Sally Struthers pitch - "These are the faces that need tax breaks."
Or a scene ...”
- “"When liberals run out of content in a conversation they nearly always turn to disparagement of their opponent."
Recalling from ...”
- “So much for shared sacrifice.
My heartfelt thanks to the editors for including this info.
Is it irony or coincidence ...”
- “Excellent column. To maintain dignity with victory is what a civilized people do.
Furthermore...aw, heck - I can't say ...”
- “Careful, Mark. There are those who don't like Math committed in public places.
All said, the "consumption tax" or ...”
- “"Why is it more profitable for insurance companies to add administrative costs with this maze, and why would said bureaucratic ...”
- “Your pretension to know me or my journey is arrogance. Your baseless claim highlights your ignorance. I defend physician compensation ...”
- “Your question is immaterial to the letter, JB, and shows an incredible bigotry toward physicians. In my career I've ...”
- “"When you consider the relative energy contribution of wind to nuclear (which you have to, in ordder to compare apples ...”
- “A great story, and wonderful testament to cleverness and resourcefulness - using the earth's natural bounty for unique experiences.
- “An insightful article, Ms. Combs. These phony alarms from Dr. Ablow and Ms. Brown should be laughable, instead they seem ...”
- “I understand your point, Fred. Furthermore, I'm sympathetic to it - neither you nor I want to pay for a ...”
- “Way to go, Don. People like you have made it easier, and inspire, people like me. I'm humbled and ...”
- “Take it up with Fred, you two. It was his claim.”
- “The comment is still there. It's in the middle of my description of the Koch brothers.”
We've never met. Your presumption of knowing me is arrogance.
I will encourage you to access a dictionary ...”
- “You didn't describe "cost externalization."
You didn't describe "rube."
You didn't describe me.
You did describe yourself.”
- “Not exactly.
It's more like inheriting a bunch of money, growing investments by polluting environments, claiming that you've ...”
- “Great article, Joe! I find it peculiar how many Americans admit defeat when it comes to healthcare. Just because the ...”
- “"To be intellectually honest if one wants to reduce America’s dependence on oil, foreign or domestic then such a ...”
- “"Look at it this way, if I want to drive my car to and from work I pay for all ...”
- “This is an absurd requirement. No reasonable person will "shop around" for discount medical care - bargain heart surgery? The real ...”
- “"I'll say again, "a way to make sure we never have fiscal responsibility, or a balanced budget in our ...”
- “In bizarro-world, national Democrats are held accountable for the actions of Republicans in Missouri.
In reality, Republicans in Missouri are ...”
- “"It's easier for him (Nixon) than it is for me to spend other people's money," said Schaaf, R-St ...”
- “A person is more complex, more nuanced and more authentic than the sum of their Missourian comments - with all due ...”
- “I do not offer a comparison. It is an illustration of priorities.
You are comparing dollars to methods of appropriation ...”
- “"I might mention that much of the "stuff" I post comes from widely reported current events. It seems to me ...”
- “"How many B-2's has the state legislature built, anyway? Must have missed that news nugget."
Tony, that is a ...”
- “Cost of one B-2 Bomber - $2.5 billion dollars (cdi.org)
Cost of unemployment benefits for residents of Missouri over ...”
- “You can tell it's summer; it's time for beach wear.
I can see the flip-flops from my house.”
- “"Proof the taxpayers are getting their money's worth from *Wisconin* teachers."
You should keep a robe handy in your ...”
- “Another fact that got "lost" - police and firefighter unions are exempt.
"Their right to bargain collectively for wages remains intact ...”
There is a film called Gasland produced by Josh Fox. There are videos of flaming tap water from the ...”
- “@GS - Hilarious!...and AMEN!”
- “"I'm tired of the cyclists thinking they are always the good guy."
We'll try to stay off your ...”
- “As an avid bicyclist, I know that some injuries may not manifest themsleves right away. I hope that the cyclist ...”
