Local governments enforcement power was little used, and state fines haven't deterred multiple offenders.
"Taps Across America" invited individuals nationwide to play taps in honor of Memorial Day.
The unofficial start of summer kicked off with Boone County under stricter social distancing and other precautions to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
State health director has issued a warning after photos, video showed Memorial Day weekend revelers partying close together.
The pool at Columbia's Activity and Recreation Center became the first to open Wednesday.
One video posted on social media shows a crammed pool where people lounged close together without masks.
The local coffee shop posted on Facebook asking for help. The next day there was a line outside the door.
Education resources, economic development and COVID-19 testing were among several funding concerns.
Curbside residential recycling pickup will pause this week after several city solid waste workers were exposed to COVID-19.
A Springfield hairstylist served 84 clients over eight days while experiencing symptoms of coronavirus, health officials say.
Around the U.S. and the world
NEW YORK (AP) — New York's Hudson Valley and the suburbs north of New York City eased restrictions intended to stop t…
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress is at a crossroads in the coronavirus crisis, wrestling over whether to “go big,” as House…
The outbreak of the coronavirus has dealt a shock to the global economy with unprecedented speed. Following are devel…
ELK RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's husband urged a business to get his boat in the water in ti…
As Brazil and India struggle with surging coronavirus cases, a top health expert is warning that the world is still s…
NEW YORK (AP) — Between technical glitches and food worries, retail therapy and sheer amnesia, something has happened…
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Embarrassing to admit but oddly comforting: My ex-husband’s husband and I share a slight crush o…
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — When Martha Kebede’s adult sons immigrated from Ethiopia and reunited with her in South Dako…
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Rabbi Shalom Rubanowitz looks forward to reopening his synagogue doors — if his congregation can b…
BALTIMORE (AP) — President Donald Trump honored America’s war dead in back-to-back Memorial Day appearances colored b…
There is a lot of news about the novel human coronavirus-19. We are rounding up the latest in an email newsletter. Subscribe today.
According to the World Health Organization, a coronavirus is a large family of viruses that may cause illness in humans or animals.
COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, is the most recently discovered virus of this kind.
The Missourian ha recolectado las respuestas a unas preguntas frecuentes sobre la pandemia en Columbia.
Tell us about your senior so we can feature them online and in print.
- State health department to run COVID-19 testing event at Hickman High School
- No recycling pickup next week after waste employees exposed to COVID-19
- MU lays off 17, furloughs 154 as campus slowly reopens this week
- UM System facing class action lawsuit over lack of refund
- Tuition increase, more cuts and layoffs expected as UM grapples with COVID
- State officials make recommendations for CARES Act federal aid
- Could MU cut sports?: Assessing the financial fantasies, realities of COVID-impacted budgets
- Columbia trumpeter joins national remembrance with powerful taps
- Memorial Day mix: packed stores, pool sides, quiet home gatherings, virtual celebrations
- Despite struggles, Love Coffee receives outpouring of support from community