Editorial cartoon by John Darkow
About the opinion page
The Missourian’s Opinion section is a public forum for the discussion of ideas. The views presented in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Missourian or the University of Missouri. If you would like to contribute to the Opinion page with a response or an original topic of your own, visit our submission form.
Types of Submissions
Letters to the editor are limited to 250 words and must be signed by the author. Submissions are limited to two per month by a single author.
Guest commentaries are longer pieces, up to 700 words, and must be signed by the author.
All submissions must meet the editorial standards of the Columbia Missourian and will be verified for accuracy.
- State AG goes after Moberly School District for banning parent recordings
- Basye calls for resignation of CPS superintendent, citing ignored parents
- Hickman uses 'homecoming royalty' to be more inclusive
- Device regulating oxygen in premature infants goes to clinical trials
- Columbia Farmers Market named No. 1 farmers market nationwide
- Moberly School District responds to AG letter, saying policy does comply with law
- Missouri physicians worried about rise in severe complications among COVID-19 positive pregnant women
- Roots N Blues shuttle delays causing upset in attendees
- Missouri River Relief: 20 years pulling tons of trash out of the Big Muddy
- Missouri battles but still broken on D in OT loss at BC