The Health Department announced Wednesday that it would take applications for people to become "Vaccine Ambassadors."
Boone County COVID-19 cases by day
The layered bar/line chart shows the daily change in newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Boone County and a 14-day rolling average of the changes in new cases to show trends over time. The data is from The New York Times and based on the state's reports. Recent changes and errors in the state's reports have impacted the reporting in the chart.
The program is intended to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations and boost the state's low percentage rate.
Boone Hospital Center patients will only be allowed one visitor a day.
MU Health Care received over 20 COVID-19 patients from the Springfield and Branson area.
Springfield asks state officials for site to help handle a surge of COVID-19 patientrs.
Amid Delta variant concerns, daily cases were over 100 multiple times this week.
The study will enroll 500 people who have either have received a COVID-19 vaccination or who plan to become vaccinated soon.
Adult patients not diagnosed with COVID-19 at MU Health Care facilities will only be allowed to have one visitor per day.
Rising COVID-19 rates in other states have prompted Chicago to restart a travel order.
The U.S. has seen a string of COVID-19 outbreaks tied to summer camps, offering what some fear could be a preview of the upcoming school year.
Around the U.S. and the world
Subscribe to our evening newsletter for the latest news updates on your community.
According to the World Health Organization, a coronavirus is a large family of viruses that may cause illness in humans or animals.
COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, is the most recently discovered virus of this kind.
- Overflow patients from Springfield start coming to Boone hospitals
- Boone County enlists the help of community members to push vaccines
- Boone Health changing visitor policy Thursday
- COVID-19 case numbers reach levels not seen since January
- UPDATE: MU researchers looking for volunteers for COVID-19 vaccine study
- Mo. hospital officials warn that COVID-19 could make this winter worse than the last
- Missouri mayor who required masks faces recall vote
- MU Health Care to implement visitor restrictions as COVID cases rise
- Ventilator shortage as Missouri virus hospitalizations spike