Delcia Crockett's Profile
- “I am shocked at this. I was given the impression that we writers were appreciated and would be welcome to ...”
- “Micheal and Frank,
I learned a long time ago, that not only does God have a sense of humor, but ...”
- “@"I agree, but the problem goes much farther than any nativity scene."
Had the mess in front of the public ...”
- “@"No one denies you the right to express your beliefs."
When you say that I cannot mention the name "Jesus ...”
- “All I gotta say is, when we in the private sector have to "tow the mark" and be work hounds ...”
- “Mr. Rosman:
I am Mrs. Crockett. Very much the wife, mother and grandmother.
I do not "flaunt" my belief in ...”
- “I was delightfully surprised to find out that I would be paying no taxes on school supplies for children, a ...”
Thank God for states rights. :)
Some of the Judicial Branch and some of the Federal Laws can be overturned ...”
- “Two things, I have found no matter where I have lived, will grow in any soil type and even in ...”
- “@"I could site a few but the author of this article seemed to beat me to the punch."
Thank you ...”
- “#"On Monday, St. Louis’s KMOX reported that, 'Congressman Todd Akin (opened his speech by thanking) God for hearing the ...”
- “I would like to see a full investigation of the Columbia Police Department, the arrests they make, and their decisions ...”
- “Thank you for your service, Sir!
Appreciated, when we consider the outcome of what could have happened if men of ...”
- “I am considered ultra-Conservative (or so I have been lableled).
I have been labeled a Republican, too - though I vote ...”
- “#"It's unlikely the city is in any way indemnified if someone gets hurt on a city sidewalk, for whatever ...”
- “@"Delcia, I am sorry you fell and are suffering. I hope you get well soon!"
Thank you for your kindness ...”
- “@"Let us fix all the pot holes in the streets first!"
It is not an either/or, when it comes ...”
- “@"Just as if there is a icy sidewalk in front of your house or you forget to shovel your driveway ...”
- “@"...tried to quit at least four times before...average a smoker tries to quit seven times...average success rate of ...”
- “@"Other criticism was published earlier this year in the Journal of the American Medical Association. That critique raised concerns about ...”
- “@"I do like Almeta's dedication..."
I do, too. I have long admired her feelings/compassion for all humanity in ...”
- “However, when the almost-pornographic language is sneaked into the reading material, then you are doing a grave injustice to the ...”
- “@"Getting a book removed from a public school..."
Some of the same people who want to ban books, will also ...”
- “I am just throwing this in for what it is worth, in life experience.
I am a preschool teacher in ...”
- “@"Since then, Fonda Smith has been the “unofficial” caretaker of the Far West cemetery. She tries to mow an acre ...”
- “@"Searcy, an MU sophomore, is on the adventure of a lifetime: a cross-country bike ride with 82 other men that ...”
- “@" Which means there will be 1.8 Billion fewer bushels of corn available for our food supply..."
Going to ...”
- “Thoughts and prayers with the family.
Those of us who have lost someone to war, and had others we prayed ...”
- “Maybe our culture needs to just lose the age bias/prejudice/stereotype?
Ever been over 60 and work with some ...”
- “Just, people, please do not leave your broken beer bottles, discarded diapers and fast food lids and cups for the ...”
- “@"It's a big decision, but one that will protect the river for future generations,"...
One thing Columbia City Parks ...”
- “@"You'll never get families and professionals living next door to a bunch of undergrad college students - they're just ...”
- “@"Louis Schneebaum: Hush."
- “@"Let's change the city's name from Columbia to Tiger Town and be done with it."
Let's get ...”
- “@p.s. We already are a dry town...After I finished some chain saw work last night I popped open ...”
- “@John Schultz:
I went to the CPD web page, not too long ago, and there was a place for voluntter ...”
- “@"And as for our Joint Communications or 911 staffing and coverage problems, I'm wondering why we don't supplement ...”
- “@...grocery store was broken into early Friday morning...and an unknown amount of food was stolen...
No one has to ...”
- “@Karon Rowe, who owns the property that was previously Peppers Nightclub, is requesting the property be annexed and rezoned from ...”
- “@Boone County Circuit Judge Christine Carpenter also showed up. "I know what kind of things they are doing, literacy, healthier ...”
- “@"I want to keep government out of lives as much as possible,"
Frame it, please. Put it on your desk ...”
- “@"The only thing I know about that is you said you read that in the other paper on an earlier ...”
- “@"To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouting, the local council wants to build 100 troops in Columbia. The Columbia ...”
- “@"Wow, Delcia. You couldn't be more wrong on this one. The man did not do the crime for which ...”
- “Personally, I have begun to turn off the news when the PR comes on about the police and what they ...”
- “@"The Missouri Supreme Court declined to hear Ryan Ferguson’s appeal based on a jury selection policy in his 2005 ...”
- “Oh! This is wonderful!
The thing about Columbia is that it does not embrace its history enough!
Instead of statues ...”
- “Another waste of the taxpayers' money.
If this school-age child had not been out with his Daddy's car and ...”
A part of Columbia we just love.
Let us trust you are never arrested for some stupid ...”
