CoMo You Know
Ice and snow didn't halt the beginning of the 71st annual Pictures of the Year International competition.
Last year, the Missouri Food Bank Association collected more than 117 million pounds of food, which means more than 97 million meals.
The Columbia Mall, located on Bernadette Drive, has more than 100 stores.
The mission of the Columbia Housing Authority is to provide safe, healthy and affordable housing opportunities to low-income individuals and families.
The Columbia Cemetery was established two centuries ago in 1820.
The Columbia Audubon Society is an organization dedicated to the conservation of birds and wildlife habitats.
The Central Missouri Humane Society cares for more than 6,000 animals annually and is the largest open-door shelter in mid-Missouri.
The Food Bank for Central and Northeast Missouri distributes more than 28 million pounds of food per year.
The Columbia Fire Department is responsible for all fires within Columbia city limits.
Hillel is a Jewish student organization in Columbia. It was founded at MU in 1947 and was housed in a rented space near the campus. Today, the building is at 1107 University Ave., and the group has 700 members.
For one autumn weekend in every year since 1977, Columbia has gone back in time with its Heritage Festival and Craft Show.
The race began in 1960 and is held annually on Labor Day. It offers one of the most difficult courses in the nation.
Pagans as well as all religious groups meet at the Italian Village on the second Wednesday of every month to discuss religious events in the community or specific topics.
Chris Gervino has been a sports director at KOMU since 2000.
The master plan is part of a concept called growth management planning. Rather than allowing the city to expand willy-nilly, the commission is putting together recommendations for the Planning Department to codify into a written document.
A Boone County-based nonprofit organization with an emphasis on issues related to poverty.
Located at 10 E. Broadway, Grant is the oldest existing school building still in use in the city and serves 323 students.
Formerly the Nonmotorized Transportation Pilot Program and the Pednet Project. It is funded through a $22 million federal grant.