- “Hoppe singled herself out by posting here, rebuking the Missourian for choosing to report on the use of dirty forfeiture ...”
- “Barb, you vote to spend ill-gotten civil asset forfeiture dollars on an armored personnel carrier for our police while championing ...”
- “Just when I thought the list of problems with Boone County Proposition #1, the 911 tax increase, couldn’t conceivably ...”
- “There is little doubt that the Boone County Emergency Management and Joint Communications 911 system faces serious operational challenges and ...”
- “Attorney David Roland, formerly the director of The Freedom Center of Missouri, drafted the language for this charter amendment. It ...”
- “We douse our fields with more and more poison and people wonder why important pollination insects are dying. Can you ...”
- “I would understand if Schmidt had proposed some public meetings or interested party meetings to discuss the possibility of banning ...”
- “It is important to point out -- perhaps Justin Thomas will read this -- that public drunkenness and disorderly conduct are already ...”
- “To say that alcohol was banned in the three downtown parks due to the police being "unable to curtail instances ...”
- “"In 2012, that good work included making more than 9,000 arrests in about 21,000 cases in 2012 and ...”
- “It was stupid for the city to deny Sanders the dog, especially when $10k was offered. The liability argument was ...”
- “Here is a link to the Keep Columbia Free blog that includes the plan referenced in this piece.
- “It's all about integrity...
- “The fact is that some people in the Grasslands neighborhood are getting what they want and $7,000,000 of ...”
- “Hummel is terrible. He always has been. The Democrats should remove him. He acts like a drunken high schooler most ...”
- “That's not David Johnson in the picture.”
- “We broke this story at Keep Columbia Free several days ago.
- “"Jones' contributors, on the other hand, include not only Columbia residents but also people from across the state and nation ...”
- “I think Nauser has the ability to reach across the imaginary political divide. She's not a run-of-the-mill, establishment, Romney ...”
- “Hopefully the district will allow transfers in to classrooms where the teacher carries a concealed weapon. We trust teachers with ...”
- “By meaningful action, I hope the President means stopping this madness.
"as many as 168 children have been killed in ...”
- “"Gartner said the project isn't trying to compete with or replace Wi-Fi already provided by downtown businesses.
'Businesses may ...”
- “Both proponents and opponents of the EEZ should support this proposed amendment. If any Council member votes against putting the ...”
- “Here is a pretty good piece on the whole thing written a few months ago. Suffice it to say that ...”
- “If Jack Hamm doesn't like you, you must be doing something right.
Words to live by methinks.”
- “"The inability to strike keeps unions weak in Missouri compared to other states, union representatives told the Missourian in a ...”
- “What is an "employment district?" With all of the misleading talk of government "job creation" in an election year, the ...”
- “Mr. Rosman, you wrote: "...but here is a fact. The poor of Missouri and every other state also cost the ...”
- “Here are a couple of facts about the proposed cigarette tax.
1. Those of low income smoke at a much ...”
- “The event experienced a better turnout than the story suggests. At its peak,around 6:50PM, the crowd swelled to ...”
- “It's time to recall any and all City Council representatives who, knowing what they know now, still vote for ...”
- “@Mike Griggs: I think the "Griggs" being referred to herein is cousin Dave.”
- “Audrey Spalding for City Manager!
Read why at these two links...
- “Mike Martin posted the following on a related story. His comments fit this op-ed as well
Not sure where you ...”
- “Why do these cigarette tax proponents hate the poor? Empirical evidence shows that a far higher percentage of poor people ...”
- “Regarding Mr. Rosman's blog post...
"The liberalization of concealed weapon laws in most states, including Missouri, has not lead ...”
- “Derrick: No, not really, unless those same laws apply to the weaponry the government can own and carry for use ...”
- “Jimmy, empirical evidence shows that criminal activity rises during prohibition and drops when prohibition ends. It was true for alcohol ...”
- “What we are seeing is a symptom of drug prohibition. It is very similar to what was seen during alcohol ...”
- “<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ORkHrJ9zekY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>”
- “"Moreover, changes in technology and society have made the lines between private citizen and journalist exceedingly difficult to draw. The ...”
- “Here is a new blog on the subject.
- “For more on Keep Columbia Free's support for Chief Burton, see the following blog post.
- “Note that the city's agents point to no credible empirical evidence stating that the cameras can be credited for ...”
Eapen Thampy's eloquent response to Skip Walther follows. I couldn't ...”
- “Dudley is part-owner of Atkins Chemical? Really? Why does he work at a gas station?”
- “While the review board and city legal staff did a respectable job standing up to the onslaught from the CPOA ...”
- “"Well, I declare, look what your linked source turns out to be."
A sworn affidavit.”
- “Hey Delcia, How about lying police?
And was your beloved Mr. Crane ...”
- “Here is one more...
- “@John Smith: I hear what you are saying, but if Ferguson was convicted because the court accepted Erickson as a ...”
- “"Every fact which is essential to prove an element of the offense must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt."
- “Did the police write this story?”
- “"I’ve observed that some newly elected public officials have barely warmed their seats before they are under attack by ...”