How are you today?
Trust Mr. Dudley is getting to sleep these nights, and his family does not hurt ...”
- “I think the officers who are trustworthy might like this one changed, too. That is my experience with the great ...”
- “I hope that Mr. Dudley is able to forgive quickly and to forget this sad thing. It is not easy ...”
- “Isn't it illegal if we lie to police? What about police being deceptive to us?
How much trouble can ...”
- “@"Why not just make the downtown area a dry zone and free up the police to target all the council ...”
- “Sure, Sally, we all know that the Councilman wanted so much bad publicity that he found that underage person, made ...”
- “There you go, Mike. Manager at work!
Then there is parental responsibility, what some folks seem to lack in this ...”
- “@"LOL @ the dictionary definition of the word entrapment and your irrelevant citations. Just accept that fact that you're wrong ...”
- “@"If you follow through with your line of reasoning, the store clerk/bartender..."
Let's follow through with your line ...”
- “Road blocks catch speeders who are already breaking the law.
I think not only should the sheriff have roadblocks but ...”
- “@"the store clerk/bartender will never be guilty of breaking the law"
The police broke the law and contributed to ...”
- “@"This is not an artical about parenting..."
You borught in the mention of what parents should do, in question.
- “@"(If they're really out to get you, it's not paranoia anymore.)"
Never thought I would say this, but ...”
- “@..."because I don't want people selling to my kids. Do you?"
Simple solution: Make sure what your kids spend ...”
- “I have more precedent-set cases to cite.
Get the picture?
Some things are not up for grabs and there is ...”
- “The 1992 Supreme Court ruling in Jacobson v. United States -- that law enforcement "may not originate a criminal design, implant ...”
- “Maybe we need a new Chief, after all!
- “@ Ray Shapiro:
Aren't there plenty of people who break the law all the time, and the police must ...”
- “The above is an unbiased, stated-for-fact definition of entrapment.
The word is not thrown around lightly nor is this act ...”
- “en·trap (n-trp)
tr.v. en·trapped, en·trap·ping, en·traps
1. To catch in or as if in ...”
- “@Richard Saunders:
- “@..." I don't see you freaks complaining when Joe Schmoe gets nailed in the same sort of 'sting'."
Yes, I ...”
- “@"As far as insurance costs, if we are OK with allowing insurance to pay for diseases resulting from other bad ...”
- “@Mike Mentor:
Nope. Will start a grass root movement, if the boot happens - which is as unlikely as the proverbial ...”
- “Again, I think Mr. Dudley's charges should be dropped, a public apology made, and this manner of entrapment and ...”
- “@Mike Martin:
Mr. Dudley was not on the job when he was confronted with this; that is where his private ...”
I was speaking of the mindset, the herd mentality, the soap opera drama that everyone has to conform to ...”
- “@"The main problem with our food supply is that there's so much of it."
A few decades ago ...”
- “@Louise Schneebaum:
#1 - Mr. Dudley is also a private citizen, and Hyvee is his livelihood.
#2 - He did not commit ...”
- “@Michael Williams:
I have been a huge supporter in the past, but after a 10-year toleration of a certain situation ...”
- “@..."a minor, accompanied by a plainclothes police officer..."
There is no law on the books that says the law enforcers ...”
- “@"The Columbia Planning and Zoning Commission voted unanimously Thursday to table a request to annex and rezone the Peppers Nightclub ...”
- “@"The Columbia Planning and Zoning Commission voted unanimously Thursday to table a request to annex and rezone the Peppers Nightclub ...”
- “@"If Limbaugh belongs in, then so does Bloody Bill Anderson and Frank and Jesse James..."
The only difference between ...”
- “@"But us, the citizen of this community what do we really know about Hamoodi..."
Trust me. The FBI watches anyone ...”
- “So, when do we get the 42 additional officers and the substations in our communities that the police expertise have ...”
- “@"The publishing house prints approximately 30 works per year, but less than 10 percent of those come from UM faculty ...”
- “@"...an attempt to avoid any public disruption after Limbaugh's selection was criticized by Democrats, some women's groups and ...”
- “@"...as police stood guard to keep out any uninvited political opponents of the sometimes divisive radio show host."
- “@"Few people walking by the spot Monday morning seemed to give much attention to the change."
For the years I ...”
- “@"Columbia's Fourth of July fireworks will move downtown this year"
- “@"Johnson spoke to event attendees from the front steps of Douglass High School, because more people showed up than anticipated ...”
- “@"What I hope can happen as a result of this is that people see that Police Chief Ken Burton is ...”
- “@"Throughout the rest of the evening, informal conversation flowed. The conversation echoed a common theme: humanity."
Now, we are ...”
- “Given the track record of the public schools for decades, we don't need more money poured into education.
- “@"Soon-to-be Columbia kindergartners draw how they picture school..."
Now, this could get really, really interesting!
- “"No Children, No Pets"
I don't remember who wrote it, but it was a book my aunt's rentors ...”
- “@"Missouri seniors enjoy second Big 12 tournament title"
And, this is just Coach Haith's first year here!
