CoMo You Know
Timothy Wolfe will become the 23rd president of the University of Missouri System when he takes office Feb. 15, 2012.
Ridgeway Elementary School is a magnet school based on the concept of individually guided education. It draws students based on a lottery system.
Alpha Hart Lewis Elementary School opened in January 2010 to replace the outdated Field Elementary.
Russell Boulevard Elementary School opened in 1958.
Parkade Elementary School opened in 1958.
Shepard Elementary School opened in 1968 and was built on what used to be the Shepard Dairy Farm.
West Boulevard Elementary School was constructed to be a "model school" for the Columbia Public School District.
Midway Heights Elementary School opened in 1956.
John B. Lange Middle School opened in 1997 for students in grades six and seven.
New Haven Elementary School opened in 1954.
Mill Creek Elementary School opened in 1988.
Rock Bridge Elementary School was not part of the Columbia school district when it first opened in 1957.
Two Mile Prairie Elementary School is a merger of three rural Boone County schools in the 1960s.
Ann Hawkins Gentry Middle School opened in 1994.
Paxton Keeley Elementary School is named for the first woman to graduate from the MU School of Journalism.
Frederick vom Saal is known for his work studying the effects of natural and synthetic hormones on the body, specifically Bisphenol A or BPA.
The original Benton Elementary School opened in 1896. The school is named for Thomas Hart Benton, one of Missouri's first two senators.
Lee Elementary School emphasizes learning through fine arts. It changed its emphasis in 1990.
Cedar Ridge Elementary first opened in 1978 and originally was referred to as North School or New Haven North.
Derby Ridge Elementary School opened in 1991.