Melissa Fike, an eighth-grade math teacher, was awarded the Milken Educator Award on Friday at Oakland Middle School in Columbia. The award comes with a $25,000 prize. Fike was the only recipient from Missouri this year.
Fall 2019 Photo Editor. Summer 2019 General Assignment Reporter. Spring 2019 Staff Photographer. I'm a graduate student on the photojournalism track. You can reach me at email@example.com or in the newsroom at 882-5700.
Director of Photography
- GUEST COMMENTARY: A flawed Thomas Jefferson left a lasting legacy
- Council votes to make face masks mandatory in Columbia
- Mandatory mask ordinance up for City Council vote Monday
- UPDATE: Juvenile held in Sunday shooting that killed 2
- With MU football on a hot recruiting stretch, here’s what lies ahead
- Customer with COVID-19 visited 2 downtown bars on June 26
- Possible public exposure to COVID-19 at downtown bar Room 38
- Health Department scrambling to keep up with contact tracing
- Strong opinions await City Council as it mulls making masks mandatory
- UPDATE: Treece says that 'if we want to keep Columbia's economy open, wear a mask'
- PHOTO GALLERY: Pierpont Café and Bar opens
- PHOTO GALLERY: Children parade down Russell Boulevard
- PHOTO GALLERY: Columbians share opinions about wearing masks
- PHOTO GALLERY: Local churches host March for Black Lives
- PHOTO GALLERY: Volunteers raise flags before Independence Day
- PHOTO GALLERY: Fireworks displays delight viewers
- PHOTO GALLERY: Public opinion heard on mask ordinance
- PHOTO GALLERY: Churches reopen for worship with safety precautions
- PHOTO GALLERY: A safe space for dogs
- Photos: The Cardinals go to 'Summer Camp'