- “(Continued from last post.)
And, we all know that this is not a perfect world, no matter how hard we ...”
- “@"Even if we limit ourselves to the New Testament for the sake of argument, I've yet to come across ...”
- “@"Just look at all the people who insist that the 10 Commandments are the source of our morality. Someone who ...”
- “@"Ignoring the No True Scotsman, the people you're calling "true" believers are actually people who read the Bible very ...”
- “@"Pretty convenient that apparently Christians just "ignore" atheists now, when any other time all these Christian politicians and religious leaders ...”
- “@"Since the war ended, there has been little fanfare for returning veterans aside from gatherings at airports and military bases ...”
- “@"According to the schools' nutrition services, the full price of a lunch for a middle school student is $2.40 ...”
- “@"At Wednesday’s forum, residents complained that closing the park gates had effectively closed the park to law-abiding people in ...”
- “@"Belcher said school districts must wait until the legislature approves the state budget before they fully understand what lies ahead ...”
- “@"The problem isn't that reasonable solutions can't be found, it's that competing special interests wander into the ...”
- “Congratulations, Coach Haith and Tigers.
By the way, Coach Haith, welcome to Columbia and introducing your beautiful family to us ...”
And, let's bring in the Council while we are at it- hey, Council, why not kick in on ...”
- “@"Detectives have been investigating several thefts from motor vehicles for the past several weeks and that investigation led to.."
- “Another pedestrian safety issue.”
- “Government out, vouchers in. Let the parents decide which private school to place their child in, to meet individual potential ...”
- “@Ellis said:
"When government decides to solve something, we have learned to be wary. The cure may not always be ...”
- “@"The $50 million bond would raise the debt service levy for the school district by 12 cents, up to 92 ...”
- “Either candidate appears to be a great fit for the Council. However the one, already in the neighborhood concerns and ...”
- “@"Battle...He hopes to not only teach good singing techniques to his students but also keep them entertained and interested ...”
- “@"Though John Conley became rich, he 'was always on the side of the weak,' according to the Herald. 'To the ...”
- “@"Now, under a plan to reorganize Columbia’s boards and commissions, the future of the fund as an ongoing legacy ...”
- “@"The Marine Corps continues to reaffirm its role as America's expeditionary force in readiness...If everybody could be a ...”
- “If they are there for only one night, then where do they go next?
Can you imagine, there is no ...”
- “@"Teachers told us that some children come to school not knowing how to spell their name. Some are distracted because ...”
- “Fact #1: Union dues.
Fact #2: Union supports members.
Fact #3: Union looks good for supporting members.
Fact #4: Good ...”
- “Drug crimes? Is that a oxymoron, or are drugs a crime?
Insults will get you no where.
You are still ...”
- “I see millionaire wanna-bes copy-catting this into forever.
"Hey, we can get a million dollars from the taxpayers. Let's ...”
- “The family gets a million? And who pays that to the ambulance chaser and people who sue the police? You ...”
- “The parents are home and they put the 16-year-old up to answering the door? How nice of them. (Sarcasm.)”
- “@"Ms. Crockett: Can you tell me how many caged and innocent dogs were shot by this thug squad?"
Listen closely ...”
- “I know some Columbia Police heroes, and they know who they are. I feel badly that they have been put ...”
- “@Terry Juhlin:
Thank you for your service.”
- “@Eapen Thampy:
I totally disagree with you. I know better about them. They are not only worthy of the trust ...”
- “How many of the general public are asked to give their life in regard to their job? That is one ...”
- “I think sometimes we just need to put ourselves in their place for even a second and think how hard ...”
This really does concern me that I would call an officer ...”
- “[Here are some actual quotes from the article in the other local paper...maybe this will help explain why they ...”
In the other local paper there is a story in today's edition about the police being short-staffed. You ...”
- “Photo Essay #1:
Good morning, MoJo...our household folks enjoy your photo essays tremendously in the print media version through ...”
- “(Continued to Sally):
Today was my birthday, and I was given a lovely dinner, received lots of presents and cards ...”
- “Thank you, Sally.
I have stood to them last May and then want nothing else to do with them. I ...”
- “On alert:
Plan D people who were so rude to Mr. Dudley, Please do not arrive on my private home ...”
- “"...that the permanent hearing loss will go away."
Hey, Paul, since when does preventive mean the same as permanent?
- “Here, I will do this for you before I head out of here. Have a good day!
Paul Allaire October ...”
- “@"The fact remains that there was only one person at that meeting who actually took up for Dudley's plan ...”
If I am the nurse, then who are you in the drama you are creating yet again?
For the ...”
- “@Sally Willis.
Exactly. That works in all sorts of communication, as well. Very often people who aggressively are rude on ...”
- “@"Who pays someone to degrade themselves by trolling that hard? How many years can a [wo]man shake [her] head ...”
- “I can understand why anyone would want to give notice to high shrill sounds and how those affect the hearing ...”
- “"To end Alzheimer's."
What a noble, humane and commendable goal to have and work toward. Unselfish acts such as ...”
- “@"And I suppose that if you showed up to a meeting to propose a plan to a room full of ...”
