The financial industry, that is trying desperately to avoid being held accountable to its customers received a big win after the Senate voted down the confirmation of Richard Cordray, the nominee to head the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Labor journalist Sam Pizzigati breaks down the 10 most ruthless, self-absorbed and insensitive Americans of 2011.
Part of the state government is acting like a bank, which could cause a revenue shortfall next year.
A $26 million grant has been approved by the Missouri House. But ideologues in the state Senate have vowed to block any measure that brings the state into compliance with “Obamacare.”
Let it be said that Albert Pujols leaves St. Louis owing the fans and the city nothing. The ledger is clean. He never gave less than full effort, never demanded anything from anyone that he did not demand of himself.
The tragedy of the Blagojevich prison sentence is that the problems in politics exposed by his conviction will continue.
Voters should have the opportunity to limit an incumbent's term during elections, and the proposal to extend term limits would take that power away.
The anniversary of Pearl Harbor reminds us that the United States needs to be a leader in international affairs.
The U.S. has the highest ratio of the top 1 percent income share compared to other developed countries. The decline in the income share of the other 99 percent began in the late 80s.
The courts have been weighed down with frivolous lawsuits from domestic terrorists.
Protecting more people when they are most at risk is a strong incentive for changing the program. And the ban still would be for five years.
The legislative committee in charge is "navigating the maze successfully so far," as the "prolonged economic downturn does not allow Missouri to raise employee pay in a single, sweeping move." Gov. Jay Nixon's panel-endorsed budget increase of 2 percent begins July 1.
If the "Occupy" movement has a purpose, it is expertly concealed behind a facade of adolescents acting out about a perceived unfairness in their allowance or curfew. The notion that they as "99 percenters" are victims of the wealthiest percent and, as such, deserve to share in a redistribution of property is absolute nonsense.
Lobbyists have pulled the strings of our lawmakers, at the expense of America's school children.
An experiment with public school students shows that counting blessings makes the children more optimistic and happier.
Proponents of discontinuing Missouri's income tax cite statistics that back up their claims, but when taking a closer look, the numbers speak to Missouri's relative burden-free tax system.
Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder will not be running for governor on the Republican ticket in 2012, but he is young and will have more opportunities to advance in government.
Missouri should learn from California's attempt to add a high-speed rail — a project that is nearing a price tag of nearly $100 billion — and decide against its own proposed $8 billion high-speed rail project.
With the Penn State scandal in full swing and the Occupy Wall Street movement being ridiculed, America's sense of justice is in question.
There is no clear favorite Republican candidate to win GOP nod for the upcoming 2012 election.