- “For clarification “the current” was meant to be “then current””
John is correct. We knew going in that Mitch had little chance in his first bid for the City ...”
- “It is important to note that Paul Sturtz was not the only prominent local Democrat in town actively engaging in ...”
- “A focus on high-tech jobs and not blue-collar jobs has been the topic of discussion in recent years. The marked ...”
- “Bringing blue-collar jobs to town to balance the high-tech IBM jobs that require college educations has been part of Mitch ...”
- “That's one of Mitch's supporters, Tim. I bike, I wear spandex, and I support Mitch.”
- “Gary Johnson”
- “What the city needs is a strong voice representing the First Ward and Mitch Richards is that voice. As evidenced ...”
- “Younger generations need to remember importance of the horse and buggy. Yes, they've been replaced by automobiles with internal ...”
- “@ David Sautner:
If you are concerned about High-Fructose Corn Syrup you should take a look at the history of the ...”
- “Mitch Richards, First Ward City Council Candidate, has been talking about this problem for quite some time. Healthy food access ...”
- “Why run a story about government license plate readers in St. Louis when they are in use right here in ...”
- “Will someone please call Mary Hussmann. The police used a Taser to subdue a knife wielding maniac. Everyone knows they ...”
- “True choke collars are inhumane regardless of how they are used. A choke collar differs from a pinch collar. Pinch ...”
- “The real story from this meeting is the upcoming public hearing regarding the CPD use of SWAT to serve search ...”
- “Getting rid of the Federal Department of Education would likely solve the problem. If the federal government is going to ...”
- “Take a look at the numbers that the city is using to make its decision. Are red light cameras really ...”
- “As long as we have a government that initiates violence against non-violent people who pose no threat to others, we ...”
- “Snow removal in Columbia is unacceptable. The lack of adequate snow removal hinders commerce and therefor hurts everyone in Columbia.”
As long as we have a government that initiates violence against non-violent ...”
- “Here are the stats the city is using
- “All red delays are the way to go, but that doesn't generate revenue for Gatso or the city.
- “"City statistics show that the number of accidents declined by 10.6 percent in the intersections after red-light cameras were ...”
- “While you are voting for MedZou, please hop on over and vote for the CYBA in the $250,000 race ...”
- “"4G Is a Myth (and a Confusing Mess)"
- “This story does raise some questions...
Kudos to the Missourian for pushing the issue.
- “I'm curious about which houses are standing on top of the graves.”
- “Come on, Bill, these guys deserve recognition for doing a good job. Lord knows I call the cops to task ...”
- “Here is our latest blog on the subject. It explains how this affair has created a systemic problem for the ...”
- “Is the chief responding to this anonymous press release that was not mentioned by the Missourian?
- “If this truly was a 7-year affair, as rumor suggests, it would be interesting to see what impact Tom “Dirty ...”
- “@Justin Ritter:
Public institutions staffed by public servants who are publicly funded and who are granted their authority by the ...”
- “Thanks for clearing that up, Officer Wieneke, but I have to say, Rick makes an interesting point. If police recording ...”
- “It is important to note that Turner either turned off his personal recording device before approaching Billups or erased the ...”
- “Don't quote me, but I think Dearmont is the merely the attorney who represents the CPOA, the local police ...”
- “"By law, citizens have the final say on what weapons police use."
Yes, but this proposed ordinance would prohibit private ...”
- ““Attention, citizen. We are the government and we do what we want.””
- “This story left out the really crazy things she said. Since the Missourian offered a live stream of the meeting ...”
- “Susan Smith is not fit to serve on this board and should be removed. If you doubt this, go to ...”
- “* James Madison: Americans have "the advantage of being armed" -- unlike the citizens of other countries where "the governments are afraid ...”
- “Obama, Bush, and the rest of the power grabbers in Washington rely on the general ignorance of the American public ...”
- “That is odd!”
- “Take the first exit after the bridge if you are coming from Columbia. It's the Overton Wooldridge exit. Take ...”
- “Yes. They are a payola scam. They don't stop red light running and they don't stop red light ...”
- “Now I'm no fan of Obama, but should't that old tea partier in the top picture know that ...”
- “The Constitution promises freedom “of” religion and not freedom “from” religion.
If you are concerned about a separation of church ...”
- “Sure, as long as they can do it without using public funds. I don't think the Washington Park rink ...”
- “There is quite a bit of evidence out there that points to the fact that government entities are beginning to ...”
- “I heard about the stop on VV and actually drove out there looking for some video. My advice to everyone ...”
- “@Ray: Giving the State (MU Police are State Police) more jurisdiction in Downtown is the wrong move. Why not just ...”
- “"Wilkerson credits the patrol with making downtown safer. She said there's been a decrease in many of the crimes ...”
- “Prohibition has never worked. It neither discourages drug sales nor drug use. Prohibition simply fuels the prison industry by filling ...”
- “Myriad reputable studies show that cameras neither deter violent crime nor provide an effective means for catching violent criminals. They ...”
- “I'm not sure what's up with the link in this story, but here is a link to our ...”