- “@"...forced to conclude..."
Your choice. Same as anyone who attended and anyone who read the article. No one is actually ...”
- “@"So then I'm guessing that either you weren't at the meeting or that you were the one person ...”
- “Rick, check your October 8, 2011 post at 3:31P.M. on this link:
- “@"That is why questioning this statement: "the amount of support he's received for his plans roughly equals the amount ...”
I don't mind if the editor removes one of my comments - or any of them - or all of ...”
- “Paul, read the article again. The reporter says it all, as to whom said what, or who did not say ...”
- “Ellis: Bet there are a lot of nice tree colors around this town.”
- “Rick, I am saying no one has to answer a question just because someone thought it up one to ask ...”
- “Ellis: I would have thought you read both the Trib and Missourian. If not, you - too- should subscribe to both ...”
- “Rick, I do know, but that is not the point. Read that article again. If someone truly wanted to know ...”
- “@Mike: People in the know, do know. If you don't then must be best that you don't. Either ...”
Our house gets both - a gift subscription from one of our very grow-up children. We hear the "thud" of ...”
- “Rick, you are a guest here. The editor has the right to pick and choose what is appropriate or not ...”
- “I don't even want to be near mean, ugly-acting selfish people who have nothing better to do than try ...”
- “@Sally Willis.
I don't to whom you are speaking when you are talking about impaired by marijuana while chasing ...”
- “To the good citizens of Columbia, a note from Crockettland:
As far as the police, you have to give them ...”
- “I won't mind being in the First Ward. Adopt us from this Ward into First Ward, and Mr. Dudley ...”
- “@"Me: Delcia; "I simply refuse to accept responsibility for something that is entirely my fault"! LMAO"
You not only enjoy ...”
- “@"If Mr. Dudley is going to say that he has as many people supporting his plans as he does that ...”
- “@"a Politician should be very careful about what he or she says to the public...."
He is Councilman and he ...”
- “@"Also, that email should be working. If not though CFJComo@gmail.com is a backup you can use."
Okay. Thanks ...”
- “@"When Mr. Dudley was asked about the constituents he had heard from who support his plan, he could not provide ...”
- “@"I suppose our form of government was obtained with 'civility and common courtesy'..."
I am of Cherokee descent. Enough said ...”
- “Soooo-ooooo-ooooo...any time you want to get your bank's name in the paper free of charge and get people ...”
- “@"I haven't heard from many who support Plan D. These questions/answers would help me understand an alternative point ...”
- “@"You must not have been at the meeting. I'm sorry to report that Mr. Dudley was doing anything BUT ...”
- “People in other wards support Mr. Dudley's voice on Council, as well. Therefore, would it not be impossible for ...”
- “Someone has to be the adult. Chances are.
- “@"Those critters can be aggravating."
Get you a cat. Cats can keep those squirrels up in those trees. Just make ...”
Same goes for the reliable officers who can be counted on for safety and well-being who protect nice people ...”
- “@:"Feel free to email me at matt@CFJComo.com."
I tried to file this on my e-mail site, but it ...”
- “@Ellis: We were recently given a bell collar for our cat, and are most appreciative - because the very good friend ...”
- “@"The majority of CFJ members are younger but as Jeremy said, we will respond to any call we can make ...”
- “Stand tall, Mr. Dudley. You got the people involved in political discussion, which is what Columbia needs - more citizens speaking ...”
- “@"BTW Thanks..."
You're welcome. I am of the belief that the good things the police do in serving the ...”
- “If, there is a camera in the "potty room," find one where there isn't. You are on your own ...”
- “@..."how well do you think you could perform as a CPO if a camera was either frequently stuck in you ...”
- “@"But I don't understand, Harold, how filming police officers would cause them to experience termination. Why would a tape ...”
- “"I think there is a larger issue at play here. What has inspired this distrust of our Police Force? Why ...”
- “@"I'm not sure what their age has to do with anything. They simply record police officers. They aren't ...”
- “All the folks in the photo appear to be in one age group. Are there other members of the group ...”
- “@"Agreed the dog is a tool for the police. It isn't supposed to be a companion animal."
I agree ...”
- “One of the nicest people I have ever seen. While working as a clerk for a well-known company in Columbia ...”
- “First time overreaction for Rob Sanders? Check the media archives of other news sources to be sure. I think you ...”
- “@"I worked hard, served in your nations military, paid taxes, kept the home in relatively good shape, conserved my money ...”
- “There are no trash children - no matter where they live. To give them that stigma is gravely in error. Any ...”
- “(I agree with M. Martin on this topic.) The below is the sidebar from the link I provided above - same ...”
- “Was just reading of some similar problems elsewhere. For example, here is one of the sources was reading:
- “Answer to question found on another local media forum. Posting here because the answer is so great/thorough. For informative ...”
- “Know the answer now. Only the governor's son name was released into media. Why is that? Should this have ...”
- “Everyone else at the party get named, too?
- “Why only "second-degree" and "in connection with"?
Is that like someone not actually selling drugs, but "associated" with drugs in ...”