- “I think it is okay to teach Creationism in schools. I don't think it belongs in a science classroom ...”
- “Well said, Rose. Labor contracts are not obsolete. Anyone who has been exploited by an employer knows the total vulnerability ...”
- “Well said, Mr. Panko. I also found it shameful to characterize exercise of the First Amendment right to peaceably assemble ...”
- “Please don't call me, Surely.
TIMBERRR! "Once more, no one, not Scott Walker, not those jackbooted Repubs in Madison ...”
- “The same freedom enjoyed by the US Chamber of Commerce, the NRA, political parties, and labor unions is the freedom ...”
- “"Gregg: the right to association is not the same as the right to collective bargaining. No one - not Scott Walker ...”
- “William: To deny teacher (public employees) their rights to peaceably assemble, or to deride them for exercising those is unconscionable ...”
- “The guy who wasn't there is calling others "ignorant."
That is hilarious!
Passing judgement from a news story. Too ...”
- “Well done, Brad. You've raised the ire of those who "suffer under the abuse of the teachers' unreasonable demands ...”
- “I commend the Columbia Board of Realtors for for doing these interviews and putting them online, however -
"We are doing ...”
- “"$81 million for extended benefits to people out of work for more than 79 weeks."
"Republican Sen. Jim Lembke, of ...”
- “"A voter-approved law bars utilities from charging customers for new power plants."
"Republican Sen. Jason Crowell, of Cape Girardeau, says ...”
- “"And if I owned a business, do I have the right to tell those wanting to unionize that they should ...”
- “"But, then, if you did the research, you would be denied the opportunity to post your clever but inanely clueless ...”
- “"...a transparency that opened the department's books for all to see."
Ha! Good one!
Clearly you've never heard ...”
- “This is a clear cut case of the fool being the bigger fool than the ones who follow him.”
- “A new nuclear plant will definitely create jobs...for oncologists.”
- “The daily question is slightly misleading. Neither the firefighters nor the police unions are being asked to give up their ...”
- “As one who frequents downtown, almost exclusivly by bicycle, I love this corral and love the idea of more. Great ...”
- “As one who frequents downtown, I love this idea. But I'm concerned that my tax dollars would go to ...”
- “I desperately want to agree with you, but I don't know what that means.”
- “"That's why it's time for the "47 percenters" to start paying their fair share, especially when so many ...”
- “Jimmy is right!
We need to tax poor people since: (a) they are not smart enough to be rich and ...”
- “A diversity class is not a punishment.”
- “Social media at its finest. This action and bringing the culprit(s) to justice are the best reactions to the ...”
- “I am deeply saddened and disgusted by this contemptible act.
Nevertheless, I am comforted by these words: "Man must evolve ...”
- “We need a Trader Joe's in the old Osco place.
If only The Cartel would allow competition.”
- “This is a fantastic story! Good work, Matthew.”
- “"I think I'm having a hard time figuring out what you are writing about." This is not surprising.
- “Trying to have it both ways, I see.
"..."small, desperately poor states" were the only places they could succeed."
- “Frank - The Soviet missiles were not "aimed at us." They were surface to air missiles. Your link shows that.
- “Clearly, I'm not the smartest guy in the room wherever I go.”
- “I remember Reagan lying about not supporting the drug running Nicaraguan Contras to finance a terrorist operation (in violation of ...”
- “Great article, Ms. Stephens!
I'm trying to understand the state of mind that asking someone to think a bit ...”
- “Mark - you may be thinking of the Maldives in addition to the others I mentioned above.”
- “Derrick, Mark, frank -
Two of you are engaged in futilism - the other is an apologist for feudalism.
Next the feudal ...”
- “I, like you, find historical revisionism loathsome even if it is fiction that is being revised. It would be like ...”
- “Bad bill.
If they were to pass a bill that requires anyone receiving money from the state to be tested ...”
Another thoughtful article!
You clearly present the difference between climate and weather. The Maori, the Tuvalus and the republic ...”
