Gordon Lee Evans, 61, longtime resident of Fulton and more recently of Columbia, died Aug. 25. Friends and family will be received from 11 a.m. to noon Aug. 29 at Second Christian Church in Fulton. A Homegoing Celebration will immediately follow at the church. Internment will take place at Southside Cemetery in Fulton after the service.
Molly Hart is an assistant city editor at the Missourian. She has previously reported on state government. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Types of obituaries
The Missourian publishes two types of obituaries free of charge: family obituaries and life stories.
A family obituary is the version submitted by a funeral home or family. Family obituaries
A life story is a closer look at a person's life and involves a reporter contacting family and friends. Life stories.
Family Submitted Obituaries
- Ruth Ann Rice, Feb. 14, 1944 — Oct. 19, 2020
- Bonnie Lee Bullard, April 30, 1938 — Oct. 20, 2020
- Paul Dean McConnell, May 30, 1947 — Oct. 18, 2020
- Hollen 'Ronnie' Ronimous, Aug. 3, 1925 — Oct. 18, 2020
- Carolyn Phillips Oliver, April 30, 1935 — Sept. 29, 2020
- Margaret A. Peabody, Sept. 27, 1919 — Oct. 17, 2020
- John "Denny" Newland, April 19, 1961 — Oct. 12, 2020