Editorial cartoon by John Darkow
About the opinion page
The Missourian’s Opinion section is a public forum for the discussion of ideas. The views presented in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Missourian or the University of Missouri. If you would like to contribute to the Opinion page with a response or an original topic of your own, visit our submission form.
Types of Submissions
Letters to the editor are limited to 250 words and must be signed by the author. Submissions are limited to two per month by a single author.
Guest commentaries are longer pieces, up to 700 words, and must be signed by the author.
All submissions must meet the editorial standards of the Columbia Missourian and will be verified for accuracy.
- Cause of MU student Joseph Pedrotti's death was 'shallow water blackout'
- All Missouri adults to be eligible for vaccines in Phase 3 starting Friday
- Fayette resident reviving abandoned building for dance hall and community center
- Alpha Hart principal, former MU RB Moore on deck to become next CPS assistant superintendent
- City shifts gears on parking enforcement downtown
- Local owner of Ozark Mountain Biscuit Co. food truck announces new restaurant
- MU Faculty Council raises concerns about new campus parking rates
- First-time candidates Sasser, Snodgrass win seats on the CPS board
- Hold on to your giant Snoopy: Marching Mizzou is heading to the Macy's parade
- Residents protest trash policy, City Council discusses wages and more
- Downpour puts a damper on local businesses
- Columbia College defeats Lyon College in near shutout
- Missouri softball takes first game of series over LSU
- Missouri track and field hosts invitational
- Cougars trounce Scots in AMC quarterfinal
- Missouri track and field soars at Tom Botts Invitational
- Missouri softball falls to LSU in series final