MAP: Big-game-hunting ranch permits help limit spread of chronic wasting disease in deer population

September 19, 2013 | 3:45 p.m. CDT
Big-game-hunting ranch owners must obtain a permit from the Missouri Department of Conservation to hold captive deer behind a fence. These ranches give hunters a chance to shoot captive deer. The permits inform the department on the whereabouts of captive wildlife.