Wilkes Boulevard United Methodist Church
February 8, 2009 | 7:08 p.m. CSTWilkes Boulevard United Methodist Church, 702 Wilkes Blvd.: Constructed in 1917, the church was built for workers of the Hamilton-Brown Shoe Co. The church originally featured a red tile roof, which has since been replaced. Additions were made in 1944 and 1961, with the main entrance being designed by local architect John Hurst. The church is owned by Wilkes Boulevard UMC Inc.
RELATED STORIES: Take a peek at the honored properties