Editorial cartoon by John Darkow.
About the opinion page
The Missourian’s Opinion section is a public forum for the discussion of ideas. The views presented in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Missourian or the University of Missouri. If you would like to contribute to the Opinion page with a response or an original topic of your own, visit our submission form.
Types of Submissions
Letters to the editor are limited to 250 words and must be signed by the author. Submissions are limited to two per month by a single author.
Guest commentaries are longer pieces, up to 700 words, and must be signed by the author.
All submissions must meet the editorial standards of the Columbia Missourian and will be verified for accuracy.
- Buchnevich, Barbashev score twice as Blues beat Columbus 6-3
- Rock Bridge girl's basketball gets victory against St. Joseph's
- MU volleyball swept in season finale
- Early 3-point barrage leads to Missouri women's basketball victory
- Despite lower jobless numbers, Missouri looks to outsource unemployment call center
- Columbia restaurants offering Thanksgiving meals
- Looming deadline leaves Missouri at risk of losing $2 billion in federal education funding
- Columbia man involved in two accidents, seriously injured
- Two detained after shooting at Old Hwy 63 leaves one wounded
- 'Never wavered': Wilks pleased with turnaround on defense
- 'Like winning the lottery': Columbia native delights in big plans for space telescope
- Little progress seen for Burrell Health walk-in facility
- No battle in Battle Line Rivalry: Missouri rolls over in second half of 34-17 loss to Arkansas
- Former Columbia sergeant appointed new Centralia police chief
- Rivalry taking shape as Missouri travels to Arkansas