- “I wish you were more serious. You change the subject from "no one wants reform" to resistance to "drug test ...”
- “"...those who advocate keeping the safety net as is could open their wallets and homes to take care of those ...”
- “"Gregg, the freeloader would be declared ineligible for assistance."
What or who assists those that are deemed ineligible for assistance ...”
- “I asked three questions - and you don't owe me an answer to any of them. But I'm grateful ...”
- “I am someone who is unrepentantly anti-abortion. But some who call themselves "anti-abortion" use the term "unborn children" as a ...”
- “"Weed out the freeloaders..."
Jimmy, you seem to make a reasonable point. What is a "freeloader"? What would a social ...”
- “I'm reminded of The Honeymooners:
Ralph: Don't you forget this, Alice. I'm the King, and you're ...”
- “"...there is a huge difference here. What the liberals said about Loughner being causal due to conservatives was totally inaccurate ...”
- “I'll poke this hornet's nest with a stick....
"Are you ready to admit yet that it was liberal ...”
- “"Much like sharks circling a blood spill, the punditry waded in with relish."
- “This seems to be great news, and I am inclined to let the justice system work.
I applaud CPD's ...”
- “"Net neutrality takes it away from all of us."
It is clear that you don't know what net neutrality ...”
- “"The students, bus driver and bus monitor were evacuated..." The bus was evacuated. When people are evacuated, they are given ...”
- “The profanity of the "your side is worse" discussion by repeating the violent rhetoric is like a ghastly BINGO game ...”
- “"The deinstitutionalization of the severely mentally ill began in '60s with PC concerns about civil rights of those patients.... Federal ...”
- “"Barney frank and the dems caused this financial mess we are in by giving mortgages to people who could not ...”
- “The irony is so thick! A GOP sympathizer "forgetting" about the health bill for first responders - many of whom lost ...”
- “"...why I should give a damn..."
I've heard of a cat wrangler, but never a cat herder.
"So, if ...”
- “"...you know the top 1% who pay 40% of the income taxes..."
When one takes home the bulk of the ...”
- “Does anyone know how to make a web app for a "billable hours" clock? I don't.
When this drags ...”
- “The reason why this is news: "Former Missouri Treasurer Sarah Steelman has encouraged avoiding investing in companies that do business ...”
- “"Gregg, the big difference between Hannity's show and The View is that the conservative viewpoints given on Hannity are ...”
- “The comparison between Sean Hannity's Great American Panel and The View is equitable since neither are news.”
- “MW - here's justification for the plural.
- “To serve and protect - let's have 200 more just like to both of you!
- “Smart Republicans, Stupid Democrats: If Democrats are the big spenders, why do Republican states get the money?
- “I'm reminded of the words of Jim David Adkisson - you can read his manifesto here.
- “Usually, I like dinner and kiss before I'm... , Mr. Sherlock.
FACT: Mr. Milsop has no uterus.
FACT: Mr. Milsop ...”
- “"The Missourian’s citizen journalists, like J. Karl Miller, Rose Nolen, Gene Robertson and others who write for this paper ...”
- “"For instance, the Pentagon may waste taxpayers millions of dollars by cutting the C-17 cargo plane program. Worse yet, cutting ...”
- “Just a thought -
Shouldn't the headline be: "Juan Williams gets $2 million raise from Fox News for being afraid ...”
- “Bill -
It's a fake equivalence. Firearms are for self-defense of a law enforcement officer. TASERs are used to immobilize ...”
- “When I was young, my parents took my brother, my sister and me to Mount Rushmore. As we were approaching ...”
While we disagree - I do appreciate your intellectual honesty.
I did miss a consequential word in my first post ...”
- “"Contrary to the popular misinformation provided you by the Democratic Party and the DNC, this program was to be completely ...”
- “Mr. Rosman,
"Keep and bear arms" are not infringed with a ban on the USE of CEDs. They may still ...”
- “I meant Ken Buck. Joe Buck is a fine sportscaster and doesn't belong in that company.
