- “Did a 13-year-old write this headline?”
- “As soon as I read "Clearview subdivision" it all made sense.”
- “Why would you want to hold up progress to develop downtown? Is urban sprawl better??”
- “A 25-story tower downtown would make much more sense. Besides, I'd like to see Columbia keep growing upward, not ...”
- “"All children receive a prize of candy and a certificate of completion."
Only the winner should receive a prize.”
Lower all the speed limits, bring in cash by ticketing everyone who just wants to get to work on ...”
- “I think brand-new housing would be a much better choice than what's there now. Those houses are so old ...”
- “That's the most accurate headlight I've ever seen.”
- “The less I have to drive to get to a gas station, the better.
No opinion on the Providence project ...”
- “That cost us $45,000?
"Government wasting money; what you'd expect."”
- “Half the people in Columbia still can't figure out how to use round-abouts. This is going to be hilarious!”
- “"...and I ain't care two licks about no grammar, neither! HMPF!"”
- “Time goes on, things change, land becomes developed.
That's a great spot for a convenience store, so I don ...”
- “The LED sign at the used car lot on Business Loop and College Ave will just about throw you into ...”
- “"It appears they are not listening to the public. These public meetings are just window dressing," Baker said on Wednesday ...”
- “If I was in the same position, I would practically pay the city to put a trail in my backyard ...”
- “Sweet, I love round-abouts, and that intersection is a great spot for one.”
- “Junk food laws will keep people from eating lousy food, just as much as drug laws have kept people from ...”
- “Agreed, Adam Wood. People will always find a way, and there's really no reason to spend money blocking .1 ...”
- “Somehow I'm not surprised when I see this happened on Wagon Trail Rd. Every time I pass Wagon Trail ...”
- “I didn't vote for Obama last time around, but if he signs this bill into law, I'll vote ...”
- “"Go to GoColumbiaMo.com and click on the "public safety and courts" tab on the left-hand side."
That tab doesn ...”
- ““We need to realize that the city of the future is one where the downtown and central areas will need ...”
- “I already see spots of dead grass around Columbia. If the weather doesn't change, I don't think there ...”
- “Sweet, I hope this passes!”
- “I'm happy to see this fail. That spot is a terrible place to put a business, and would only ...”
- “Wow, it's so sad that it's come to this. The one place anyone should assume they'll be ...”
- “So, they'll be tearing down those old houses on the opposite side of the street from the church. I ...”
- “Perhaps the rivalry should center around something import, like EDUCATION, rather than generally meaningless sports.”
- “For those of us in Columbia, a trip to StL or KC would cost $30 or so round trip, plus ...”
- “Pizza is a hit on Superbowl Sunday? How is this a news story?
Next up: People wash their cars less ...”
- “That looks awesome, but I'm still going to miss that convenient parking lot.”
- “I grew up in that neighborhood. Kawanis park would be a horrible route for the trail. Seriously, it'd make ...”
- “Thanks for the update.
I'm extremely familiar with the main trail, the connector, and the neighborhood up there.
- “The road he was found on is nowhere near the actual trail. Continuing to mention the trail every time you ...”
- “"The association complained..."
Yep, that about sums up neighborhood associations.”
- “Risk of flooding along the floodway? Sounds like that should be obvious.”
- “"sometimes people have to take personal responsibility"
No, people ALWAYS need to take personal responsibility.
Anyway, it's good to ...”
- “@ Ellis Smith:
Zero sarcasm, I really meant what I wrote. Love 'em, and hope to see many, many more.”
- “3,000 people moving to CoMO is a (hopeful) guess. And what's to say, even if that many did ...”
- “It was already pretty well destroyed last weekend during the Texas game, mostly due to wind. About half of the ...”
- “I think Columbia has greater than 3,000 empty homes right now, most of which are awaiting their first owners ...”
- “Brent Gardner apparently hates or, at the very least, doesn't care about cyclists. The two sections of brick streets ...”
- “Gerald, Shakespeare's is always worth the drive, no matter how far the distance.”
- “I doubt they pull over more blacks than whites, but it is odd how it only takes one officer to ...”
- “Just because it can't be re-zoned, doesn't mean the owners can't close the park and sell the ...”
- “Since as far back as I can remember, if you see a single cop car behind a stopped vehicle, the ...”
- “Paul is right. I got hooked on tricycles in my early-20s, which led to a downward spiral of abuse and ...”
- “I love all these round-abouts the city is putting in. I seriously don't think we could ever have too ...”
- “End-of-the-month quotas, but in the case of drunk drivers, I'm all for it! I also like how the checkpoints ...”
- “What?? 10th and Cherry has never been a high traffic area except after games. Sorry you got hit, but don ...”