- “Earthquake, then hurricane, then terrorism anniversary threats...”
- “@"Send the furners to IRAQ!!!"
Heard of Agenda 21? Know about it relevant to City government? Look it up and ...”
- “@"We don't want to put the cost of road deterioration on the average citizen," Hoppe said. "So we need ...”
- “@"...posts information, answers questions from page members and follows a communications plan that includes a topic of the day. Comments ...”
a little bit more complicated
who do/will take”
- “I, too, on a citizens' forum, where I am global moderator, posted the suspicious nature of this being an actual ...”
- “The actual source link:
- “"On August 8, officers say Klaus drove off Route E near Twin Bridges. The vehicle traveled for nearly 300 feet ...”
Please read this discussion:
"U.S. nuclear arms are an unfortunate but necessary deterrent"
Very civil and brilliant.
- “Post # 6: "We cannot always choose what anyone says to us, but we can always choose how we react."
- “@"So, we are still back to Kelly and I having the only posts on this thread....."
- “We're Southerners? I was born here, grew up here and all I have ever heard was that we are ...”
- “@"...looking, and the waters of New York Harbor, which might normally be churning from boat traffic, were quiet. "
Good the ...”
- “@"And that is probably why, up to right now you comment is the only one on this thread......."
Your comment ...”
- “Thank you.
Hope everyone is Columbia has a chance to read this.
Hope no one is caught off-guard.”
- “The phone lines were clogged so much into New York that reporters could not even get through. One of our ...”
@"After looking through medical, counseling and educational records that went as far back as Kahler’s school days and ...”
- “Being overwhelmed and in stress should have been triggers that would have alerted someone to have him evaluated and to ...”
- “And, by every child receiving a hot meal, I mean a health nutritionist menu and no charge for any child ...”
- “All these buildings, where children are in them for all these hours a day, should have central air and heat ...”
- “@"Possibly those who may have fallen off the wagon from taking their prescribed medications will get back on that wagon ...”
- “@"And I agree as is indicated in my very first post: Ryan should get a free trial."
No, another trial ...”
- “@"Some 'crocks' on this posts are just complete waste of time. Pile of junk."
But you notice them and use ...”
- “@"Yeah, I kinda understand that it does not make any sense that if some people are ignored they will go ...”
- “@"Jack and Christina Crawford usually sit in the back pews during services at other churches with their sons Patrick, 4 ...”
- “@"Mitchell said the city often informs owners in the area about code violations, telling them to remodel their properties, but ...”
- “@"She'll go away eventually."
That's funny! Thanks for the laugh!
If you do not read a post, then ...”
- “@"Many would prefer to believe that it was Nikola Tesla that brought the world out of darkness. He was also ...”
- “Someone has brought this up in a discussion, so I will place it on here, in all clarity for review ...”
- “I am one of those people who seems to have "Tell me all your troubles" stamped on my forehead for ...”
- “@Holly McGee:
Have you guys done any testing on the second floor of Ellis Library on campus? The story has ...”
- “And, I think it is wonderful that the present sports editor, who knew the man murdered, is such a compelling ...”
- “And constructive debaters, with factual points to make, call what you are doing "tossing a red herring" - which neither proves ...”
- “Well, "you grown."
It is nearly 1:30A.M. and I need to go to sleep because I got a ...”
- “Aren't the lyrics enough to give one the gist of link?
Thought you were going to be gone a ...”
- “And, in public discourse: what is one person's idiot is another person's genius.
Consider Abraham Lincoln and how ...”
- “#1 I would say to anyone in person, what I have written on here. Basically, by placing commentary on here ...”
- “@"I won't be available on August 10th and 11th; otherwise, any day is good for me."
That's nice ...”
- “@"It is about that time, isn't it Ellis? Perhaps in the next week or so? And let's not ...”
- “@"He needs a new trial with competent counsel this time."
Eight lawyers in a row weren't competent? Will 800 ...”
- “@"Also, what is the point of Delcia letting everyone know she would never make wine or drink alcoholic beverages? Every ...”
- “@"Unlike our resident expert I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about the Ferguson matter, but it seems to me ...”
- “@"Not By Power, Not by Might...."
Please try to keep up. That was years ago.
As to your not needing ...”
- “@"Your postings are probably not having the effect that you seem to think they are..."
Where in your credentials do ...”
- “@"Ryan Ferguson and his family are the ones with who've been living the REAL nightmare."
Weren't they asleep ...”
- “@I think the reason this particular case resonates with people is because it shows that anytime, any of us can ...”
- “@"In my opinion, Charles Erickson is a pathological liar. I don't know if whatever was coming out of his ...”
- “@"Just finished watching this story on Nightline and found myself very troubled by both the story and the evidence."
- “@Kellie Kotraba, Assistant News Editor, The Columbia Missourian
Thank you for your watchful eye. Rick and Ellis are just on ...”
- “@"-Ryan was smart enough not to commit a felony.
-Ignorance comes in various forms."
Did I mention your guy in ...”
- “@"Delcia please... find a new hobby. I don't know what your beef is with the Fergusons but it must ...”
