- “If you considered perjurious testimony evidence, yes.”
- “The police ALLEGE he had a knife. There isn't one in the video.
Given the choice between parroting the ...”
- “On Aug 17 he went on national TV (ABC's This Week) and said he had been in Ferguson "almost ...”
- “Did the Rams issue a press release saying they never wanted to see Sam again? This headline makes it sound ...”
- “Time for the used car lobbies to fight the new car lobbies and eventually tell us what the new law ...”
- “It's frustrating feeling like I'm the only one who realizes that in these (and almost all other similar ...”
- “"Every second you delay is potentially a higher body count," said Sheriff Greg White. "We're in the business to ...”
- “In Missouri (and the rest of the US) the Prosecutor's Office and the Public Defender are "separate but equal ...”
- “Huzzah! Our flagship university has finally decided to enter the 21st century...in 2014.”
- “If you've ever seen the quonset huts around town, those were built for the same reason during the post-WW ...”
- “If you've ever noticed the quonset huts around town, those were all built post WW-II as a response to ...”
- “Incidentally: Charles Dudley is also eligible for recall and there has been talk of same. This would be the second ...”
- “I do have one question for Mike Martin and Fred Schmidt (and, I suppose David Rosman, although I'd prefer ...”
- “For what it's worth, I began composing my comment, then took a phone call and posted subsequent to the ...”
- “Speaking of blogging v. journalism, wouldn't a journalistic publication list corrections and changes to a story?
"updated 1:28 ...”
- “"People shouldn't just throw mud at the wall to see what sticks," Schmidt said. "They are distracting the public ...”
- “Matthes said a TIF does not take away any tax dollars from schools because it only supports projects that would ...”
- “If a project won't happen "but for" us giving them money (or agreeing to let them operate tax-free, which ...”
- “The article has an interesting subject, but "industry changes" is a bit misleading. There was apparently only one change: selling ...”
- “Sounds awesome. So awesome that we should waive the open container policy EVERY DAY.
Heck, just FRI and SAT and ...”
- “When I look around this city and wonder where our money could best be spent, I'm sure I see ...”
- “We already know what a boondoggle TIF's have been in Kansas City.
Click on this (.pdf) and scroll down ...”
- “Of course their example uses a grocery store (which a lot of city centers need) and an abandoned house. That ...”
- “It's heartwarming to see the FOP say "To a man we found Chief Burton’s actions to be reprehensible ...”
- “Stealing taxpayer money?
The state REQUIRES them to attend school. This isn't welfare.
By your logic every citizen should ...”
- “I'd say if you don't have the ability to research a college before you select it, you probably ...”
- “But none of these things are analogous to playing the lottery:
It's REALLY easy to increase your chances of ...”
- “This is like the Sports Illustrated cover curse, isn't it?
Sorry, Tarheels fans.”
- “Dear everyone: What does any of this have to do with Citizens For Justice? That's nonsensical.
Also, if you ...”
"Missouri's St. Louis Post-Dispatch published an editorial inviting companies to ...”
- “He subdued someone in an altered mental state without a taser? I didn't think that was possible. Hopefully he ...”
- “Dear Sanders supporters: you need to acknowledge that the CPD's coffers are OUR money.
Next realize that employees like ...”
- “No need to speculate what the cameras are about: just read the article: the whole thing is about revenue.”
- “"serves a government interest in minimizing negative effects"
Since almost no one had the character to vote against a bad ...”
- “Also, gotta love that "democracy" means 25 people decide whether 100,000 people will be subject to a tax. I ...”
- “"We didn't consider the impact of that law"
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...government.”
- “Or schools could just dump the NCAA altogether and align themselves however they like. Membership in it isn't mandatory ...”
- “It seems silly to leave West Virginia and TCU out, since they are going to be members of the Big ...”
- “If you look at the list of things the CID says it will do with that money, the city is ...”
- “Dudley's firm ethical stance that if he takes money for a vote, he'll give you that vote no ...”
- “"He also said that about 99.7 percent of the people in his ward really don't care one way ...”
- “Why wouldn't the table include coal, since that's how our power is generated in Columbia? (Or nuclear from ...”
I'm not sure what their age has to do with anything. They simply record police officers. They aren ...”
