Rock Bridge Elementary School
|Address||5151 S. Highway 163|
Rock Bridge Elementary School, named after Rock Bridge State Park located directly next to the school, enrolls students from pre-kindergarten through fifth grade. On average, there are 19 students to every classroom teacher.
Year opened: 1957
Principal: Mary Korth-Lloyd
Address: 5151 S. Highway 163
Start time: 8:50 a.m.
Dismissal time: 3:45 p.m.
Students enrolled: 563 for the 2011-12 school year.
Rock Bridge Elementary School uses a literacy rotation strategy in the classroom; students stay within their homerooms but teachers rotate to teach a component of the literacy curriculum. A fifth-grade reading club, fifth-grade choir and math, French, chess, physical fitness and mentor clubs are offered at the school.
The Rock Bridge Elementary PTA hosts an annual chicken barbecue event in October. The event usually raises more than $25,000 for the school. Every holiday season, Rock Bridge High School clubs host an “Adopt-A-Child” service program that gives toys to children in need at Rock Bridge Elementary. Rock Bridge Elementary is also home to the district’s Students with Intensive Needs class, which supports about 12 children who need special services.
- COMO YOU KNOW: Rock Bridge Elementary School
- ROCK BRIDGE: Rock Bridge Elementary chicken barbecue serves 2,000 meals
- ROCK BRIDGE: Elementary school promotes good behavior, high achievement with PBIS
- Rock Bridge Elementary 4-H Club will recycle electronics
- Rock Bridge Elementary first-graders learn about Kwanzaa