From left to right, Bella Abell, Keatyn Hogf and Ava Gilo, all 11 years old, watch a Hallsville High School varsity football game on Friday in Hallsville. Abell's sister was a part of the homecoming court and walked onto the field before the game.
Hallsville players Ayden Lopez, Mitchell Simmerman and Jacob Drolet huddle together on the sidelines during Hallsville's game against California High School on Friday in Hallsville. All three players are freshmen.
First through fifth graders from Southern Boone County Elementary School line up to perform a cheer routine before halftime at a football game on Friday in Ashland. The Southern Boone varsity cheer team held a clinic on Tuesday with over 175 elementary school students. "My daughter has done this program before and it is always great," Amanda Robinette, mother of a cheerleader, said.
Hallsville’s football team celebrates a touchdown during a game against California on Friday in Hallsville. The touchdown, along with a successful two-point conversion, brought Hallsville’s score up to 22.
Above: Tim Newman waits for the start of a football game between Southern Boone County High School and Blair Oak High School on Friday in Ashland. Southern Boone's next game is against California High School on October 10.
When posting comments, please follow our community guidelines:
• Login with a social account on WorldTable.
• Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language or engage in personal attacks.
• Stay on topic. Don’t hijack a forum to talk about something else or to post spam.
• Abuse of the community could result in being banned.
• Comments on our website and social media may be published in our newspaper or on our website.