"I felt like I was in a horror movie," said one Indiana University student of her time in quarantine.
Boone County COVID-19 cases by day
The layered bar/line chart shows the daily change in newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Boone County and a 14-day rolling average of the changes in new cases to show trends over time. The data is from The New York Times and based on the state's reports. Recent changes and errors in the state's reports have impacted the reporting in the chart.
“That’s a horrible dashboard,” said a health expert about one school's site. “Why would they have such limited information?”
The MU Research Reactor Center will provide material to a pharmaceutical company to manufacture a new cancer therapy.
Lawmakers also debated the equity of the distribution of A+ Scholarship money.
The scholarships are controversial because opponents worry the they will result in lost revenue for public schools.
Fretboard Coffee said someone pretending to be a police officer convinced an employee to put cash on a Visa gift card.
Limits would also be placed on who could testify against such facilities in court.
Starting Wednesday, the center will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday.
Legislature looks to quickly distribute funds from federal COVID relief package
The new site was waiting for more supply to start widespread vaccinations.
The grill at South Florida Style Chicken & Ribs had its tank removed and pipes bent.
Officers who shot and killed a man in Jefferson City earlier this month will not face charges.
The library will be using the grant for more self-checkout machines at its Ashland, Fulton and Holts Summit locations.
More featured content
“When you’re around 49 other dudes every day, ... obviously it’s gonna spread pretty quickly in the house.”
Bringing students back for in-person required significant changes and a nimble response for institutions entrenched in long-standing policies and procedures.
Plans for the park include a lake, outdoor movie theater, event center, golf and more.
- Silverball owner plans for outdoor movie theater, event center near airport
- Missouri senator who said risking COVID-19 is ‘my choice’ now sick
- Two bars, one restaurant cited for COVID-19 health order violations
- Columbia restaurant's grill damaged
- Haley not returning to Missouri football's staff
- COVID on Campus: Containing hot spots a difficult challenge
- Former NFL coach Steve Wilks hired as Missouri defensive coordinator
- COVID on Campus: Unprecedented challenges, mixed results
- Boone County Public Health, BHC and MU Health Care release joint statement on vaccine availability
- State troopers remove three vehicles from Missouri River
- PHOTO GALLERY: Socially distanced encounters of the third kind
- PHOTO GALLERY: Oakland Eagles topple Gentry Jaguars in season finale
- PHOTO GALLERY: Tolton overpowered by Helias
- PHOTO GALLERY: Unbound Book Festival goes virtual
- PHOTO GALLERY: Battle girls basketball falls to Rolla
- PHOTO GALLERY: MU wrestling takes down Ohio and Northern Illinois
- PHOTO GALLERY: Southern Boone girls honored with senior night win over Eldon
- PHOTO GALLERY: Tigers lose to Aggies by a narrow margin
- PHOTO GALLERY: Hickman ekes out win over Helias
- PHOTO GALLERY: Cougars crush Stars 58-48
Subscribers can view cartoonist John Darkow's latest cartoons.