advertisement

Photo

Electrical short causes fire in mobile home

A fire that began with an electrical short in a clothes dryer destroyed a Columbia mobile home Wednesday. The owner of the home, Marie Crews, was able to escape safely — along with her daughter, son-in-law and dog, Piper — after being awakened by a smoke alarm.

Lightning struck home in June

Damage caused by a fire that began with an electrical short in a clothes dryer can been seen from the outside of a Columbia mobile home Wednesday. The owner's daughter, Marsha Harrison, says that the dryer was damaged in June when lightning struck the home.

Taking photos of the damage

Marsha Harrison takes photographs Wednesday of the damage caused to her mother's mobile home in Columbia after an electrical short in the clothes dryer caused a fire. No one was hurt in the blaze.

Car drives through kitchen, living room off Nifong

The property manager and staff assess the damage done to a house on West Oak Drive by Nifong Boulevard on Wednesday morning. The car ran off Nifong, passing through a field, a partition of trees and the Dennison's backyard before ending up in the family's kitchen and living room. No one was home at the time of the incident.

Car crashes through home on West Oak Drive

Chuck Dennison, right, speaks with his property manager as he stands in what remains of his kitchen. A car ran off Nifong on Wednesday morning, passing through a field, a partition of trees and the Dennison's backyard before ending up in the family's kitchen and living room on West Oak Drive. No one was home at the time of the incident.

Electrical fire destroys home

Damage caused by a fire that began with an electrical short in a clothes dryer can been seen from the outside of a Columbia mobile home on Wednesday. The owner's daughter, Marsha Harrison, said the dryer sustained damage last month after lightning struck the home.

Mobile home in Columbia destroyed by fire

A fire that began with an electrical short in a clothes dryer destroyed a Columbia mobile home Wednesday. The owner of the home, Marie Crews, was able to escape safely after being woken by a smoke alarm, as were her daughter, son-in-law and dog, Piper.

Mobile home catches fire after electrical shortage

Marsha Harrison takes photographs of the damage caused to her mother's Columbia mobile home after an electrical fire that originated in the clothes dryer on Wednesday. No one was hurt in the blaze.

White-nose syndrome threatens bats

Missouri is home to nine different species of bats, including the Indiana Bat (Myotis sodalis), which is a endangered species.

Missouri bats could be threatened by disease

Missouri is home to nine different species of bats, including the gray bat, which is an endangered species.

Bat population threatened by disease

Missouri is home to nine different species of bats including the little brown bat. White-nose syndrome is most common in these bats.

Blackburn creates student success

Neal Blackburn, a language arts teacher at Gentry Middle School, explains a task given to his sixth-grade summer school class. The students were asked to draw about the things they liked and did not like in a pictorial collage form. Blackburn explains his collage by writing what one would infer from his drawings on the Smartboard.

Sketching on a traffic box

Dennis Murphy sketches out his traffic box painting at the corner of Broadway and Hitt Street. Murphy, an illustrator, said he has worked on the project for about a week for a few hours at a time. He said it took a few months to plan the sketch. This marks the first time Murphy has painted a traffic box. Murphy won a yearly competition through Columbia's Office of Cultural Affairs to paint the box . "It's less likely to be grafittied if it's painted — and it works," Murphy said.

We love you Michael

A heart made entirely of roses for Michael Jackson at his funeral in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

MJ in the sky

Helicopters spell out Michael Jackson's initials after the memorial service in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Zach Moss's interview

A photo right before MU student Zach Moss was interviewed by MSNBC at Michael Jackson's memorial service in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Line into the MJ memorial service

A view of the line into the Staples Center for Michael Jackson's memorial service in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

VIP entrance to MJ's memorial

VIP entry into the Staples Center for Michael Jackson's memorial service where MU student Zach Moss entered.

MJ memorial

The view from MU student Zach Moss's seat at Michael Jackson's memorial service on Tuesday in Los Angeles: section 12, row 12.

MJ's microphone

A spotlight shines on a single microphone with Michael Jackson's picture behind it at his memorial service Tuesday.
advertisements