Hickman High School students, faculty and staff held a dedication ceremony for the Janna Fick Labyrinth on Friday at Hickman. Janna Fick was a psychology teacher at Hickman who taught her students the importance of mindfulness in everyday life.
Hickman High School Principal Tony Gragnani unveils a memorial stone resting next to the Janna Fick Labyrinth
Shakira Cross, a 2018 Hickman High School graduate, reads a poem she wrote
Donna Hechler, Janna Fick's mother, celebrates the dedication of the Janna Fick Labyrinth
Robin Steinhaus, the choir director at Hickman High School, leads the choir as they sing 'Seasons of Love'
Hickman High School junior Dylan Shelton sets a photo of Janna Fick next to a garden box
Director of Photography
- Rallies scheduled for Friday in wake of killings
- Columbia preschool student positive for COVID-19
- Continued rise in felony caseload cripples Missouri public defender system
- Anderson's '1 Columbia' city council campaign promotes closer neighborhoods
- UM System, local police address Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd
- Boone County positive COVID-19 cases surge
- Fulton man wins the lottery, gives back to the shelter that was briefly home
- No recycling pickup next week after waste employees exposed to COVID-19
- CAFO regulations: Low fines, infrequent inspections, repeat offenders
- Schnucks employee in Columbia tests positive for COVID-19
- Columbia trumpeter joins national remembrance with powerful taps
- Rock Bridge teacher-gymnast: 'You forget that you do it for fun sometimes'
- MU lays off 17, furloughs 154 as campus slowly reopens this week
- State officials make recommendations for CARES Act federal aid
- Memorial Day mix: Packed stores, pool sides, quiet home gatherings, virtual celebrations