Tracy Greever-Rice's Profile
- “It is so incredibly hateful to work so hard to deny a basic human right to so many.”
- “Every single year you guys make the same mistake. There were NOT 45k folks attending T/F. There were 45k ...”
- “I wish we were as concerned and committed to addressing rotting sewers, storm water overflows, and fixing archaic zoning and ...”
- “and St. Louis county shames itself yet again.”
- “Who's surprised the good doctor is more interested in the health and well-being of the merchants of death's ...”
- “Hey Missourian,
What's up with the euphemism, 'counter-protesters'? Don't you mean 'blatant racists'?
Fried chicken, watermelon, a 40oz ...”
- “I'm so ashamed of our county government's decision on this issue. It's hateful and bigoted like the ...”
- “Where's the coverage of the hateful homophobia practiced by this corporation?
Where's the coverage of the low quality ...”
- “I want to see each & everyone of those 'destroyed' patrol cars. I call 'Bologna Sandwich'.”
- “It is unfortunate for the citizens and taxpayers of Columbia that we have allowed ourselves a city administration and all-too-frequently ...”
Making flippy ...”
- “Poor Sheila. We have a city clerk who is a gem - deeply ethical and always kind and helpful.
However, and ...”
- “The public is not confused.
The public was and continues to be lied to - repeatedly.
An apology... necessary but not ...”
- “Helpfully, the Columbia Heartbeat did your work for you this morning. Check out this 12/7/13 article (less than ...”
- “"It's a lot of money — a lot more money than the current tax system can provide," he said. "I ...”
- “Hhhmmm, do we 'need' additional 'soft' infrastructure all the time or 'only when it rains'?
Will these additional officers be ...”
- “Let me make sure I have this scenario correct... jaywalkers - en masse - persistently ignore the law, refuse to walk to ...”
- “A real estate development firm who also runs day care centers at subsidized rates...
Seems like a solution via a ...”
Won't it be lovely when we add even more of these mono-demographic, mono-use monoliths right smack dab in ...”
- “So much for 'luxury'.
Perhaps monolithic, mono-demographic real estate development is NOT the safest and most (private or public) cost-effective ...”
- “'Board members, commissioners and members of the public said they were unsure whether marijuana was addictive, what health problems it ...”
- “Trapp is in the 3rd year of his first term.
You need to fix it.”
- “I would sure like to see the evidence of doctors 'driven from the state'...
- “Theoretically, residential property owners do, 'Michael'. It's called 'property tax'. And my 20'5" city residential street (developed 65 ...”
- “The TIF district issue should NOT be on the table until the recommendations for updating the city of Columbia zoning ...”
- “Interesting, Mike. I thought it was against the rules of the Missourian to facilitate folks posting under pseudonyms...
Did you ...”
- “Wow, 'Jack Hamm', do you actually know any of these people, their accomplishments, dispositions, intelligence, capacities?
Because I have the ...”
- “While I agree with Ellis that the headline is hugely condescending, the article itself is no better. After the age ...”
- “Because nothing says 'Newark' sophistication quite like chlorinated water, convenience stores, nail jobs, and sports memorabilia.
Oh... not 'Newark', 'New ...”
- “I'm curious as to the customer's perception of care prior to the 'IV falling out'.”
- “Ugh. Where's Pogo when a little ol' gal needs him and why can't I quit humming the sound ...”
- “Below is the text sent from the CMDC to a set of email addresses that include 1)Some, but not ...”
- “Any aggrieved party can sue. If the city chooses to selectively apply its zoning code in a manner that privileges ...”
- “Today President Obama spoke of honoring our national commitment to provide a social safety net to the 'greatest' generation and ...”
- “'Rep. Vicky Hartzler, a Republican who started representing Boone County on Jan. 3 after redistricting and the November election...'
- “If Professor Burns has never been personally responsible for kidnapping, I mean 'transporting', 12 and 14 year old children, clad ...”
- “However, in some ways, Dr. Pullis' remarks are the most shocking and disturbing part of this.
"I understand the allegations ...”
So, the army, with intent, trained Abu Ghraib torturers based ...”
There's a great, great deal of coverage of Larry James' involvement ...”
- “I just vomited a little in my mouth. I'm repulsed and ashamed of MU. The kindest description one can ...”
- “Frank, dude, it goes without saying that 'mental' health is just another facet of health, and it is a basic ...”
- “As I heave an irritated sigh, roll my eyes, & yawn:
Similar claims have ...”
Some things are too nonsensical to dignify with dialogue. A civilian arms race will not result in a 'safer ...”
- “If such an atrocity against good sense were to come to pass in Missouri, which is both abhorrent and entirely ...”
- “Kahler... hhhmmm, Kahler... when I think of gun violence that's one of the first names to come to mind.”
- “Save your wishes for the families of the kiddos in Newtown.”
