CoMo You Know: Education
West Boulevard Elementary School was constructed to be a "model school" for the Columbia Public School District.
Shepard Elementary School opened in 1968 and was built on what used to be the Shepard Dairy Farm.
Parkade Elementary School opened in 1958.
Russell Boulevard Elementary School opened in 1958.
Alpha Hart Lewis Elementary School opened in January 2010 to replace the outdated Field Elementary.
Ridgeway Elementary School is a magnet school based on the concept of individually guided education. It draws students based on a lottery system.
Ann Hawkins Gentry Middle School opened in 1994.
Blue Ridge Elementary School is one of the public schools in Columbia.
Grant Elementary School is the oldest existing school building still in use in the city and is designated as a local historic site.
Derby Ridge Elementary School opened in 1991.
Cedar Ridge Elementary first opened in 1978 and originally was referred to as North School or New Haven North.
Lee Elementary School emphasizes learning through fine arts. It changed its emphasis in 1990.
The original Benton Elementary School opened in 1896. The school is named for Thomas Hart Benton, one of Missouri's first two senators.
Fairview Elementary School opened in 1965.