- “@An old 'Ricky Proverb': 'Arguing with an intentionally ignorant person is the very essence of an exercise in futility'.....
- “@"A sworn affidavit."
youtube and the "Free him" site.
No NY Times.”
- “@"An old Polish proverb says that when a person finds they've dug themselves down into a hole the preferred ...”
- “@"At least the poor guy did get somewhat of a break....... LOL."
Go to dinner and take Ellis with you.
- “@"The story is not about the family's belief that either one or two slightly built youths attacked a hulking ...”
- “@"Hey Delcia, How about lying police?"
Well, I declare, look what your linked source turns out to be.
Got anything ...”
- “@"Score one for me; it does seem that I have gotten someone's panties in a bunch. hehehehe.
Bet hubby ...”
- “@"If it is true that Erickson was out of his mind during the first trial, Ferguson should never have been ...”
- “@"Columbia Tribune Managing Editor Jim Robertson wouldn't
>comment on the merits of the case against Ferguson.
How does he ...”
- “@"Thank you, Ricky, for starting my Friday off with a laugh. It occurs to me that things haven't changed ...”
- “@"Delcia, why don't you try attacking Prosecutor Kevin Crane for LYING rather than attaking Ryan Ferguson's family for ...”
- “@"Well the story does not seem to be lost on you, Delcia... It seems to have you talking to yourself ...”
- “@"We have to try to be understanding towards ignorant people; they don't even have a clue that they are ...”
- “@"I'll bet Delcia has an opinion about the Casey Anthony case, and that it was shaped entirely by media ...”
- “@"Such oddities include customers who request large blocks of ice to drop into their pools, which have been warm as ...”
- “Many of the many local bloggers never bring it up - no matter the numerous places they post on regular basis ...”
- “@headline: "Ryan Ferguson case stays in spotlight despite setbacks in court"
This story can stay on here for hours and ...”
- “@"Nearly a decade after the 2001 murder of Columbia Daily Tribune sports editor Kent Heitholt, his name still frequently appears ...”
- “@"Heitholt’s family has since moved away, and Kali, Kent’s daughter, said she has vowed to no longer talk ...”
- “@“'If necessary, we will go to the United States Supreme Court,'” she said.
To set what precedent?”
- “@"After now spending nearly a quarter of his life behind bars, more than a year of that in solitary confinement ...”
- “@"To date, Ryan Ferguson has gone through eight lawyers and countless appeals — and hit nearly as many dead ends."
- “@"But despite recent positive media coverage, a high-profile attorney and throngs of supporters, Ferguson remains in prison, his most recent ...”
- “@"On Thursday, Bill Ferguson was flown to New York to appear on the "Today" show Friday morning, a teaser of ...”
- “"We have set a new record high for August 2nd. 105 at about 3 pm breaks the old record of ...”
- “Our elected in the hallowed halls of Congress do this budget crisis thing to us every year.
Ceiling gets higher ...”
- “Thank you for answering the questions asked.
Some more questions that are surfacing across the country as the rate of ...”
- “Correction: The children needed the money in food and clothing, but it was placed elsewhere in a way that it ...”
- “Suggestions made in past that would indicate that children nutrition needs were/are met with food stamps: parents keep a ...”
- “@"Delcia: Yeah, Ellis noz stuff. An' he's a nice guy...or so I hear from those he pays to ...”
- “@"The correct answer is Park University, Parkville, Missouri, northwest of downtown Kansas City."
Great! Learned something new today. Now, if ...”
- “@"I am not nor was I ever a college or university professor. The closest I've come to lecturing at ...”
- “@Michael Williams July 24, 2011 | 10:10 a.m.
"Delcia: I understand Ellis's game now. Ya see, he's ...”
- “@ Williams: I do think he is a professor, or was one. Once one, always one, you think?
He is so ...”
- “My next guess would have been the Kansas City Art Institute, but the location would have been wrong for one ...”
- “@"(No more hints for now. This quiz has been posted before. Everyone flunked it.)"
Ellis gets the "Quiz of the ...”
- “@"Sounds like you were never able to have anything fun growing up. I could not imagine what it would have ...”
- “@"The Missouri university that claims the second largest number of students (after University of Missouri System) is active in on ...”
- “One possible answer to eliminate costly building repair/construction: more online education for higher ed.
- “What are the age categories of the competitors, and how are the safety guidelines enforced for those who do compete ...”
- “@"Byler Denker, 3, stretches to eat a grape from his mother's hand."
Moms have been doing this from forever ...”
- “Payment of/for incarceration?
- “I agree that parolees would have a difficult time of finding a job, in some cases. Their finances would be ...”
- “"Cruel and unusual punishment" for incarcerated to pick up their own tab for health services rendered, room and board, and ...”
far better than for some of those those who have never”
- “Pssst- train is another thread, and have spoken my piece on that. They got the train, they running it - but ...”
Folks that can state, "I have never been in jail, but I'll pay to go..."
On the other ...”
- “Thanks for the great photo essay - and thank you, most especially, for week summary of weather conditions in town, as ...”