- “Since the Tea Party claims it was a nonpartisan grassroots movement started to protest Wall Street bailouts, you'd think ...”
- “"It’s interesting and positive for us that (all schools) found that staying with the Big 12 is in their ...”
- “Most likely they'd sell it to someone who wants to own a trailer park named Regency until they can ...”
- “Here is a thoughtful analysis from FB. Since I have a Missourian account and the user doesn't, I thought ...”
- “"a great way to create Missouri jobs"
For $5.5 million simply to create a few jobs, I certainly wouldn ...”
- “Union Rep: “We don’t feel like we’re always treated fairly.”
Ironically, that's exactly what the citizens said ...”
- “Regarding Ken Burton's desired definition of "misconduct":
a) The CPRB would have been acting as state judiciary, without any ...”
- “Thank goodness the streets are now safe from another guy trying to meet the market demand for things people want ...”
- “Dear Joplin,
You are so 3 months ago. We're moving on.
The review board doesn't need to define excessive force. To the extent that a legal definition of ...”
- “"...Chevy's, Chili's, Cracker Barrel and Outback Steakhouse."
Does anybody else remember when Columbia didn't have any of ...”
- “They might be saying "that's what the law says" but it doesn't, according to this article.
How could ...”
- “If you've never heard of any of this, here are some other stories from local news sources you can ...”
- “There's really too much to get into here. I guess the big things are:
1) This article doesn't ...”
- “Like all things dangerous, we should outlaw that parking garage. Maybe a background check before you can enter it?”
- “Those buildings are empty, but not abandoned. Abandoned is like Times Beach, MO or Love Canal, NY.”
- “The issue with texting (or checking your phone) is that you are basically shining a light in the faces of ...”
- “This would be a better story without the editorializing, particularly since it's based on a false premise.
Bill James ...”
- “Making garages free on Saturday will be nice. It gives people too drunk to drive on Friday a good/safe ...”
- “Without the McDonald's hiring, last month's gains would have been close to zero. Nothing against McDonald's, but ...”
- “Not sure which is harder to believe--the story or the comments.
Most exciting comments we've had since the Trib ...”
- “Politicians always prefer that bills come due when they are out of office.”
- “Well, as long as there's "minimal delay" I suppose we can do without the 4th Amendment.”
- “If this is about understanding where our food comes from, then it should also explain where most of our soy ...”
- “What information, exactly, are they saying ought not be made public?”
- “I didn't realize our legislature was so interested in making it easier for Muslims to answer the Islamic call-to-prayer ...”
- “Aside from the indisputable fact that a passive camera would not have prevented what unfortunately happened to Adam Taylor....the ...”
- “I thought his press conference was really about as good and honest as it could realistically be in these circumstances ...”
- “We could "choose" the head coach at Duke or Butler or anywhere, but the coach also has to CHOOSE to ...”
- “The sheriff apologized to the dog's owner.
All's well that ends well.”
- “Also, I've given this a lot of thought, and since it's all about the NCAA tournament/Final Fours ...”
- “If you want to go through the revolving door every 5 years, keep hiring out of state talent that just ...”
- “Most of those schools are top tier basketball schools. It's downright silly to compare Mizzou to Duke, Kansas, North ...”
- “Sterilization concerns include:
1) Water spots
--I'm not sure what that signifies, other than hard water, but maybe that ...”
- ““Some of these projects might include...marketing efforts"
AFAICT, all marketing paid for by the city over the years has ...”
- “18 plows?
I know that's what they tell reporters, but check out their website:
"What equipment does the city ...”
- “"However, CDC officials say an additional blood sugar test that is now used more widely may be responsible for as ...”
- “"whom state officials reasonably believe have used drugs."
--What state officials? I'm sorry, you can't just use that ...”
- “Aim high, Mizzou!
Rising to #34 out of #35 should really help "competitiveness" and "recruiting and retention" for faculty members ...”
- “What Richard King wants, Richard King gets:
He already got the ...”
- “I totally agree with you, Pat. But don't you know that sometimes the alley is DOZENS of feet away ...”
- “Why must we even attempt to pretend such things could possibly ever follow any kind of logical economic principles or ...”
- “Not even touching the advertising those movies give (yes, even Winter's Bone), it might be a good idea to ...”