Private lab-bred mice that carry bits of someone's specific cancer can be used to see what drugs will work best on an individual.
Senior Alexus Collins started dance when she was 6 years old. Collins, who says dancing defines who she is, plans to continue performing even after graduating from Stephens College in May.
A couple of history lovers and re-enactors created Bucksnort Trading Co. and saloon to help people step back in time to the Wild West.
First Ward Councilwoman Ginny Chadwick introduced the proposals in September, and the Board of Health has endorsed it. Convenience store owners are worried the measures will hurt their businesses.
The findings suggest that many Americans are being trapped by debt because they are confused by the notices they get from hospitals and insurance companies about the cost of treatment.
The MU 8 high protein diet study, led by assistant professor Heather Leidy, shows signs of increased satiety and better glycemic control.
Women with dense breast tissue sometimes can't be told from a mammogram if they have cancer or not. New research shows that extra testing may not be as beneficial as expected, though.
Parents enroll infants as young as 6 months in swim lessons to learn potentially life saving skills.
Around 70 people sang, recited poetry and passed around the unity cup during the festivities at Douglass High School.
The genetic mapping can find rare, hard-to-detect disorders, which could reduce the number of tests needed.
The Missourian asked six women at MU what they hoped to achieve in the final 27 days of the 2014.
Nueterra will own approximately 65 percent with MU owning the other 35 percent.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said the flu vaccine will not protect well against the most common strain.
Animal-assisted therapy uses dogs and even mini-horses to possibly quicken the healing and recovery process, according to some studies.
Missouri is one of the lowest-ranked states in access to dental care, panelists said.
Beginning next summer, the Food and Drug Administration will change the system to label drugs to better clarify which drugs are safe to take while pregnant or breastfeeding.
The idea behind mindfulness is that focusing on the present moment helps a person deal better with stress, difficult emotions and negative thoughts.
One change is that the fittest kidneys — based on donor age and medical history — will be offered first to patients who are expected to survive a transplant the longest.
The legislation sponsored by Rep. Peter Stautberg, a Cincinnati Republican, expands Ohio's current "I'm Sorry" law, which already shields apologies by doctors.
Dr. LeRoy J. and Betty Miller of Columbia celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary Nov. 26. The couple met on a blind date while attending MU.