- “Correction: can happen to offset hunger, and does”
- “@"Then don't expect other people to help support those who choose to make children they can't support."
I meant the quote as stated; that is why it is in quotes and not written verbatim. Most of ...”
- “Paul, on this of all days...please consider:
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men [women ...”
- “Something else males do not realize about females:
Some men see abortion as ...”
- “Here yo go, Paul. Get started.
Women don't need a ...”
- “Paul, please get read up to modern times.
- “If you never smoke the first cigarette, then you never have to worry about repercussions of smoking. If you never ...”
- “The government is not the answer. If/when it is stated that "government birth control has worked," then one should ...”
- “The civilized of the world moves on in the 21st century, ready or not...
- “The most time-proved, safest and most effective birth control in the world, from time immortal: male just keep his garments ...”
- “Please note that child abuse is not confined to poverty; to cite child abuse could be considered stereotyping.
Stat from ...”
- “I also find it ironic that anyone would cite abortion as a preventive of child abuse - when, in fact, abortion ...”
- “I always get a chuckle out of long lamentations that go on and on about saving a life being the ...”
- “"Time will tell."
- “If you remarry, you are not supposed to get benefits from the deceased spouse?
What about those who are dishonest ...”
- “@"According to their web site the train's first run is on July 15'th at 7pm. For the public ...”
- “Ellis,is this what you were referencing?
This is very interesting. I think I ...”
- “Ellis, though I was not alive in the Depression, I have read much about it and have been told by ...”
- “Correction: could be undermining”
- “Are there people who have never served in the military, yet get benefits under false pretenses?
An example of this ...”
- “@"When Robert Harris shows up in southeast Missouri next week with his stethoscope and tongue depressors, it will be the ...”
- “Again, unnamed heroes - just "doing their job" - our police. Thank you, officers, for all you do each day. You are ...”
- “I can see your point, JS.
After posting earlier, I thought it might look like a leap - but this was ...”
- “Correction: "I am just doing my job."
- “I have never heard the officers of the department complain about anything.
Come what may, the ones I have ever ...”
- “@"For those wondering how much money was spent on this training for SWAT, officer Jeff Forck said no money was ...”
- “Our officers:
Shirt and Pants: heavy material that looks like it might be (or similar to) polyester knit, is there ...”
- “Right on, Gretchen. Here is an addendum to your observant posting- that caught my attention elsewhere posted, just now. And ...”
- “I wonder how other prospective clients of the Dinner Train, throughout the state, will feel about this slight to the ...”
- “@"Because no one is griping about the myriad other places in this locale that are inaccessible and have been that ...”
- “@"Here's some toilet paper to clean up Frank's last post."
Now, that's funny!
Thanks for the comedic ...”
- “I put the capital H in happy just for Ellis.
Watch for future errors placed just for him to find.
- “Paul, several members of my family have already been to Iraq, and for several different times. Your turn now to ...”
- “Wasn't the same snake. Got this snake a new home, and out of sight is out of mind.
- “Just for the record, I am a frugal Conservative, so much so that I have been cited as being Ultra-Conservative ...”
- “It's kind of like people who just draw government checks and never work at anything, but just sit around ...”
- “Parable of the story: Moving your mailbox does not mean anything to snakes who care not where they lounge. Nor ...”
- “Ah, but improvement upon anything is not negative energy spent as would be in "griping" or finding fault - instead of ...”
- “The disabled should always be considered. :)
There have been comments made that, too, the dinner train could include the disabled ...”
- “Your words:
"You seem to have missed it, but 'dinner trains' excluded, most of the benefits we now enjoy were ...”
- “True. One does not find snakes in the mailbox every day.
- “When you attempt to say "everyone" is on the "Free Ryan" bandwagon, you are sadly mistaken. People don't hate ...”
- “Sad that money would be only objective of anyone in customer satisfaction/service of any enterprise. "People" people know that ...”
- “It has already failed, if it has not met the needs of all citizens fairly and with same opportunity given ...”
- “Lose the chemicals/save the water and soil:
Using fertilizers on grass lawns that are cut twice a week close ...”
- “@The train can be reserved for private events, with a maximum of 224 passengers."Since we’ve known it’s ...”
- “Meant to include DK in comment of those held in high respect.
Sorry about the omission.
Have a great day ...”
- “One of favorite features of Missourian, opening up the pages each morning to the awesome photo essays published on a ...”
- “Correction: Inadvertently misspelled Mr. Schultz's name.
I apologize for the error.
- “I did not know the full extent of the Beatboard closing until now, reading this. In the meantime this was ...”
@TODAY'S QUESTION: Should Ryan Ferguson be granted a new evidentiary hearing?
No. And, this should be laid to ...”
- “Thought-provoking article. The ideas in this article should be the focus of the meetings that request citizen participation. Speaks volumes ...”
- “A gimmick?
As in there were never any cicadas in the ice cream that would be for sale?
How would ...”
- “Thank you for publishing this.”
- “@"Fact is.....the value of an education must be recognized at an individual/family level for there to be any ...”
- “Congratulations, Mr. Belcher, for speaking up for the students, making the point that they should all be treated fairly/equally ...”
