About the opinion page
The Missourian’s Opinion section is a public forum for the discussion of ideas. The views presented in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Missourian or the University of Missouri. If you would like to contribute to the Opinion page with a response or an original topic of your own, visit our submission form.
Types of Submissions
Letters to the editor are limited to 250 words and must be signed by the author. Submissions are limited to two per month by a single author.
Guest commentaries are longer pieces, up to 700 words, and must be signed by the author.
All submissions must meet the editorial standards of the Columbia Missourian and will be verified for accuracy.
- Further restrictions on use of fetal tissue debated by state lawmakers
- Auburn's ability to crash the offensive glass difference against Missouri
- MU men's basketball loses heartbreaker to No. 1 Auburn
- Rock Bridge falls to Parkway North in Fort Zumwalt North tournament
- Redistricting map gains committee approval despite conservative opposition
- Goldie’s gives Columbia a taste of Jewish-American baked goods
- Katfish Katy's operators leave after less than a year
- Sheltered workshops a ‘godsend’ for some, exploitation to others
- Faculty Council to share petition against pay cut policy to all faculty
- MU Health Care reassigns nurses from 'non-clinical areas' to bedside shifts amid surge
- AG files mask lawsuit against Columbia Public Schools, districts statewide
- Battle High School releases balloons for Roberto Lauer
- Ronald McDonald House to sell location to St. Raymond's Society, move in 2023
- CPS board increases teachers' additional compensation amid substitute shortages
- MU faculty, staff, students deserve better leadership during pandemic