Shepard Boulevard Elementary School
|Address||2616 Shepard Boulevard|
Opened in 1968, Shepard Boulevard Elementary School was built on what used to be the Shepard Dairy Farm, which eventually lent its name to the street and the school. Its mascot is the Stallions.
Principal: JoNetta Weaver
Assistant principal: Larryelle Phillips
Address: 2616 Shepard Blvd.
Student enrollment: 549, for the 2011-12 school year.
Start time: 8:50 a.m.
Dismissal time: 3:45 p.m.
According to its website, Shepard Boulevard has adopted the model of “The Basic School” by Ernest Boyer, which emphasizes community, collaboration, curriculum and core virtues. The school is also a participant in the Leader in Me program, a national organization aimed at promoting the essential skills and characteristics children must learn in the 21st century.
Shepard Parent Teacher Association meetings are held monthly.
- Kids share what they learned at Shepard Boulevard Elementary health event
- COMO YOU KNOW: Shepard Elementary School
- SHEPARD: Parents, teachers cut ribbon on new playground equipment
- Shepard Elementary School PTSO to host Stallion Stampede
- PHOTO GALLERY: Students imagine at Shepard Elementary music, art camp