advertisement

Photo

October 23, 2007 | 12:00 a.m. CDT
For the School of Journalism's 50th anniversary in January 1957, a plaque inscribed with the Journalist's Creed was donated to the National Press Club in Washington. Presenting the plaque, from left to right, are Raymond Brandt, then of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch; then-MU President Elmer Ellis; then-Dean Earl F. English of the MU School of Journalism; William Lawrence, then-president of the National Press Club; Lyle C. Wilson, then-vice president of United Press International; and John Horner, former president of the National Press Club.

RELATED STORIES: MU J-School centennial lacks budget

advertisements