Missouri freshman Sydney Schaffer will be competing on beam and junior Hannah McCrary on floor in the NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championships on Friday in Fort Worth, Texas. The session the MU gymnasts will be competing in airs live on ESPN2 and can be streamed at ESPN.com, which will also have feeds for each apparatus (beam, floor).
Police were working Friday to identify a gunman and determine his motive for opening fire at a FedEx facility near the Indianapolis airport, killing eight people and taking his own life in the latest mass shooting to rock the U.S.
A report from the House Ethics Committee about allegations of abuse against Rep. Rick Roeber will be released next week.
About 1,800 vaccines are available through MU Health Care starting Thursday through Saturday.
Some lanes and sidewalks will be impacted from April 19 to 23 and others will be restricted through April 30.
The seat, safely Republican in its current form, has been held by Rep. Vicky Hartzler since 2011.
Eleven professors across the UM System were honored for their contributions to their fields.
The arson attempt took place Tuesday outside the Boone County Courthouse.
Peter Stiepleman, retiring superintendent of the Columbia Public School District, was honored Wednesday with a magnol…
Family members plead with lawmakers to give state more power to regulate youth homes.
If passed, the legislation would allow Missouri to join 28 other states in the "Daylight Saving as New Standard Time Pact."
Manring said he plans to continue strong undergraduate programs and place more emphasis on graduate and research programs.
More featured content
As Bird scooters returned to Columbia, a reporter went downtown to take a ride.
Missouri is home to more than 100 food deserts, five of which are in Columbia.
Mixed martial arts fighters Darian Weeks and Dallas Jennings have dreams to become champions. Although they fight for different reasons, both are willing to put everything on the line in order to win.
Business Spotlight: Women in Business
A special section showcasing women and the businesses they own in central Missouri. Read the stories.
- Local owner of Ozark Mountain Biscuit Co. food truck announces new restaurant
- Fayette resident reviving abandoned building for dance hall and community center
- MU Faculty Council raises concerns about new campus parking rates
- Brooks announces transfer from Missouri football
- Hold on to your giant Snoopy: Marching Mizzou is heading to the Macy's parade
- How Columbia's trash collection system measures up to other Missouri cities
- Ashland settles lawsuit with former police chief Woolford
- Chicago-cultured: Gordon's hard-nosed mentality fits in with new home
- $200,000 worth of damage in early Tuesday morning fire in southwest Columbia
- Voices of Fayette: ‘I love this town’
- Missouri track and field soars at Tom Botts Invitational
- Stiepleman honored with kindness tree
- Missouri softball takes first game of series over LSU
- Missouri softball falls to LSU in series final
- Missouri track and field hosts invitational
- Columbia College victorious in AMC semifinal
- Missouri baseball falls to Missouri State
- Columbia College falls to Missouri Baptist in second double header game
- Cougars defeat Coyotes, move up in NAIA championship
Subscribers can view cartoonist John Darkow's latest cartoons.