- “The City chose to let these developers build more (crappy, overpriced) houses than the market required, and now they're ...”
- “"There's something wrong with me, everyone should conform to MY needs!!"”
- “Louis, I ride my bike along there occasionally, and I'm not covered in spandex. Even if I was, what ...”
- “Nice to see racism alive and well in Columbia. MLK would be so proud that we appointed someone based solely ...”
- “As much as it'll suck getting stopped at that signal 90% of the time I'm driving down Nifong ...”
- “Sweeeet!! This is one of the scariest roads to ride on, so I pretty much always avoid it. Can't ...”
- “Something I noticed, and which can be easily seen in your video, is how bumpy the surface it. It's ...”
- “I like that we're getting a second bike coral, but I think somewhere along Broadway or further south on ...”
- “Don't forget all the birds that have had trouble finding food under all the snow. My backyard is filled ...”
- “We actually got mail today. The mailman not only showed up, but he had large packages that required him to ...”
- “Angie, they seem to neglect a lot of streets off primary and secondary roads. I was shoveling snow along Derby ...”
- “Not helpful. The link tells me I've already taken the survey, even though I definitely haven't.
Along Derby ...”
- “Due to having worked with Pam Forbes for a number of years in the past, and getting to know her ...”
- “I fully understand why the tree has been moved, but it's lost the magic of the original location. Also ...”
- “Wait, cinders provide traction? That's news to me. Anyway, I love the salt! Streets were clear in no time ...”
- “These are definitely 3 parks that would be more attractive to families if they ran intoxicated homeless out of them ...”
- “That's a convenient location for Stephens/Columbia College students, and makes great use of an otherwise lightly used area ...”
- “If you're looking for a quiet country setting, anywhere within 5 miles of Columbia's borders should probably be ...”
- “I thought the Tiger was a retirement home only.
Also, are there still plans on closing Short St. if the ...”
- “I wish someone would give me an award for simply doing my job.”
- “Does this include people texting while driving?”
- “I began taking Vitamin D3 supplements a couple years ago, and I've been sick once, which lasted 3-4 days ...”
- “Not happy about this. I understand the traffic and financial issues with the original location, but this just makes it ...”
- “It's such a tiny, boring building. Since the city isn't going to tear it down and build something ...”
- “Nice, I'm glad it's finally done. I was able to sneak through on my bike a few times ...”
- “Yeah, marriage is becoming obsolete, and check out how great the children are turning out... And, yes, I'm being ...”
- “I like option B the most. It seems like a waste of money, but I don't mind throwing a ...”
- “Columbia PD shooting for quotas so early in the month? There must be an internal bet going on.”
- “Their loss, and the Missourian's gain. I won't pay for online news, and neither will 99% of the ...”
- “That building has set dormant for the longest time, and it'd be nice to have it put to good ...”
- “The city is going to tax us one way or the other. I figure using the money to improve parks ...”
- “Cool, I can defend myself inside my own home with a non-lethal device!
I wonder how soon 'til all the ...”
- “Tasers are safer for everyone--cops and suspects--than guns, batons or fists. The whole point in giving them to cops was ...”
- “version 2”
- “*sigh* There really has to be a group out there complaining about 1st Amendment issues while everyone else is trying ...”
- “I was downtown and around campus this evening and the place is crazy! Lots of art everywhere if you want ...”
- “You ever notice how many of these accidents involve female college students crossing College Ave, and not males? I'm ...”
- “The area near Green Meadows is a lot safer than the stretch between I-70 and Stadium. Why not widen the ...”
- “Almost all new jobs in Columbia are for retail locations, and you can't build a long-term economy on that ...”
- “Chill, Kirsten, the disabled-accessible cars are on the way. They first need profits before they'll have enough money to ...”
- “Wouldn't Alley A, or the alley by the Blue Note make more sense than 10th and Broadway??”
- “Revoke it. He got the scholarship to play football, and now he's been kicked off the team. If he ...”
- “It's a great idea. Give it 2-3 generations, and perhaps they'll begin to treat their women with equal ...”
- “Ray, that's an absurd question.
...Of course they have. Probably doing it right now, in fact.”
- “In response to John above: "why not EVERYONE wait until the train meets all of its legal obligations?"
Because then ...”
- “Columbia is supposed to be bicycle friendly, and there are always a lot of cyclists traveling through downtown, either because ...”
- “8 of the 11 accidents since '05 have happened at intersections with designated crosswalks, while only 3 have involved jaywalkers ...”
- “The Columbia Police Dept. didn't do anywhere near enough to shut down the illegal fireworks displays in residential neighborhoods ...”
- “Good stuff to know, thanks for sharing. Perhaps if the rest of the state would following Columbia's lead in ...”