- “'I think I'll buy my kid a super-expensive, untested, magical-thinking car seat, so I can drink more before I ...”
- “It's useless, Elliot. They're intractable, irrational and shameless.”
- “Thank you, Dandan Zou, for meaningful, respectful, compassionate coverage of a lovely, respectful, compassionate couple - fine journalism at its most ...”
- “Abe Lincoln,P.T. Barnum, Will Rogers, et al aren't just spinning in their graves, their rolling (possibly roiling ...”
- “You are incorrect, Mr. Bearfield. She most certainly does appear - under her name, Mace.”
- “Yes, David, you are correct, sir. To illustrate using 2011 ACS data for median household income and 2011 small area ...”
- “If it's truly about manufacturing, why include the long, long list of NAICS codes that have nothing whatsoever to ...”
- “Well, that's not what the CPD said. They reported they have received thousands of calls, but rarely luck into ...”
- “"I don’t think it’ll change behavior," McDavid added. "College students are college students." (& isn't predominantly 'boys' who ...”
- “Each of the proposed stipulations for defining 'blight' heavily favor those with greater wealth, institutional resources & access to credit and ...”
- “This is an inaccurate headline. If passed, this charter amendment will facilitate & rationalize the use of eminent domain, not limit ...”
- “This was quite the exciting news story yesterday, but I do have a couple of questions. Both guns and 'narcotics ...”
- “Clinton's disbarment was wholly an act of political theater tied in with the 'impeachment' charade. Look, I have no ...”
- “Well, Mike, there is, of course, the issue that none of those things you claim actually happened...”
- “This is super cool. Why no pic or video?”
- “The headline for this story appears to assume agreement with the proponents of the amendment. Is that what the Missourian ...”
- “We need to quit pretending like there's a "new" model. There's no new model, there are different people ...”
- “There have been gay bars in CoMo since waaaayyy before 1999. SoCo is great, don't get me wrong, but ...”
- “Mr. Cathy is not a victim. He is a victimizer. There's no essay to be written.”
- “Great news for all the existing downtown businesses willing to invest in our community on a day-in/day-out basis. I ...”
- “"Cliffy, what color is the sky in your world?"
- Frasier Crane
(I consider bigots who mistake dogma for evidence ...”
- “To paraphrase the timeless pithy wisdom of one of the arguably best-drawn TV sit-com characters ever:
"Bigots, Can't live ...”
- ““jello shots were served directly off of their bare breasts.”
Guess it goes without saying that crackers were served too.”
"There is no relationship between the two budgets, historically or currently."
Some might ...”
- “Click on Mr. Geringer's name and read his previous comments, many of which are certainly (& painfully) ironic in the ...”
- “Interestingly, BCFR cancelled its board meeting tonight.
I'm sure it's unrelated to this issue and the plans of ...”
- “There are definitely buyers out there willing to invest in 308 and 218 to restore these structures and return them ...”
- “I need to make a public apology. Overnight last night, someone moved a demolition permit sign from one of the ...”
- “BCFR has added a third demo at 218 St. Joseph without explanation or notice to their neighbors. Guess they thought ...”
- “While you're at it, Laura, I'm curious to know:
* How many years the Odle's are committing to ...”
- “Hey David, What other questions were being asked? Basic demographics? employment status? skill status? disability status? household characteristics? education level ...”
- “what a very scientific survey...
were they also asking food bank users if they would accept the winning powerball ticket ...”
- “Mark, I never suggested that unrelated household members over the age of 18 would be using the free/reduced lunch ...”
- “This information is easily accessible – and quite frankly, while complicated, not that hard to understand with a little effort.
- “And, the indicator has been further vexed by the recession. There’s good historical evidence that people who normally would ...”
- “Now let’s talk for a minute about the free and reduced lunch statistic - a factoid I've heard much ...”
- “But more importantly is addressing the comments regarding poverty. Poverty certainly exists here. But it’s much more complicated to ...”
- “I read your editorial today with interest. I think it is unfair to suggest that anyone in CiViC would choose ...”
- “Phew, I'm so glad Frank posted. I was almost feeling obligated to respond to Don's entreaty. Though I ...”
- “Michael, and...
Frank, Sort of... It's more likely because it's a piece by the Republican propaganda campaign about ...”
- “Alright, while the actual editorial is not really worth dignifying with response, I must mention that to date there are ...”
- “So much good work by great folks all the way around. What a shame it would be to declare these ...”
- “How about an accounting of which commissioners voted for and against the rezoning?
Using service on P&Z as a ...”
- “What precisely are you suggesting here, Mr. Williams? Best two out of three at an egg toss, Crazy 8's ...”
- “While dancing lessons are fascinating, will the Missourian be covering the fraud conviction of the negative-ad-spewing 6th ward candidate who ...”
- “The same mistake was made on his twitter account this morning too: https://twitter.com/#!/6thWardBillT/status/184646078208016384
If he ...”
