advertisement

Electric wires made it impossible to access a portion of house

July 10, 2012 | 7:02 p.m. CDT
Columbia Fire Department Battalion Chief James Weaver said a fire Tuesday on West Worley Street started in the back of a house. Firefighters could not access the back right portion of the house initially because live electric wires were down, causing significant danger. Columbia Water and Light had to shut off power to the house at the scene.

RELATED STORIES: Family dog dies during house fire on West Worley Street

advertisements