The congregation was founded in 1880 when Columbia’s black residents who had belonged to the Methodist Episcopal Church, North, decided to form their own church. The current church building was dedicated April 17, 1892, and cost $10,000.
The church continues to serve its active congregation.
The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Address: 501 Park Ave., Columbia
LINKS AND SOURCES
Columbia Missourian stylebook