The people who died were both in the 80+ age group.
Boone County COVID-19 cases by day
The layered bar/line chart shows the daily change in newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Boone County and a 14-day rolling average of the changes in new cases to show trends over time. The data is from The New York Times and based on the state's reports. Recent changes and errors in the state's reports have impacted the reporting in the chart.
Since the start of the pandemic, 8,821 people throughout Missouri have died as a result of COVID-19 according to the state's public health dashboard.
Effective Monday, University Hospital, MOI and Women's and Children's Hospital patients may have two visitors.
The clinic will take place from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday in the school gymnasium.
Eleven tax-related amendments were added to a Senate bill by the House Wednesday, setting up a showdown over what to keep.
Gov. Mike Parson said it's time to "take this step towards normalcy."
The bill is one of Gov. Mike Parson's priorities for the year but has run into opposition in the House and Senate.
The three grocery destinations have expanded their services to allow walk-in appointments.
Boone County leads the state in percent of population vaccinated.
The regulations include limiting local health officials' authority and barring public agencies from requiring vaccinations.
Around the U.S. and the world
Subscribe to our evening newsletter for the latest news updates on your community.
According to the World Health Organization, a coronavirus is a large family of viruses that may cause illness in humans or animals.
COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, is the most recently discovered virus of this kind.
- City and county health order to expire next week with no extension
- Boone County records one COVID-19 death Friday, nine statewide in past week
- Parson orders all state employees to return to in-person work
- MU Health Care relaxes visitor restrictions
- Walmart, Sam's Club, Gerbes now offering walk-in vaccinations
- COVID's US toll projected to drop sharply by the end of July
- Vaccination rates vary widely across Missouri and Kansas
- Boone Country records two more COVID-19 deaths Monday
- Boone County extends current health order through May
- Local health providers to hold vaccine clinic at Derby Ridge Elementary