- “Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."”
- “Ida, said,"There can be a problem with determining who the bullies are. Having spent a fair amount of time ...”
- “I have an idea. Throw the bullies out of school and use the time allotted for the class to teach ...”
- “Let’s see the last time I watched Fox was during the Acorn scandal. How long ago was that? I ...”
- “Good to see I have finally flushed out the Alinsky types. Not an original thought in the bunch.
- ““If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names ...”
- “Jack, for your Military service, I honestly and sincerely thank you. Your sacrifice was no small gift to this country ...”
- “Did you get that Jack?”
- “Jack said, “They are not teaching religious indoctrination in school, ….”
In fact Jack that is exactly what they ARE doing ...”
- “Jack said, “Some role model you are for the next generation; insulting our teachers and soldiers…pathetic sad and all ...”
- “Jack said, “This is not about education, schools, teachers or students. This is about unions and you could not be ...”
- “Jack said, “Do we need to get rid of public schools? Absolutely not and even suggesting it is not only ...”
- “Jack said, “Your whole weapons argument is ridiculous. You act like this is a new thing. Switch blades were a ...”
- “Frank - keep up the good fight!”
- “Jack said, “BTW, the last 6 Americans to receive the Nobel Prize for Chemistry or Medicine went to public schools ...”
- “Jack said, “The problem with our education system is not the schools. Any school today has far more resources to ...”
- “And what of my other question regarding the lack of statistics for school violence prior to 1993, where are the ...”
- “Also, if the only problems were bulling and the fact that the offenders are children then we would see the ...”
- “Jack said, “Did you not see what was pointed out to you earlier? Children FEEL that there is more violence ...”
- “Don’t just look at one aspect Jack; after all do you think other people will not actually look at ...”
- “Jack slow down and read what I said which was” it is clear not all violence in P/G schools ...”
- “Paul, you msseid the pniot of my cmmotent. A msis seplled word is not what I was cmmoentnig on. Tinhk ...”
- “Paul said, “My goodness. I was unaware that the schools were using tents.
Maybe someone should spend more money so ...”
- “Here you go Paul.
- “Actually, Paul I went to a vocational high school, top rated in the country at the time and I had ...”
- “Also, private schools can accept any student they want, they are also free to reject or expel students for any ...”
- “I have an idea, not a new one but a good one. Let’s put public schooling, on an even ...”
- “Mark said, “What kid knows what's best for them?” You are asking the wrong question Mark, the question is ...”
- “Paul said, “Show me where I wrote that which resembles your statement.”
Paul the following is where I believe your ...”
- “This arcane system of forced indoctrination when the kids so not want to be there is absurd. Compulsory education has ...”
- “["Their parents will not be jailed for keeping them safely at home."]
“Except, in many cases when you're talking ...”
- “Paul said, “. I merely ask these questions because I believe in each case that when the whole is considered the ...”
- “If you don’t mind paying for what you don’t get just throw YOUR money down the toilet and ...”
- “Paul said, “Particularly, what would become of children being raised in a single parent household or in a house where ...”
- “Paul said, "Fred, I can tell by the way you write you were educated in a private school. Right?"
- “Also, regarding the four day week specifically I would vehemently object if the so-called educators/teachers were paid the same ...”
- “Nationally 40% of 8th graders are not proficient in math, we also come in 17th worldwide in science; face it ...”
A must see for any parent with children in school”
- “Current government schools have demonstrated a system-wide lack of ability to properly educate our children. It is time to stop ...”
- “Federal revenue in billions under Reagan: 1980 - 517, 1981 - 599, 1982 - 617, 1983 - 600, 1984 - 660, 1985 - 734, 1986 - 769 ...”
- “Apprenticeship programs would allow students not intent upon a college degree to leave the academic setting thereby freeing up classroom ...”
- “Yes, I see your point effective education would actually become affordable. Children would learn, bad teachers would be fired, and ...”
- “It is time we do away with the government school system completely. Replacing it with private schools, paid for by ...”
- “It's been fun folks but sounds like this thread is dead, see you all on another topic. :)”
- “Paul said, "Your link to the American tinker seems dysfunctional."