- “From article:
The overtime issue persists, in part, because it is often difficult to recruit and retain qualified employees, according ...”
- “Quote from article:
"Fifth grader Serenity Washington wanted to be an elementary school teacher before the program, but she was ...”
- “Now that we have the results of this study in, may we stop the dulling of our Einsteins, and undertake ...”
- “What a beautiful thing to do for others. Compelling article, inspiring and touching. With equally matching tremendous photograph! What faith ...”
- “Awesome lady. Great, all-inspiring speech. Wise advice. Rising above ignorant walls - built by that which would seek to destroy anyone ...”
- “Thank you, Rick.
- “Like some other voters, I research all the candidates, well ahead of time - and read all the available published comments ...”
- “Mr. Smith:
You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble, and read my comments on the other online town ...”
- “Would you please reread my post? Thank you.
I stated that lab books had pictures of Christ then pages of ...”
- “I will be voting Tuesday, and my vote is with Sara. Science classes have been addressing religion in lectures and ...”
- “This is an in-box message I got this morning from another state, that has gone through this already:
We have ...”
- “Don't they have this backwards?
Should it not be that each child is monitored, upon entering school and throughout ...”
- “Great to see this back in outside availability for Columbia! Thanks.”
- “Thanks for the information on this. How fast are we moving along on it, and how soon will we be ...”
- “Very compelling questions raised by this writer. Considering the seriousness of the topic, it would be great to see a ...”
- “Comment from article:
“It’s going to be hard times for a while — till we find a new spot,” Gerding ...”
- “When science states it is objective and does not address religion, then it should not address religion.
However, there will ...”
- “From article:
There was no immediate comment from the federal departments.
That figures. Keep after them, Senators- five ...”
- “Hurry back.
Best biscuits and gravy in town. Coffee fresh and just right, too. Place not shy about bringing the ...”
- “Thanks for this video and information contained.
Now we know (excluding time of other drivers entering/leaving parking spots and ...”
- “I don't know the answer to that one, but I do know that when we order anything from some ...”
- “Quote from article:
"Some Missouri lawmakers are backing legislation to let Missouri go around that decision by joining an agreement ...”
- “Excerpt from article:
“Our four campuses work very hard with students to help them stay in school and come to ...”
- “You're welcome.”
- “In answer to your questions:
Our household does not use a smart phone to get our news from ...”
- “From article:
“We, as disability advocates, understand that not every business can be made accessible,” Gretchen Maune, chairwoman of the ...”
- “Quote from article:
"Boessen said anyone can look through the 164-year-old telescope on clear Thursday nights when the club meets ...”
- “Quote from article:
"Consequently, the City Council has demonstrated an age-old maxim: When you fix something that ain't broke ...”
- “From article:
There were 15 programs, including both traditional and popular Chinese performances. This year’s gala featured a violin ...”
- “From story:
"Pitt's publicist, Cynthia Pett-Dante, did not respond to a phone call seeking comment on the rumors."
- “Excerpt from article:
"I hate to be the "what iffer," but I can't help wondering whether I would be ...”
- “From article:
"Scholarship programs have also taken a hit."
That is a shame.”
- “From biographical stats: these are some strong points made, showing that any one of these candidates could serve Columbia well ...”
- “He can grow up elsewhere, just as well as he could have grown up at MU. He blew his chance ...”
- “@ Comment:
"What there needs to be is a SYSTEM-WIDE rule that anyone caught perpetrating these sorts of outrages faces automatic ...”
- “He got a card that I picked out more than a month ago, just for today. I did not buy ...”
- “@"The commission is sponsoring the public hearings to give customers a chance to ask questions about the possible increase."
- “From article:
Norris’ books, including "Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith" and "The Virgin of Bennington," have appeared on The ...”
- “Excerpt from story:
MU police arrested an 18-year-old MU student in connection to the spray paint incident involving offensive words ...”
- “@Tom Warhover:
Your clarification for story context, as well the additional photographs for this informative article, give understanding ...”
- “Comment from story:
"Weimer said police are still in the early stages of investigation."
When more facts are ...”
- “Some people already consider the Forum Shopping Center close enough to downtown and the campuses, because walkers/bikers/runners can ...”
- “Nine states have no state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. The states of New ...”
- “People can already order a lot of items online if they actually want to avoid paying sales tax (and including ...”
- “The probability that workers would have more take-home pay to spend on items of necessity taxed - and that it would ...”
- “With rising obesity rates in our children a problem and the less activity to be involved in by cutting a ...”
- “"Gone with the Wind" and "To Kill a Mockingbird" next?
Cannot anyone explain to a precocious child, full of questions ...”
- “Then, that will raise three questions for parents or caregivers of the students:
1. How will this affect the families ...”
"Let's face it, there are a lot of whacky people out there with a lot of very strange ...”
- “This is an inspiring life story. Perhaps some writer can read this story and turn it into a book-length biography ...”
- “Why not rent one house, or both?
The rental income could count toward your living expenses in an efficiency apartment ...”
- “There are some really nice people in Columbia. One such person called us and asked if we would like to ...”