Jefferson Junior High School
|Type||Junior High School|
|Address||713 Rogers Street|
Jefferson Junior School is a sixth- through eighth-grade school located in northwest Columbia.
Year opened: 1911
Principal: Greg Caine
Address: 713 Rogers St., Columbia
Phone number: 214-3210
Colors: Red and white
Student enrollment: 826 for the 2011-12 school year.
Jefferson Junior School is a sixth- through eighth-grade school located in northwest Columbia. Jefferson’s staff is composed of 65 faculty members.
The school was founded in 1911 and was originally intended to be a high school. However, when David H. Hickman High School opened in 1927, Jefferson became a junior high school.
The technology education department at Jefferson Junior High School is notable for receiving a number of Columbia Public Schools Foundation grants, including the Carpe Diem grant and the Building Intelligent Robots grant.
- COMO YOU KNOW: Jefferson Junior High School
- Discussion at Jefferson Junior High boundary forum shifts to poverty
- Flooding, traffic concerns surround new parking lot for Jefferson Junior High School
- Last day of school through principals’ eyes
- Columbia schools allow only string sack packs to save space