McBaine and Rocheport have experienced varying levels of flooding in recent days. In Rocheport, part of Highway 240 is closed due to water over the road. In McBaine, part of State Route K through the town is closed because the water has submerged the roads throughout the area. The Missouri River has surpassed the flood stage of 21 feet by 12 feet in Boonville. The water is predicted to recede in the coming days.
A resident of McBaine paddles through the flooded town
The sign at Allen Street and Burr Oak Road is seen among the rising water
Debris from houses float toward the shore
A house and pickup truck are submerged
A lawn chair floats near the flooded Katy Trail
Many structures in McBaine remain standing
A driver ignores "Road Closed" signs
Director of Photography
- See where Budweiser Clydesdales are born at Warm Springs Ranch
- Escape to prison on a Missouri State Penitentiary tour
- Meander through Amish country for produce, bakery items, handmade goods
- Get a hearty, home-cooked meal at Abigail's in Rocheport
- 'I don't want to be the mold of Miss Missouri': Newly crowned MU senior promotes mentoring
- 'You could never bring him down': Darwin Hindman, Columbia's longest-serving mayor, dies
- Abby Hay: In a league of her own
- Last winter, a train killed a child in Missouri. The railroad calls her a trespasser
- With a family carrying the torch, Columbia's downtown dance studio turns 40
- A repeal of Missouri's motorcycle helmet law is on the governor's desk. What does that mean for motorcyclists?
- Residents fight to 'Save Historic Broadway'
- Kevon Billingsley commits to Missouri football's 2020 class
- Missouri football extends offer to Tolton lineman Mills
- Columbia man dies in duplex fire
- Clean up at Cooper's Landing postponed
- PHOTO GALLERY: "We call ourselves the Bam-ily"
- PHOTO GALLERY: Dads spend Father's Day outside with family
- PHOTO GALLERY: Skaters carve out time for Shred Fest
- PHOTO GALLERY: Summer campers turn drizzly Monday morning into dodgeball extravaganza
- PHOTO GALLERY: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Beer! Fundraiser hosted with game tournament
- PHOTO GALLERY: Blues fans bathe in the glory of first Stanley Cup victory
- PHOTO GALLERY: Soaking in the Summer: Families join for water gun fight in Douglass Park