Columbia resident Larry Joe Pauley has been participating in the Missouri State Senior Games since he was 50 years old. He is now 73.
"I'm going to to keep doing this until I can't," Pauley said.
Pauley competed in the Missouri State Senior Games darts competition Friday evening at the Columbia Armory Sports and Recreation Center along with other athletes. Participants had 24 darts to throw at the electronic board in the hopes of scoring the greatest number of points.
The Missouri State Senior Games will continue Saturday with competitions in many sports, including cycling, archery, soccer, shuffleboard and track and field, among others.
Director of Photography
- Who's next: Potential candidates for Missouri's new AD
- Potts decommits from MU women's basketball
- Second leader resigns over plans to reorganize MU identity-based social justice centers
- Assault and kidnapping attempt at Columbia Mall, suspect apprehended
- Sterk to receive full salary for two years after departure
- UPDATE: Man killed after Ashland assault is identified
- A tale of two COVID-19 conspiracy theories
- MU to reinstate temporary indoor mask requirements Monday
- Search for new Missouri AD officially underway
- Inquest: Violence, not suicide, killed man at Missouri party