The plan will bring 760 additional nurses and others to Missouri's hospitals through the end of February.
Boone County COVID-19 cases by day
The layered bar/line chart shows the daily change in newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Boone County and a 14-day rolling average of the changes in new cases to show trends over time. The data is from The New York Times and based on the state's reports. Recent changes and errors in the state's reports have impacted the reporting in the chart.
Gov. Parson said the schools eligible for the pilot program are from St. Charles County, St. Louis County and Greene County.
The Health Department announced the death on Twitter on Thursday morning. The individual was aged between 70-74.
Participants highlighted the importance of adhering to scientific guidelines and data as the best steps for the district.
The governor initially called for the legislation, then abruptly removed it from the agenda for the special session.
The bill allocates $1.3 billion of primarily federal CARES Act funds.
Several Republican lawmakers proposed a bill to require statewide approval of local shutdown orders during emergencies.
The bill would allow the state to use federal funds from the CARES Act.
The Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services Department reported the second COVID-19 death in two days.
The Health Department is asking some people with COVID-19, themselves, to notify close contacts.
Around the U.S. and the world
Subscribe to our evening newsletter for the latest news updates on your community.
According to the World Health Organization, a coronavirus is a large family of viruses that may cause illness in humans or animals.
COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, is the most recently discovered virus of this kind.
- U.S. colleges rethink next semester due to COVID-19 rise
- Legislation would curb local control over COVID-19 response
- Boone County reports 27th COVID-19-related death
- Boone County loses 28th resident to COVID-19
- Boone County Commission passes countywide mask ordinance
- COVID-19 claims two more lives in Boone County
- Boone County reports 24th COVID-19 death, first MU students hospitalized
- City will distribute Boone County CARES money to businesses
- Fauci: US may see 'surge upon surge' of virus in weeks ahead
- Boone County COVID-19 death toll reaches 30, hits new single-day case high