- “"Republicans want to take away your Social Security," - maybe not all Republicans.
Although, it is in the Pledge - page 24 ...”
- “Amen, Specialist.
- “Phony equivalence is pathetic. TASERs are not bathrooms, autos or stairs. Law enforcers don't use bathrooms, autos or stairs ...”
- “Nathan Redelfs says to me: "...first, if the SWAT team or police officers are not trained in how to deal ...”
- “I'm convinced!
More lethal weapons = more safety.
What about swords? Can I carry a sword? Maybe if it's ...”
- “"Christian children opposed to gay activities in the public schools should not be branded bullies. "
They're not. Bullies are ...”
- “The most dangerous place in the city is our local police station. In 2009, our law enforcers averaged 2 accidental ...”
- “I wonder if this quote is accurate: "Burton said he sees the Taser as a purely defensive weapon that is ...”
- “It is folly to suggest that we can't use common sense regulations to regulate a "well regulated Militia".
- “With a growing community, traffic congestion is a real concern. It seems to me could use some smart regulations on ...”
- “Sheriff Carey,
When the proposal passes, your officers may still carry the weapons. They may just not use them in ...”
- “Here's her executive experience -
Rupert Murdoch and Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal's ...”
- “Pt 2: See Mary Matalin.
Sincere apologies to Mary Matlin.
Pt. 3 remains the same.”
- “Pt. 1: See James Carville.
Pt. 2: See Mary Matlin.
Pt. 3: Cry me a river, GOP.”
- “"...all egged on by a gleeful media."
Here's a link to an article by a media figure "widening the ...”
- “10. Don't be a grandmother during a routine traffic stop.
11. Don't ...”
- “Wishful thinking and bad math - what a combo.
Here's some scholarship on the issue - from people that actually study ...”
- “Law enforcement use all kinds of tools - radios, flashlights, vehicles. The question is - what do we do with a police ...”
- “Still no blessings - no prayers - no good.”
- “Actually, maybe my post wasn't too fair - but that's the point.
Yet another clinic on irony - here's ...”
- “As long as we're quoting from holy books:
"Moses said to them, "Have you let all the women live ...”
- “I've read both the Yes and the No reasons to Prop B - so I decided to read the Proposition ...”
- “I thought the sub groups of Fact #4 on the "7 Key Facts about Domestic Violence" is misleading - even according ...”
- “As a male, I find nothing offensive in this article. Nevertheless, I appreciated your link, Teri, even though some issues ...”
- “It is possible. There's still no grocery store downtown for working people. There's the Root Cellar (great food ...”
- “"However, the fears promoted by global warming enthusiasts, the anti-coal and anti-oil crowd, Earth First-ers and others relying on emotion ...”
- “I am not ashamed of my Constitution, my Bill of Rights or my Republic. I am neither ashamed of our ...”
- “The great thing about Rights as protected in the Constitution - they're not up for popular opinion or a vote ...”
- “Well said, Jane.”
- “A lesson in irony -
After a news story about Mid-Missouri Muslims moderately reacting to bigotry with patience and understanding, a ...”
- “The internet and 15 minutes of searching.
Google is now a verb.”
- “Ellis -
Justification for our outrage is hypothetical outrage over a hypothetical situation in the most repressive, non-democratic birthplace of 15 ...”
- “Hiding in plain sight.
Glad to help.
Maybe there was some accountability in Texas. If there was, we could use some here.
For instance - an officer ...”
If you don't hear their voices, you're not paying attention. If all you hear are the radicals ...”
- “Just in our city - a person tased off a bridge, a person tased for standing too close to an officer ...”
- “Ms. O'Neill,
It is a crime to intentionally expose another person in public whether the person is drunk or ...”
- “I find this sentence curious: "Finally, I don't think powerful political lobbying organizations like AARP -- a supporter of this ...”
- “"Hospital bills bankrupting people are actually rare events, despite what you hear and read."
The only thing more rare than ...”
