Of 115 counties in Missouri, including St. Louis City, 73 voted in favor of Constitutional Amendment 1, "Clean Missouri," by a vote of 51% or higher. Fourteen counties had a borderline vote in support, meaning their vote fell between 49.00% and 50.99%. Twenty-eight counties' support was less than 49%.
Spring 2020 state government reporter. I am a senior studying data journalism. I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @ashlyn_ohara.
As featured on
Missouri lawmakers voted 98-56 Wednesday to put a measure on November's ballot that would overturn the 2018 amendment.
Director of Photography
- Boone County positive COVID-19 cases surge
- Fulton man wins the lottery, gives back to the shelter that was briefly home
- No recycling pickup next week after waste employees exposed to COVID-19
- CAFO regulations: Low fines, infrequent inspections, repeat offenders
- Schnucks employee in Columbia tests positive for COVID-19
- Columbia trumpeter joins national remembrance with powerful taps
- Rock Bridge teacher-gymnast: 'You forget that you do it for fun sometimes'
- MU lays off 17, furloughs 154 as campus slowly reopens this week
- State officials make recommendations for CARES Act federal aid
- Memorial Day mix: Packed stores, pool sides, quiet home gatherings, virtual celebrations