Editorial cartoon by John Darkow
About the opinion page
The Missourian’s Opinion section is a public forum for the discussion of ideas. The views presented in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Missourian or the University of Missouri. If you would like to contribute to the Opinion page with a response or an original topic of your own, visit our submission form.
Types of Submissions
Letters to the editor are limited to 250 words and must be signed by the author. Submissions are limited to two per month by a single author.
Guest commentaries are longer pieces, up to 700 words, and must be signed by the author.
All submissions must meet the editorial standards of the Columbia Missourian and will be verified for accuracy.
- Hickman rallies then holds on to top Battle in district semi
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine distribution in mid-Mo. starts Wednesday
- Jevon Porter shines as Tolton advances to district finals
- Columbia College men's basketball defeated by Central Baptist in AMC final
- Columbia College men's soccer defeats No. 17 Saint Louis in historic win
- Addison Potts committed to Missouri in eighth grade. Where is she now?
- 'The big tree' gets some TLC at Saturday event
- Missouri moving to next vaccination group March 15
- Bill would protect medical marijuana recipients' anonymity ... and Second Amendment rights
- City removes curfew on restaurants, bars; increases caps on gatherings
- A 1913 ruling on gum dispenser could be key to Mo. illegal gambling cases
- Long-running East Campus lawsuit set for Monday hearing
- Fayette teen killed in accidental shooting
- Parson appoints Columbia man to state Mental Health Commission
- MU gets verbal commitment from four-star QB Horn for football, baseball
- Volunteers unite to clean Hallsville roller rink
- Missouri women’s basketball falls to the Tennessee Lady Volunteers
- First day of March brings warm weather to Columbia
- Warmer weather arrives in Columbia
- Columbia College lacrosse faces-off against Madonna
- Rock Bridge beats Hickman in district play
- Missouri baseball wins home opener, first of four against Nebraska-Omaha
- MU football kicks off spring training
- Tigers split doubleheader against Mavericks
- Missouri loses series finale against Omaha