- “My plumber shouldn't have to pay taxes on what I paid him. After all, *I* already paid tax (or ...”
- “Williams wrote this: "The Yahoo article you posted, versus
"The Bell Curve" by Richard J. Herrnstein and Charles Murray.
- “"What do your construction union folks think about this decision?"
They're very much *against* the decision. But the pipeline ...”
- “It's a bad idea in a democratic country for one segment of the people--whether the military or some other--to ...”
- “Whacky stuff. What amazes me: according to the Gallup poll, a full 22% of folks who have a *postgraduate* degree ...”
- “What do the best educational systems in the world do?
Interesting reading (if you can stand the absurd style):
- “*Every* state incarcerates blacks at a higher pop. percentage rate than whites. Given the welter of factors that go into ...”
- “@Don M: I grew up in Alabama, and lived in the Deep South for 75% of my 50 years. I ...”
- “I think the idea that, as Don M. puts it, "conservatives don't give a tiny little damn what your ...”
- “Col. Miller needs to look carefully at the Frankbot program code; the blue screen artifact has appeared again, and it ...”
- “Actually, I wonder if FC may indeed be a form of artificial intelligence, programmed to spout accusations of liberalism, socialism ...”
- “I imagine that many people will be glad that Michael Williams is okay with "situational awareness."
Me too: I'll ...”
- “Michael Williams wrote this: "But...but...but...how come no one seems concerned about a Christian recipient (i.e., the ...”
- “Kevin G. hits it spot on. Very nicely-put.”
- “Sigh...it seems some here have reading comprehension difficulties. Do see my parenthetical comment at the end of my post ...”
- “It may be that people are tired of the saturation-coverage of this that many will have felt for the entire ...”
- “Thank you Matthew Schacht: "This is the information I have on the Boston occupy movement."
A friend of mine visited ...”
- “Jonathan H.,
Your patience and decision to stick with rational argumentation is admirable. I don't think I'd have ...”
- “I believe the first and third strategies offered for consideration above (in the bullet-point list) are already in place. I ...”
- “Christmas will survive just fine, thanks to countless celebrants around the world. The existence of a "Magic Tree" poses no ...”
- “Derrick Fogle had written: "Dear Frank: Since you asked so directly, I will inform you that I have decided to ...”
- “Columbia College has had a multicultural course requirement for years; I'd hardly call that college a liberal institution! It ...”
- “Anne Dachel is a well-known media-chaser on vaccination issues. Dr King is a chemist with an entrepreneurial bent on these ...”
- “Mike M, wrote this to me: "Where is your evidence that what I have relayed is wrong?"
No Mike, that ...”
- “1. With regard to the Palestina Isa murder, the core issue concerns allegations of what mosque leaders did and didn ...”
- “FC: You seem to be following me. Weird.
But yes, critical reading skills are valuable. And folks, we have a ...”
- “Everyday that I teach, I face students who have been "taught to the test," and they are woefully unprepared to ...”
- “FC whack-a-mole time: if Gingrich and his cronies hadn't used the reading program to pursue his campaign work, while ...”
- “At Mike: No diatribe; if I had to, I could speak what I wrote in an even, dispassionate voice. Not ...”
- “FC: You seem angry.”
- “So...a bunch of sorority girls get to (a) hang out and drink "mocktails" with their supporters, then (b) don ...”
- “And now to more interesting and germane comments:
FC decries my phrase "cart around a load of flags."
Okay. Fine ...”
- “FC: Oh dear, oh dear. First--*why* are you carrying this topic over into *this* thread? That's just annoying ...”
- “@Ray: So a gathering of people. coming together in honor of the 11 Sept anniversary to reaffirm their commitment to ...”
- “FC: "we have you and yours writing and undoubtedly promoting and voting for an ideology markedly similar to the one ...”
- “FC: "...demean capitalism and it's [sic] defenders."
Oh c'mon Frank--I shudder to think that you might possibly imagine ...”
- “Frank "the embargo only lasted six months" Christian somehow forgets the second oil shock of the 1970s, that brought on ...”
- “FC wrote this: "Mr. Trayle, when one - anyone whom cites the price of oil as a cause for our inflation ...”
- “There's nothing ignorant about pointing out the link between OPEC-embargo prices rises for oil, and 1970s inflation. Oil is ...”
- “FC, FC, FC...all I did was point out that the election you so proudly noted was free and fair ...”