- “The LWV is on to something - and I'm convinced.
Governments mandate purchases all the time. I'm forced to ...”
By far you are the most thoughtful commenter I've found regarding this issue.
Let's use your definitions ...”
- “Making well regulated = to well equipped is specious. But thanks for a least mentioning militias.”
- “Even the 2nd Amendment calls for a "well regulated militia." Here's the text: "A well regulated militia being necessary ...”
- “In order to not confuse..."well regulated."
- “And Ms. Murphy - still no sources. It was a reasonable question. Contrivances populate the fictionary.”
- “Here's the text from the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution: "The right of the people to be secure ...”
- “Here's the text f the 2nd Amendment in its entirety-
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security ...”
- “CATO graph is incomplete at best and bogus at worst. The graph maker says as much. "People argue that a ...”
- “Well said, Rose! Senator Patty Murray of Washington introduced legislation on June 30th to help homeless women veterans and homeless ...”
- “Thank you for your service.
Col. Miller you wrote - "The historical data of rig accident research shows the last major ...”
- “I'm reminded of a search warrant affidavit - specifically Section 3(9). I'll post the link.
- “If me and every other wacko in the world ran naked in the woods and only ate dead roots...there ...”
We're all plugged in - one way or another. I'm fortunate enough to live close to work - same ...”
- “You're right, Mark. That is why we have the National Guard. It's part of the "well regulated militia ...”
Similarities with a national retailer.
And so it ...”
- “No tan - no tax.”
Thank you for proving my point. All of the "new technology" that is not concentrated nor scalable enough and ...”
- “Seriously? "The historical data of rig accident research shows the last major U.S. oil spill occurring in 1969 — not ...”
- “There is an argument to be made that broadband could be part The Commons. There is an argument to be ...”
- “I'm reminded of another friendship - David and Jonathon
- “Not only should SWAT members have psychiatric evaluations, they should also submit to regular and random drug tests. These are ...”
- “You present the choice between a "costly, job-killing national energy tax" and a costly, people-killing national energy policy. Eleven people ...”
- “For when my belief is tested -
And this tells me to whom I should listen (I Tim ...”
- “I wonder if any of these people should use the "Get a sense of humor" defense.
- “The UCLA study found that 49% of day laborers had, at least 1 day in the last 2 months, been ...”
- “Only for those who wish to educate themselves on how employers exploit immigrant labor, the willfully ignorant...may simply move ...”
The best way to deal with a bully is not to engage, but I'll engage the good colonel ...”
- “You liked it so much you had to steal it!
Recycle anything of mine you like.”
You focus on the criminal laborers and not the criminal employers. You bleat about the former and ignore the ...”
- “You're right, the Congress has failed on this issue. Cheap labor is like a drug and businesses will do ...”
- “I say welcome!”
- “Col. Miller,
You flatter me with your "admiration."
I'm still unclear, however. Do you condemn someone who misrepresents themselves ...”
- “I want to ensure that law enforcement have all the tools they need to serve and protect the community. I ...”
- “I assume your words are not just reserved for Blumenthal only.
Rep. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) also displays "evidence of a ...”
- “I've lived on that street for more than 2 years. I agree with Mr. Dyer that anything is better ...”
- “He who drilled it - spilled it.”
- “Consistent low marks from both the US Chamber of Congress and American Tort Reform Association are badges of honor. Calling ...”
- “Clean numbers please.
I still feel safe.”
- “Unfortunately, my work schedule won't allow me to attend these meetings, but I'm in full support of accountability ...”
- “I'm hopeful that the will be a boon to the county. I happened to live in Richfield, Minnesota, when ...”
- “John, you ask a reasonable question so I'll give you a reasonable answer.
The relationship between the employer and ...”
- “Being second-guessed is part of any job in the civilian world where most of us live and work. in additon ...”
- “I offer the city the same option with my home! Please buy my home from me - I promise to lease ...”
