Editorial cartoon by John Darkow.
About the opinion page
The Missourian’s Opinion section is a public forum for the discussion of ideas. The views presented in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Missourian or the University of Missouri. If you would like to contribute to the Opinion page with a response or an original topic of your own, visit our submission form.
Types of Submissions
Letters to the editor are limited to 250 words and must be signed by the author. Submissions are limited to two per month by a single author.
Guest commentaries are longer pieces, up to 700 words, and must be signed by the author.
All submissions must meet the editorial standards of the Columbia Missourian and will be verified for accuracy.
- Students face long lines at dining locations amid staff shortage for Campus Dining
- From Faurot Field to 'The Bachelor' mansion: MU grad to star on reality show
- Demonstrators oppose vaccine and mask mandates at Capitol
- A's hold off Royals 12-10 to keep pace in AL wild-card race
- COMO Swim returns for first home meet
- Local lawyers push for reevaluation of courthouse murals' content
- Can you ride a bike in a shipping container? Katy Trail users will soon find out
- 'We just can't find people': Businesses struggle to hire, face disruptions amid record job openings
- Kewpies to help fill in while Marching Mizzou celebrates Missouri's bicentennial
- Teacher resigns over requirement to remove gay pride flag
- MU rises in the ranks of the U.S. News and World Report
- CPS School Board to vote Monday on extending COVID plan
- Local organizations, businesses react to new national vaccination requirements
- Bicycle collision leaves man hospitalized with life-threatening injuries
- Columbia man arrested for 2018 alleged ax assault