- “FC, FC, FC...
The *1984* Nicaraguan election was won by the Sandinistas! I'm glad to see that you recognize ...”
- “Hi FC!:
Not sure why you link to a rather basic overview of the FSLN's revolution and period in ...”
- “When we actually trouble ourselves to *learn* a bit about the late Edward Borland, we see that he was a ...”
- “Any person who carries a passenger on a motorbike without providing that passenger with full safety equipment, is being atrociously ...”
- “FC: very interesting resource,the Miller Ctr--thanks for posting (sincerely).
It supports an earlier point made in this thread, about ...”
- “It's not difficult to complicate efforts that seek to absolve Reagan of his share of responsibility for the deficit ...”
- “"You really are a trial...If you want to show us the adverse conditions pending, look into the costs of ...”
- “Actually, more responsible studies of the economic costs of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars put the figure at somewhere between ...”
- “Good lord. Don, will you *please* read every word I have written in this thread and tell me *where* I ...”
- “I also agree with what Mike has written: the Truman admin. was faced with an awful choice, and in the ...”
- “Sigh...I can't help it, God save me. He's done it again.
To the forum as a whole ...”
- “To all: I imagine FC had already made up his mind about Bess's book before he Google'd it ...”
- “By FC's reasoning, studies of the Am. Rev., the Civil War, the Turkish genocide agst. Armenians, the Russian Rev ...”
- “If Don M. visits a lower-Glasgow pub, he might want to avoid starting in with his happy-family version of English ...”
- “Sigh...alright, I give up, at least in this thread.
Clearly Obama is a closet Red, and in this country ...”
- “Jimmy Bearfield wrote this: "So I'm skeptical that the new law will automatically send insurance company profits skyrocketing."
- “@ MM, who wrote this: "The socialism comes in to play with examples like you gave where the government has stepped ...”
- “PS: Let's note also that, for the most part, Obama *ran* as a Center-Left candidate in 2008. As a ...”
No, no. no. From a liberal-left perspective, the failings of this president are serious indeed. That's why his ...”
- “It's hard to take seriously claims that "Obamacare" is somehow evidence of Obama's longer-term goals of driving the ...”
- “Thank you Paul. For someone to argue that "even when something is taken out of context" the material should still ...”
- “Correct: it *is* a matter of how the requirement would be legislated.
So long as no monetary hurdle to voting ...”
- “He also spoke sharply to my kitten.
Heck--Michelle Bachmann thinks (or wants us to think) he caused the recent swine-flu ...”
- “I think the idea that Barack Obama is a puppet for the Saudi regime is really interesting. It explains so ...”
- “Ellis Smith August 11, 2011 | 10:08 p.m.: "I note that Social Security is still being referred to by ...”
- “Brian Wallstin August 11, 2011 | 6:10 p.m.: "And so would everyone else. Want to know where the money ...”
- “Brian Wallstin August 11, 2011 | 11:38 a.m.: "J. Karl Miller, a retired Marine, enjoys an unrelenting hatred for ...”
- “@FC: Sorry F, but correcting your claims about the Prescription Drug bill (which you branded as mainly Democratic, and I ...”
- “"1. The two wars were absolutely necessary & voted on by both houses of Congress."
Referring the Iraq war open-and-shut as ...”
- “Breaking my rule to respond to FC on his clever use of the etymology of "decimated", referring to Roman military ...”
- “Don, I'm aware of what GlobalSecurity.org has claimed about Salman Pak. But the principle witnesses their report relies ...”
- “@Michael Williams, who wrote "Well, not quite. Depends upon whether a bad outcome after a "proportional adjustment" could have been ...”
- “@Don Milsap:
Don ought to know that the truth about the airliner at Salmon Pak has not been established. A ...”
- “@Don Milsap:
If your best evidence for Hussein's strong links to international terrorism is Abu Abbas (whom Israel let ...”
- “Did anyone see the Pew Research Ctr's analysis of "how we got here" done back in April? They sought ...”
- “The philosophy behind social security was to help ensure that the elderly would not face complete poverty in their declining ...”
- “I'm not able to tell what the thread is now "about," but to return to the columnist's question ...”
- “@Michael Willams:
I understand your claim about traditional norms limiting warfare, and what can happen when one side abandons them ...”
- “@Michael Williams:
You raise a strawman; no sane person would argue that making war can escape civilian deaths (I'll ...”
