COLUMBIA — The Columbia Fire Department quickly extinguished a duplex fire in northeast Columbia early Friday morning.
Seven vehicles arrived at 2618 Quail Drive by 3:13 a.m., three minutes after being dispatched. Upon arriving, firefighters saw fire coming from the back of the duplex, according to a Columbia Fire Department news release.
Assistant Fire Chief Brad Fraizer said there were no injuries or deaths in the fire, which took responders roughly five minutes to extinguish.
The cause was unattended cooking, according to Assistant Fire Marshal Mike Bauer's investigation. Those in the duplex were alerted to the fire by smoke alarms, according to the news release.
Damage was estimated to be $1,500, according to the news release.
The Red Cross had been notified of the fire, but Fraizer could not confirm if the residents were displaced.
Supervising editor is Shane Sanderson.