Flat Branch Wastewater treatment plant
February 8, 2009 | 6:06 p.m. CSTOld Flat Branch wastewater treatment plant, now Audubon Society of Columbia's Trailside Nature Center, 800 S. Stadium Blvd.: Built by the Works Progress Administration in 1939, the Flat Branch wastewater treatment plant served Columbia residents until its sewage was diverted to the new regional facility in 1983. Today, the small two-story brick building south of Stadium Boulevard near the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial at Battle Garden houses the Columbia Audubon Society's Trailside Nature Center and public restrooms.
RELATED STORIES: Take a peek at the honored properties