- “I think Ellis is right: many Americans might have a hard time with a book that poses troubling questions about ...”
- “Perhaps what Mr Robinette wants attention drawn to is the rider attached to an appropriations bill that, among other things ...”
- “@David Smith:
Good grief. Anyone who calls Obama a communist or even a socialist is either playing silly language games ...”
- “Surveillance cameras tend to proliferate. (Do they breed?) As Columbia's population gets used to the first batch, more will ...”
- “Re Ellis' quiz: It would have to be Columbia College, with its online program (since the mid-90s, if I'm ...”
- “@David Smith--
Can you try to be a bit more civil on this forum? You'll still have the opportunity ...”
- “As I understand it, the federal provisions having to do with hog feed are not an issue. The federal provisions ...”
- “The editorial depoliticizes the UK crimes committed by Murdoch employees in and instead makes a sanitized plea and somewhat anodyne ...”
- “Again, I wish good luck to our friends at ICCM, and see no reason why this thread has to move ...”
- “Rather than focusing on the (typically polarized) debate about the challenges posed to the US by political Islamism, perhaps we ...”
- “I applaud the council for work that moves towards recognizing the rights of all citizens.
Somehow, this thread became a ...”
- “Those who wish to explore the effects of the GI Bill in encouraging a new social class of college enrollees ...”
- “The problem has much to do with Social Studies' colonization of curricular areas formerly covered by history and political science ...”
- “Mr Harwood writes: "The substance of the New Civility is not reflective of the civility movement of the past 10 ...”
- “Frank C. writes: "It seems the "old" (I made it up) adage, holds true. 'Blame anyone, but never blame a ...”
- “Frank C. wrote this: "Tim - Wasn't there recently a writer who chastised others for presenting, singular, anecdotal instances as ...”
- “As Frank C. suggests, read more about terrible problems created for our youth before "Roe."
Here's Dr. W. L ...”
- “Richard--anarchism is not suitable for a complex industrial society. You'll need to dismantle *that* first. Otherwise, you're just ...”
- “To me, "patriotism" means being aware of the wonderful aspects of one's country, and also taking care to educate ...”
- “Frank C: "You, as seems to be the usual case, changed the scenario from the omission of expensive equipment and ...”
- “Michael Williams writes: "But, to me, "convince" in this context and situation NEVER should involve a court or law. This ...”
- “Hi Frank,
Yep, just my opinion. (I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!)”
- “Col. Miller--Palin wasn't "Dan Quayle'd" by the media. She did that to herself with a serious of profoundly ...”
- “Chicken Littles are wrong: the US will remain a deeply capitalist nation for the foreseeable future. As has been the ...”
- “Don, that's *exactly* the kind of thing I told Frank would happen if someone who hadn't actually looked ...”
- “Nope Frank--bait-and-switch doesn't work, and that's a weak response. Me? I would *never* make a claim that corrupt ...”
- “Frank wrote: "As one who can only see humanity as the struggling masses who require governmental financial injections for their ...”
- “Frank C wrote: "...the last five political scandals."
No, no, no, Frank. Not "the last five." We need evidence concerning ...”
- “Frank, Frank, Frank...
I don't contest that there may be a (slight) liberal bias that appears in news from ...”
- “Thanks Frank! I appreciate the reading suggestion, but read it long ago, and several more insightful studies! (P.S. Wasn ...”
- “Not to contribute further to the derailing of a thread, but Don Milsop needed to provide evidence for his claim ...”
- “Don Milsop wrote this: "The simple fact is though, if you research the news stories from regular news sources, you ...”
- “PS Frank: the Brennan Ctr at the NYU law school did conduct a national survey just to see, roughly, the ...”
- “Hi Frank,
Thank you for your apology; I am very concerned about voter disenfrachisement, including when it happens to the ...”
- “Frank--please refrain from acting as if you can detect when people's concerns are real or not. You have no ...”
- “The editorialist shouts in all caps: "Perhaps you can point out where the voter photo ID proposed legislation mentions "poll ...”
- “Wrong David Smith--you are referencing a county-record voter-*registration* issue (not voting per se) that would not be affected by ...”
- “When a politician wants legislation passed to correct a problem that does not seem to exist, it is reasonable to ...”
- “"Jim" above provides a good example of typical appeals for voter ID legislation: a vague reference to dead folks voting ...”