Editorial cartoon by John Darkow.
About the opinion page
The Missourian’s Opinion section is a public forum for the discussion of ideas. The views presented in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Missourian or the University of Missouri. If you would like to contribute to the Opinion page with a response or an original topic of your own, visit our submission form.
Types of Submissions
Letters to the editor are limited to 250 words and must be signed by the author. Submissions are limited to two per month by a single author.
Guest commentaries are longer pieces, up to 700 words, and must be signed by the author.
All submissions must meet the editorial standards of the Columbia Missourian and will be verified for accuracy.
- Columbia restaurants offering Thanksgiving meals
- Risk it all: Parker Jr.'s dramatic catch topples Gators, seals bowl eligibility
- Looming deadline leaves Missouri at risk of losing $2 billion in federal education funding
- 'Never wavered': Wilks pleased with turnaround on defense
- Columbia man involved in two accidents, seriously injured
- 'Like winning the lottery': Columbia native delights in big plans for space telescope
- Police seize 190 catalytic converters, 67 weapons in search
- Two detained after shooting at Old Hwy 63 leaves one wounded
- Tech company goes on shopping spree for Missouri community newspapers
- Little progress seen for Burrell Health walk-in facility
- Missouri women's basketball remains undefeated after win against Troy
- Columbia College bumped from NAIA National Championship Tournament
- Missouri women's basketball cruises to win against Idaho State
- Columbia College mens soccer kicks off NAIA National Championship with win
- Missouri men's basketball falls to Wichita State