The first day of the Show-Me State Games fencing competition began Saturday at Battle Elementary School. About 10 fencers competed in the morning competition.
Athletes were able to compete in the three different styles of fencing: foil, epee and sabre. Each style of fencing has a different style weapon as well as different areas of the body in which athletes can attack. Fencing is one of four sports to have been included in every modern Olympic Games since 1896.
Fencing competition will continue Sunday at Battle Elementary School.
As featured on
Director of Photography
- City begins collecting late charges for past-due utility bills
- City schedules orientation sessions for those seeking deer hunting permits
- Library hours extended into the evening as staffing levels increase
- Early morning burglary at River Region Credit Union in South Columbia
- Former MU star Schweizer finishes 11th in Olympic 5K
- Who's next: Potential candidates for Missouri's new AD
- Missouri woman pleads not guilty in friend's stabbing death
- Second leader resigns over plans to reorganize MU identity-based social justice centers
- Potts decommits from MU women's basketball
- MU athletic director Sterk to step down
- Sterk to receive full salary for two years after departure
- Flood damage along Katy Trail cancels bike ride
- UPDATE: Man killed after Ashland assault is identified
- A tale of two COVID-19 conspiracy theories
- MU to reinstate temporary indoor mask requirements Monday