The FDA approved the interchangeability of vaccine boosters in an announcement Wednesday.
Boone County COVID-19 cases by day
The layered bar/line chart shows the daily change in newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Boone County and a 14-day rolling average of the changes in new cases to show trends over time. The data is from The New York Times and based on the state's reports. Recent changes and errors in the state's reports have impacted the reporting in the chart.
The group views the decision to let the mask mandate expire as "the latest in a long series of anti-graduate worker actions."
A clerical error in logging counties with vaccination records has caused records to overwrite, leading to a decreasing count.
MU is recommending but not requiring students, faculty and staff to wear masks indoors as of Saturday.
The mask mandate at MU could expire Friday if there isn't a vote on the matter before then.
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education announced new guidelines called “test to stay.”
The district's elementary schools are using lessons to help children develop skills to interact with their classmates.
These calls will not change policy, unless approved by the MU Board of Curators.
Daily vaccination numbers show a decrease due to deduplicating records and other possible counting errors.
A vaccine that prevents COVID-19 in children would be a "key tool" to help end the pandemic, researchers said.
Around the U.S. and the world
Subscribe to our evening newsletter for the latest news updates on your community.
According to the World Health Organization, a coronavirus is a large family of viruses that may cause illness in humans or animals.
COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, is the most recently discovered virus of this kind.
- MU students, faculty concerned by decision to end COVID mask mandate
- State says glitch with vaccination data reason for decreases in county rates
- Local pharmacies offer booster shots after state health department approval
- State changes school guidelines for exposure to COVID-19
- MU professor discovers delta variant in his own body
- Where Boone County put its CARES COVID-19 relief funding
- Nine additional COVID-19 deaths reported in Boone County
- Turnout low for walk-in job fair as employers struggle with labor shortage
- State health department extends monoclonal antibody treatment contract