John L. Williams, 72, of Columbia, died Nov. 29, 2020. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at Parker-Millard Funeral Service, 12 E. Ash St. Services will immediately follow at the funeral home.
Molly Hart is an assistant city editor at the Missourian. She has previously reported on state government. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of obituaries
The Missourian publishes two types of obituaries — family obituaries and life stories.
A family obituary is the version submitted by a funeral home or family. Please see the submission form for details on cost and deadlines. Family obituaries
A life story is a closer look at a person's life and involves a reporter contacting family and friends. Life stories are based on newsworthiness and consent of the family. Life stories.
Family Submitted Obituaries
- Florence Wilson, March 11, 1942 - Jan. 7, 2021
- Patricia Nelson, Aug. 29, 1940 — Jan. 7, 2021
- Sharon Margaret Creamer, Oct. 17, 1940 — Jan. 12, 2021
- Vaneta Moran, March 17, 1924 — Jan. 7, 2021
- Charles Warren O'Dell, Aug. 19, 1932 — Jan. 10, 2021
- William Maurice Donnell Sr., Aug. 4, 1936 — Jan. 5, 2021
- Dennis Whitesides, Sept. 29, 1956 — Jan. 6, 2020