- “Any laboring that society deems useful enough to engage an individual 40 hours a week should provide a living wage ...”
- “They all should be Class X felonies. Class A is too lenient. We need to get tough on many more ...”
- “I found myself in DC for an afternoon in 2002. This museum was the only place on my itinerary. Even ...”
- “I watch a lot of Fox News just so I can recognize when people recycle it.
I will encourage you ...”
- “I sure will. We bought a house here because of so many transportation options. After moving from Clarksville, Tennessee, four ...”
- “When those who comment send a message, it pays to recognize it.”
- “Noah - well said! Of course the Governor's office knew what it was doing. I believe he fully intends to ...”
- “Secret cabals endorsing candidates is not an integral part of any democratic process. In fact, it is the antithesis of ...”
- “The Thomas A Smith Electric Rifle should have the same regulations and deployment protocols as a firearm. It is an ...”
- “I feel like I took a test and got all the answers wrong. Columbia still has lots going for it ...”
- “You have no credibility in this selective historical record. This bill, that I don't happen to like very much ...”
- “Maj. Schwandt,
After reading your letter twice, you offer the most compelling reason that I've heard for voting no ...”
- “Dave - my post was meant to show that as a structure, corporations have domesticted humans. Virtually all of our interpersonal ...”
- “Here's a short script for the next time someone confronts you on this non-issue (this time with proper spelling ...”
- “Here's a short script for the next time someone confronts you on this non-issue:
"If this offends you, perhaps ...”
Anyone who looks up election data at the FEC website (www.fec.gov) knows that political campaigns are incorporated ...”
- “Littering is a Class A misdemeanor.
It is defined in the City Ordinance Sec. 16-231. The fine is $1,000 ...”
- “National Debt statistics:
1981 $994 billion (Carter left for Reagan)
1985 $1,817 billion (After Reagan's 1st term)
- “Well said!”
- “Don, I would encourage you to read the whole article.”
- “I read the rebuttals - and then remembered this.
- “Col. Miller,
At last you have credibility on your opinion topic.
While it doesn't matter that I disagree with ...”
- “Corn is subsidized by the federal government. Cheap corn produces cheap calories after processing. Cheap calories don't have nutrition ...”
- “Yet another reason to not vote for you.”
- “Not even a year has gone by -
Best check your facts from a reputable source.
Since my original post, all the spelling mistakes that I witnessed on the AHI website have been corrected.”
- “While I believe that you believe your letter, I thought I would provide some links to the things you "cite ...”
Nothing more to add.
- “Remind me, Colonel, what are your environmental credentials? Where did you study? You're an economist? Armchair meteorologist? Statistician?
- “I applaud the coalitions efforts - we need more discussion of these efficacy of these deadly weapons. The Thomas A Smith ...”
- “Discretion, civility, patience, empathy. They should live in the city limits and inhabit many points along a social spectrum. They ...”
Thank you for all the work you do - keep it up! We desperately need people using science and data ...”
- “Two studies come to mind from the Education Research Information Center.
- “Clearly, whatever is said by the first African-American President can no way be a teaching moment for America's youth ...”
- “Something gets in the news - suddenly, everyone is an "expert".
It's sad that there is so much talking and ...”
I read some of our other points, and you seem reasonable and measured. And thank you for proving my ...”
- “True, Allan, elected officials are not leading by example. Decision-makers must not be insulating themselves from the consequences of their ...”
- “What a dunce am I! I had a Sgt. Miller deployed to Iraq. I question a man's credibility and ...”
- “Sgt. Miller-
On this issue, you have no credibility.
You don't work in the health field.
You don't ...”
- “I commend the new police chief for this great step forward. This is the first time in a long time ...”
- “I pray that someone behind the badge will finally break the no-snitch culture in the CPD and hold these hooligans-in-uniform ...”
- “I was for spelling potato as "potatoe" before I was against it. I told that "e" - "Thanks, but no thanks."”
- “It is a bad idea to think that a product of a school in the university needs to make money ...”