Lee Elementary School
This Columbia elementary school emphasizes learning through the fine arts. It is the second-oldest school in Columbia.
Year opened: 1904, became an expressive arts in 1990.
Address: 1208 Locust St.
Principal: Karen Burger
Start time: 8:50 a.m.
Dismissal time: 3:45 p.m.
Opened in 1904 as Robert E. Lee Elementary, the school was renamed Lee Expressive Arts Elementary in 1990. The name was changed to emphasize the focus and the learning style employed by the school. The school has students from kindergarten to fifth grade.
Lee Expressive Arts Elementary School uses an interactive curriculum to encourage students to explore the arts. Students learn art, music, movement, drama, literature, and social and physical sciences through integrated classes that involve more than one subject. Students participate in hands-on projects and field trips to reinforce lessons they learn in the classroom.
- COMO YOU KNOW: Lee Expressive Arts School
- Lee Elementary, MU Museum of Art and Archaeology partner for Art After School
- EAST CAMPUS: Lee Elementary students participate at Slow Food Harvest-of-the-Month program
- Lee Elementary collaborates with The District for artistic weekend
- Lee Expressive Arts Elementary students get colorful on tie-dye day