- “It's my understanding that Mr. Tillotson has left his volunteer position on the Roots N Blues N BBQ advisory ...”
- “Unemployment and poverty are criteria for designating an EEZ. Blight is also a criteria for designating an EEZ. However, unemployment ...”
- “And once an area is "blighted", there's really no reason to invest public dollars in infrastructure until a "transformational ...”
- “Okay, "Jimmy", and how will that info help the college application committees advocate for a kid who had this experience ...”
- “And just to be clear, the actual shift my son will experience from RBHS to Hickman is totally fine w ...”
- “Ray, It will affect my son "on paper" (or digitally, if you will). The initial cut of college application reviews ...”
- “"The maps the committee approved Monday differ slightly from those the public has seen."
When will a map be available ...”
- “Interesting, Ron. I read it to mean today's 9th graders can start attending Hickman in the fall of 2012 ...”
- “Kudos to the Missourian on their coverage of redistricting over the past couple of months. The reporting has been thorough ...”
- “Every description of Kahler's defense strategy needs to explicitly acknowledge that it depends on appeal to jurors' potential homophobia ...”
- “Further, while a physical description of a defendant is fairly common (the public often goes long periods between crime & trial ...”
- “Time to out the reporting that dare not speak its name (for fear of selling fewer papers... or just a ...”
- “I'd sure like to know the total cost of this operation as well as if the name was actually ...”
- “I'd sure like to know the total cost of this operation as well as if the name was actually ...”
- “Uh oh! I guess my son's political career is over already. He dressed up as female (one year as ...”
- “In the manner of the (ancient) Greeks:
- “the .4 difference between 7.7 and 7.3 would likely be well within the MOE. There's no measurable ...”
- “"Some proponents of pregnancy resource centers claim abortions can lead to infertility, breast cancer and post-abortion mental health disorders."
- “I called Assistant Superintendent, Dr. Wanda Brown on Friday afternoon to verify that RBHS counselors were referring students to the ...”
Could you please cite your sources or provide us with examples of actual Missouri K12 districts or public higher ...”
- “I think "Tracy Gravy and Rice" is the most awesome name I've ever been called! Coincidentally, gravy and rice ...”
- “Ricky, They're speed 'limits', not speed 'minimums'.”
- “Next paragraph:
'We have realized that silence in the face of evil is consent. As Edmund Burke once said, “All ...”
- “Check out Sara's theory of political action:
Here's my favorite quote:
- “Sara Dickson, self-identified 'Dittohead''s, tea party activist blog: http://dittoheadsara.posterous.com/
Please be sure to thumb through all ...”
- “Was that picture taken in Boonville?”
- “Jeff Howell, a lobbyist with the Missouri State Medical Association, is both wholly inaccurate and wholly hateful.
His statement "invit ...”
- “Never, never, never, never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER let a surgeon learn a new technique on you (this includes ...”
- “I guess Jesus wasn't referring to homeless people when he delivered the Mustard Seed parable...
- “Any men in this race between the ages of 49 and 59 or older than 59? Where's the story ...”
- “I have a flash drive or two I'd be willing to donate:)”
- “Did the City give you a receipt when you paid your tickets? If yes, then they do, in fact, 'keep ...”
- “Will staff at this hospital receive additional training on understanding the capacities of people with certain types of disabilities?
- “kitzmiller v dover,2006.
someone needs to introduce Sedalia into the 19th century.”
- “Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
1835 — 1910”
- “Any chance of posting a map image or link to a map of the proposed district?”
- “two out of three is not too bad.”
- “now a precedent has been set for defining 'blight' in downtown Columbia that is quite, quite loose and very subjective ...”
- “The 'screaming' with ALL CAPS really lends credibility to the argument. I'm persuaded. Only a rational person would rant ...”
- “If you only ask people who agree with you, if they agree with you, they'll probably agree with you ...”
- “Right on, Cantor. And, of course, those of us who have to try and manage a classroom of whom knows ...”
- “the threat, Mark, comes from the competence and sanity (or lack there of) of the person hiding his gun - regardless ...”
- “um, perhaps another grown-up or two should step in and try to help Rep. Kelly do something about this very ...”
- “I think it's really great and pretty darned amusing that the arguments of folks aged 12 and 14 are ...”
- “I'm just relieved to see institutional decency so close to our borders.”
- “hhhmmm,seems like we're well on our way to working up to the the rationalization that the only choice ...”
- “Democracy Now plays every weekday mornings at 8:00 & noon on KOPN. Someone mentioned to me this week that it ...”
- “It is imperative that wards are tied to geography and are constituted of a residential constituency. At-large council seats would ...”
- “could you please give a run-down of council votes?”
- “fabulous! you totally nailed the spirit of these dark days.”
- “oh, Jerry. We hardly knew yea.
Come on folks, enough with the Main Street, Disney World, 6-Flags over the 'District ...”