advertisement

Plot map shows Easley family's land

December 5, 2012 | 6:18 p.m. CST
The Easley family owned 378.67 acres in 1875, according to this plat map provided by the Missouri State Historical Society. The amount of land owned by the Easleys fluctuated over the decades, but the family always maintained a farm in the area. The map also contains other familiar family names, such as the Lenior family, which donated land for the Lenior retirement community adjacent to U.S. 63.

RELATED STORIES: Saving the land: Columbia farmer plans the future of his historic property

advertisements