The links work fine Paul if you don't edit ...”
- “I personally have no objections to the use of alternative energy. However we are not going to see the replacement ...”
Oil shortages are a myth.
- “What you have not considered in your example, is how we accommodate all the additional bicycles on the road. Do ...”
- “No, I do not buy your premise that x increases every time I take a car off the road.
- “You spoke earlier about incentives. The incentives of the automobile are inherent, connivance, time management, versatility, I can drive a ...”
- “Christopher I do understand your point but I believe your missing mine.
If we were to take all personal vehicle ...”
- “Frank said, "... Fred, Mark just cannot accept the fact the "stimulus" of allowing all our people to keep a little ...”
- “Because rail is impractical to the point of being incapable in terms of doing the essential it was replaced with ...”
- “Christopher Foote said, “I think a similar argument ("Everyone in the country benefits from a good roadway system".) could be ...”
- “Paul said, "And while they are against the government subsidizing any other form of transportation, they are fairly oblivious to ...”
- “Mark in case you have not noticed income taxes are not the only taxes collected in the US. Just thought ...”
- “Derrick said "I'll point out that the $22M grant was awarded in mid-2000's, when we were *NOT* in ...”
- “Derrick said, "I've kept my income ahead of inflation, and have developed skills and acquired equipment that facilitate moonlighting ...”
- “I won’t say much about the Reagan tax policy or trickle down except it generated an enormous influx of ...”
- “Derrick said, “Fred says it's 'focused' as he stares at one tree in the middle of a forest. He ...”
- “Paul said, “Without those two problems there would not have been a deficit problem.
Really Paul, I guess the $5 ...”
- “Derrick said, “Fred: I went first last time. Like any good gentleman, I'll allow someone else to go first ...”
- “Derrick said, "H4X: Yes, I am. Please explain why looking at all taxes, instead of one or two of them ...”
- “Derrick I: drive less, go to the movies, out with my wife less, run the tires on my car longer ...”
- “"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." William F. Buckley, Jr ...”
- “Paul said, "So if you can just make a little more money you may be able to have a clear ...”
- “Paul said, “There was nothing vitriolic and especially nothing baseless about my statement.”
Actually Paul the tone of every thing ...”
I didn’t know you worked for Heritage. Oh you don’t? Maybe then you want to present some ...”
First I agree with you that taxes such as sales tax, property tax, fuel tax, sin taxes, hotel/motel ...”
- “An Unsustainable Path: According to the Congressional Budget Office, if Congress enacts Obama’s 2012 budget, interest payments on accumulated ...”
- “Derrick I suppose I agree with what you are saying if we want to use conventional wisdom for what constitutes ...”
- “Derrick Fogle said, "I stand by my statement that we were not in "hard economic times",
And there is our ...”
- “Derrick Fogle said "I'll point out that the $22M grant was awarded in mid-2000's, when we were *NOT ...”
- “To be so frivolous with money in hard economic times such as these is indeed scandalous.
I would wager that ...”
- “Greg before I forget, you said "I understand your point, Fred. Furthermore, I'm sympathetic to it - neither you nor ...”
- “Touché Greg nice literary reference and I must admit appropriate.
A yacht is a good analogy as they like trains ...”
- “What was not mentioned in the story is the increase in gas prices between the 2000 and 2010 census. This ...”
- “First Paul, yes Americans companies do drill in the US. However the land leases they have been granted are in ...”
- “Greg said, "If that were a legitimate argument, automobile drivers alone would have to pony up the money to keep ...”
- “Paul Allaire said "So then what becomes of the fuel taxes paid by the users of trains?"
Paul you're ...”
- “Christopher Foote said "Or why not apply your same metric as to whether the state should receive federal highway dollars ...”
- “And how much will I the tax payer have to pay in taxes to subsidize this ridicules project? For how ...”
- “Nathan Stephens said "But hey, whatever sells books and keeps you from irrelevancy right?"
Nathan, if you want to talk ...”
- “"Still, in a sign of fights ahead, Reid said the health care measure was "ready for some tweaking," but that ...”