Experts fear Thanksgiving gatherings will become a superspreader events; many Columbia residents are staying home.
Boone County COVID-19 cases by day
The layered bar/line chart shows the daily change in newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Boone County and a 14-day rolling average of the changes in new cases to show trends over time. The data is from The New York Times and based on the state's reports. Recent changes and errors in the state's reports have impacted the reporting in the chart.
Eligible businesses must have 49 or fewer employees, and the majority of their ownership must live in Boone County.
Plans call for a new facility to house family members of patients being treated at Truman Memorial Veterans' Hospital.
The Columbia School Board is hosting the virtual event next Wednesday evening.
The organization raised more than $2.1 million that will be spread across charities in nine counties.
Volunteers gathered at the Knights of Columbus headquarters on Wednesday to prepare turkeys for frying at tomorrow's …
Peggy Jean’s Pies had its second day of pie pickups Wednesday in Columbia. The shop saw massive batches of orders com…
Residents are invited to drive through the corporate campus to enjoy the annual ceremony.
The Parkside Drive site near Cosmo Park needs maintenance/
A wave of swindles prompts a warning from law enforcement.
Masks will be required countywide starting Wednesday through at least Dec. 8.
More featured content
COVID-19 restrictions have prompted MU clubs to find new ways to connect and serve.
Instead of making Pilgrim hats, students are hearing what scholars call “hard history” — the more shameful aspects of the past.
With a victory for the Crusaders and a loss for the Spartans, our visual journalists present ‘Friday Night Sights’ — the magic and wonder of Friday night football.
Progress Awards 2019
- Delta Sigma Phi closed on the MU campus by national organization
- Sugarfire will sell food in Columbia at Saturday pop-up
- Beloved music professor leaves legacy at MU and beyond
- Field hospital considered as virus surges in Missouri
- Planning and Zoning approves request to annex 19 acres in North Columbia
- Boone County reports 24th COVID-19 death, first MU students hospitalized
- Michael Budds leaves musical legacy at MU, beyond
- Columbia School Board discusses low grades, COVID-19 response
- Boone County Commission passes countywide mask ordinance
- Former UM president donates $2 million for NextGen center at UMKC
Subscribers can view cartoonist John Darkow's latest cartoons.