The Missourian reviewed campaign finances from the Oct. 15 quarterly reports for local candidates.
Boone County COVID-19 cases by day
The layered bar/line chart shows the daily change in newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Boone County and a 14-day rolling average of the changes in new cases to show trends over time. The data is from The New York Times and based on the state's reports. Recent changes and errors in the state's reports have impacted the reporting in the chart.
Caleb Rowden has outpaced Judy Baker by more than two-to-one in fundraising to their state campaign committees.
Reports filed with the Missouri Ethics Commission detail the finances of those seeking two of the county's top jobs.
Donors cite policies, promises as reasons to contribute to candidates.
The incumbents in each position face election challenges for four-year term.
Parson’s administration did drop 96,989 children from Medicaid, according to the Missouri Department of Social Services.
The health risks of COVID-19 and the uncertainty of the immunity render herd immunity infeasible until there is a vaccine.
The Hope Initiative, announced Tuesday, aims to end sex trafficking by targeting illicit massage businesses.
Parson visited a state building a week prior to his COVID-19 diagnosis, despite being warned about an outbreak among workers.
The dispensary served about 500 customers in before it sold out.
Board members discussed the reasons behind their Oct. 12 votes and their concerns about the community's negative responses.
More featured content
The Boone County Fire Protection District was attempting to put out a fire in the bur oak tree in McBaine after a lightning strike Friday morning.
On Wednesday, a public drive-by memorial was held so people who knew her could finally pay their respects.
Aaron Templemire, farmer and researcher, grows African wine kettle gourds to become homes for finicky purple martin birds.
A special section showcasing the diversity of business ownership in mid-Missouri. Read more stories.
- Choi faces faculty questions on racism at MU, promotion and tenure
- Green Meadows rezoning, panned by planning commission, goes to City Council on Monday
- Historic bur oak tree struck by lightning during Friday morning storms
- CPS parents band to promote in-seat learning for middle, high schools
- Holiday Inn Executive Center transfers leadership after 35 years
- Amendment 3 would undo 'Clean Missouri' redistricting changes
- From seed to birdhouse: Growing gourds to shelter purple martins
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run accident Sunday on Paris Road
- VOTERS GUIDE: Everything you need to know to vote in the November 2020 election
- UPDATE: Columbia schools superintendent to retire in June
- PHOTO GALLERY: Lightning strikes bur oak tree, creating smoke in the trunk
- PHOTO GALLERY: Band of boxers looks to reduce community violence
- PHOTO GALLERY: Gourd-geous!
- PHOTO GALLERY: Pandemics, politics and ... pumpkins
- PHOTO GALLERY: Columbia College takes down Harris-Stowe State University
- PHOTO GALLERY: Hickman shuts out Helias Catholic
- PHOTO GALLERY: Tolton softball clinches district championship
- PHOTO GALLERY: CPS invites elementary students back to school
- PHOTO GALLERY: Lightning suspends Bruins soccer match at a tie
Subscribers can view cartoonist John Darkow's latest cartoons.