|Principal||Terry Gaines And Jake Geissman, Co-Directors|
|Address||1010 Range Line|
Field Elementary School closed its doors in December 2009 and ended a 93-year run as an elementary school. The staff and students moved to Alpha Hart Lewis Elementary in January 2010.
Columbia Public Schools Center for Gifted Education
Co-directors:Terry Gaines and Jake Geissman
The former Field Elementary School building now houses the Columbia Public Schools’ Gifted Program and Early Childhood Education classes.
According to Missourian reports, Field Elementary opened in 1916 with six classrooms, rooms for domestic science and an office. It was named after the American author Eugene Field Sr., famous for his children’s poetry and humorous essays, including the poem, "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod."